AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-06-18, 06:32   Link #1301
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Some interesting facts I noticed:

1. It seems that Hayate's older brother met Yukariko.
(If you look at the chapter he appears for the first time, you can see Yukariko's arms. She said 'Thank you~ Passing hero~')
So if this is true then.. Is he Hayate's true "Biological" brother? and is he Nagi's dad? If yes to both, then Nagi can see her chances of falling in love with Hayate disappear like a sinking ship. I don't think Nagi would look at her possible uncle the same way again.

Quote:
2. I think Kuraus may have been the one who picked baby Maria up from the streets. On his profile in the first volume, it is mentioned that he knew Maria longer than Nagi. And Maria mentioned that Mikado took her to the main mansion when she was very young, so she may have lived with some other family beforehand.
Yeah, the Tennos family should be the greatest puzzle piece here, since Athena knows her.
leoblack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 07:31   Link #1302
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
So if this is true then.. Is he Hayate's true "Biological" brother? and is he Nagi's dad? If yes to both, then Nagi can see her chances of falling in love with Hayate disappear like a sinking ship. I don't think Nagi would look at her possible uncle the same way again.
Nagi's dad appeared once in Wataru's mom's flashback. He looked a lot like Hayate.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 11:11   Link #1303
leoblack9

Quote:
Nagi's dad appeared once in Wataru's mom's flashback. He looked a lot like Hayate.
Can you please tell me which chapter was that? I know it's still in raw but I'll understand it somehow.
Old 2009-06-18, 14:26   Link #1304
Used Can

Quote:
is he Nagi's dad?
Hardly, by the time the scene primuler mentioned took place, Nagi should have already been 3 years old.
Old 2009-06-19, 10:51   Link #1305
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Can you please tell me which chapter was that? I know it's still in raw but I'll understand it somehow.
Chapter 208. Hata insists that he is not Hayate.
Old 2009-06-20, 03:47   Link #1306
leoblack9

Quote:
Chapter 208. Hata insists that he is not Hayate.
Many thanks for that. I've nothing to say right now, my mind is unusually blank today.
Old 2009-06-20, 13:37   Link #1307
tsunade666

in chapter 208 is that really nagi's dad?
and in the arc of hayate's flash back when his brother has been shown...well this is interesting
now that its been mention when I recheck it I did see the sleeves of nagi's mom.
considering.... nagi's dad but its true that the date doesn't match.
as for athena knowing maria its a possible because when in the chapter when the god's eye.
A-tan did say it can only show the one she knows and its been bugging me how did she know
maria. And maria's parents hasn't been revealed yet too.

really many mysteries are being introduce in the recent chapters. and I was hoping A-tan and
hayate's meeting will soon to happen.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 14:44   Link #1308
Used Can

So, both of Nagi's parents look like Hayate? (Personally, I think Yukariko shares a closer resemblance with Izumi than with Hayate.)

Anyway, the dates do not really match, unless Yukariko had Nagi with Hayate's brother outside marriage, and they were just playing dumb in chapter 187. That'd be quite possible though.
Old 2009-06-20, 15:06   Link #1309
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Or maybe that's Himegami in chapter 208!
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 16:16   Link #1310
tsunade666

the other butler that tried to steal the king's jewel?

btw its a question to those who have read the arc of sakuya's birthday.

Why did hayate suddenly remember A-tan when he's talking with saku?
did he already realize his wrong back then? before the arc of izumi's with her family?
because I have read a translated chapter of vol 16 when his talking with izumi and izumi
ask him about his past girlfriend because I think she's starting to realize her love-love with
hayata-kun then hayate started crying and saying he was wrong and a-tan was right.
Old 2009-06-20, 17:42   Link #1311
Lisemer

Someone had thought Athena and Maria are perhaps blood siblings?
Maybe that's the reason Athena show her in the mirror and Maria was leaved in the church because they are twins and the Tennous family only needed one heiress (similar to the Rin and Sakura's bond in F/SN)
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 20:32   Link #1312
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
Or maybe that's Himegami in chapter 208!
You know, Yukariko is supposed to be married to that man. Nagi's dad is dead. Himegami was fired for trying to steal the stone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisemer View Post
Someone had thought Athena and Maria are perhaps blood siblings?
Maybe that's the reason Athena show her in the mirror and Maria was left in the church because they are twins and the Tennous family only needed one heiress (similar to the Rin and Sakura's bond in F/SN)
I thought so. Athena is goddess of wisdom and war(or that's what I learnt). Maybe Maria is the 'Wisdom' and Athena is 'War'. That 'abandoning a kid because she was twin to the heir' sounds plausible though.

Speaking of Sakuya's birthday... the mysterious character who appeared (the part was cut out in volume) at that time is Himegami, right? At least, anime depicted him as such. Hata said that the animation company got Himegami's surename correct, but he is a totally different person.

And... am I the only one who thinks that Nagi's parents somehow look a lot like Hayate and Maria(with her hair down)? You know, when the three of them took pictures together, I thought I was looking at the family photo.
Old 2009-06-20, 21:22   Link #1313
leoblack9

Just read.. OK I just scanned 208. After seeing the flashback with Nagi's mom and the Hayate-esque person, one thing surely got into my mind: More time travelling fiascoes with Hayate in it.

Really, after seeing the flashback thing it's too much of a coincidence that the guy wearing the same clothes with the hair style (only question is the hair color) helping someone doesn't give you a clue of who he is, given that you've read up to now. Well I could safely conclude now that he is Butler Robot #13 (Or if I'm wrong, whatever his number is)
Old 2009-06-21, 00:11   Link #1314
Used Can

Quote:
Nagi's dad is dead.
OR... that's what we've been told. After all, it didn't seem as if Wataru's mother (who seemed fond of Yukariko) was fond of him. And, taking into account Mikado seemed to care a lot for her, I wouldn't be surprised if the relationship between Yukariko and a mere plebeian was accepted.

In chapter 187, Hayate's brother and Yukariko met in the street, by that time Nagi should have already been 3 years old. So, I wouldn't be surprised if he was kicked out, and Nagi was told her father died.

For some reason, I do see this scenario as something very possible.

Quote:
I thought so. Athena is goddess of wisdom and war(or that's what I learnt). Maybe Maria is the 'Wisdom' and Athena is 'War'. That 'abandoning a kid because she was twin to the heir' sounds plausible though.
Maria and Athena look nothing like twins though.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were just friends. Athena seems to know about the Sanzen'in. So, I wouldn't be surprised if both of them played together once or something. After all, Athena cannot know a sister from whom she got separated at birth. That, and she didn't seem surprised when she saw Maria in that mirror - meaning she knew who that person was.

Quote:
And... am I the only one who thinks that Nagi's parents somehow look a lot like Hayate and Maria(with her hair down)? You know, when the three of them took pictures together, I thought I was looking at the family photo.
Somewhat, but she reminded me more of Izumi. Both of them are always smiling like that.

On the other hand, they also look like a pair of twins, who happen to be in love with each other.

Honestly, for a slice-of-life harem manga, HnG is really heading into a very interesting direction.

By the way, does anyone know about Hata's previous manga about those 2 sisters who went around trying to pay a debt. I'm very interested on it.

Last edited by Used Can; 2009-06-21 at 00:21.
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 00:24   Link #1315
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
By the way, does anyone know about Hata's previous manga about those 2 sisters who went around trying to pay a debt. I'm very interested on it.
Do you know the name? Is it '海の勇者ライフセイバーズ'?
Old 2009-06-21, 01:09   Link #1316
Used Can

Yes, I think that's it. Thank you.
Old 2009-06-21, 02:44   Link #1317
tsunade666

A-tan and maria playing together but maria has been left behind in front of the church....
wait the statue is lady maria.......mother of christ. god....connection to the name ...maria.
Even though theirs a chance that they meet when they grow... as for the time if hayate's five
then maria is already 6 back then that's possible.

as for c208 nagi's mom did say passed by hero. and hayata's bro did say be careful next time she go home. Maybe she just helped her and no more connection or just pure coincidence.

and besides why does hayate's family face hasn't been shown I know his parents are scum
but id shouldn't just be kanji on their face as for his brother too.
Old 2009-06-21, 07:44   Link #1318
-Breakthrough-

Quote:
Just read.. OK I just scanned 208. After seeing the flashback with Nagi's mom and the Hayate-esque person, one thing surely got into my mind: More time travelling fiascoes with Hayate in it.
True HnG Ending: Hayate x Yukariko hahaha

but seriously

it's probably just pure coincidence or just some distant relativity.
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 08:38   Link #1319
mechdra

I too believe it is pure coincidence. However it could also be the case of so near yet so far. From what I observed in previous chapter, it seems that Hayate is not blood related to his current parents. When his father held him up, he already has the intention to use him like a tool.With the addition that Nagi's parents resemble him, I believe that he might be Nagi's elder brother. Mikado is a man with many plans, whi knows that he do it so that he can mold Hayate to be a great man instead of some rich faggot. That is why he gave Hayate the stone as a sign that he is related to the Sanzenin family.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 11:53   Link #1320
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
When his father held him up, he already has the intention to use him like a tool.
I don't think that has anything to do with Hayate not being his actual son, but rather, that Hayate's parents were really just that terrible.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen