AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-06-25, 19:02   Link #1
Retryed
Tibia noob

Upload

I would like to know how i can get like 100+ kb/sec upload on irc. My max upload on irc right now is 37 kb/s so is there anyway i can increase it?Currently im on cable modem.
Retryed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 19:28   Link #2
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retryed
I would like to know how i can get like 100+ kb/sec upload on irc. My max upload on irc right now is 37 kb/s so is there anyway i can increase it?Currently im on cable modem.
Well it depends on how much bandwith you have. A good site to test your bandwith is www.dslreports.com. Assuming that you can reach 100kb/s (since you wouldn't ask it if you couldn't), all I'll have to say that you can't upload faster than the dude downloading stuff from you can download. If he just can download 37KB/s you'll use only 37KB/s of your upload.

I'm not much of an IRC expert but you could increase the simultaneous uploads to 2 or 3 files so that you can utilize your 100KB/s even if the individual download speeds are lower than that.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 20:12   Link #3
flammie
White Dragon

Pay more money to get a better plan with more upload bandwidth.
flammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 20:17   Link #4
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by flammie
Pay more money to get a better plan with more upload bandwidth.
Well, we don't know yet if Retryed actually can upload 100KB/s, meaning he has the bandwith -or- if he does not have the bandwith but still wants to get an upload speed of 100KB/s.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote