AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 74 39.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 26.20%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 13.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 10.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 4.81%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 2.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.07%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.14%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-06-25, 14:14   Link #61
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
The worst part is that as of the end of this episode, they've officially run out of canon material to use in the next episode (Aside from the very, very last scene). What a terrible directorial decision, the next episode is going to be even more boring than this one as they just used the one interesting scene they skipped in the previous episode.

1/10
Yes I'm sure you already know what's going to happen next episode like how you didn't expect this episode to end this way.

Besides the rooftop sleeping, there's still some other scenes for extra service, including Nagato on bike.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 14:35   Link #62
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Age: 30
For some reason, I can't stop laughing at Koizumi and Kyon in the yukata store. Kyon's reaction was hilarious

I wonder if people are gonna start wondering if my sig is spawned from this episode... lol I've been using it for ages now.
__________________

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 14:38   Link #63
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
I think Mikuru is programmed to override any spoken Kinsoku Jikou with Kinsoku Jikou, so that even in such emotional moments she would not reveal any Kinsoku Jikou.

And Koizumi's fabulousness is through the roof this episode lol
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 14:48   Link #64
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
...

*looks over his previous posts*

Wow, I AM a moron when I haven't had enough sleep.

Sigh, I'm really sorry guys, I guess today was Asshole Day.


Also, I finally 'got it'. I got why they made it three parts; it's to create the same feeling of I DON'T WANT ANOTHER LOOP that Kyon has in the original story.

I can't decide whether this is genius or whether they're on crack, but it's certainly artistic.

Logic dictates that next episode is going to be even more GRIMDARK in tone than this episode.

Only thing I'm worried about is Nagato's "15498", but HEY...

No more negative comments from me, none.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 14:49   Link #65
velocity7
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
She said 15497.
No, she said 15,498.

"ichi man go sen yon hyaku kyuu juu hachi"
= 1 x 10,000 + 5 x 1000 + 4 x 100 + 9 x 10 + 8

If it were 15,497, she would have said "nana" or "shichi" rather than "hachi".
__________________
velocity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 14:49   Link #66
ReneeBurossamu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I think Mikuru is programmed to override any spoken Kinsoku Jikou with Kinsoku Jikou, so that even in such emotional moments she would not reveal any Kinsoku Jikou.

And Koizumi's fabulousness is through the roof this episode lol
Bahaha, I just watched the raw.
You took the words about Koizumi right out of my mouth.

Koizumi's totally-gay-for-Kyon was a little too obvious here. I guess that's what all the fanservice in the episode was for. No one was going to "remember" anyways, so they just threw it all in.
If that made sense.
ReneeBurossamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 14:52   Link #67
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
it's to create the same feeling of I DON'T WANT ANOTHER LOOP that Kyon has in the original story.
Clearly it worked on you, and that's not a bad theory.
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 14:56   Link #68
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Since kyoani isn't pulling stunts like random episode orders this time, they must pull it other ways, ways that Haruhi-sama herself will come up with.

Haruhists, have faith.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 15:01   Link #69
baltakatei
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
No, she said 15,498.

"ichi man go sen yon hyaku kyuu juu hachi"
= 1 x 10,000 + 5 x 1000 + 4 x 100 + 9 x 10 + 8

If it were 15,497, she would have said "nana" or "shichi" rather than "hachi".
To back you up, here's the soundclip in question.
__________________
Twitter :: :: Fiction :: :: Blog :: ::
baltakatei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 15:33   Link #70
SidVicious
Anime addict
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: São Paulo/Brazil
Age: 37
The "hand in the face" was nice.
Go Kyon.
__________________
SidVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 16:05   Link #71
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
No, seriously.

What would you do if the entire rest of the season was just Endless Eight?
It would be amusing to see the seperate reactions. Some people would embrace it as genius, others would as my dear mother puts it "freak the freak". Of course there's no way that'll be the case, Kyoani is crazy but not KUREIZEI!
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 16:41   Link #72
l-l-lain
All hail Haruhi-sama!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK (cyberspace location: lailailain@gmail.com)
One fansub group's take on the new Haruhi schedule:

http://74.125.77.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=uk

LOL!!!
l-l-lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 16:49   Link #73
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Also, I finally 'got it'. I got why they made it three parts; it's to create the same feeling of I DON'T WANT ANOTHER LOOP that Kyon has in the original story.
Yes, that's right. I'm surprised at some of the other negative comments I've been seeing on this thread.

By saying all this I'm indicating what was missing in the novel. But where I love this anime adaptation is that they gave me, the viewer, something with which I can identify and become sympathetic to the characters' experiences. To have seen the summer events one time and to only be told that the same events have already occured 15,498 other times lacks the dramatic effect of re-living those same events with the characters at least one other time.

Viewers who haven't read the chapter won't know the difference so they suffer no loss, but those who have followed the book have gained something very significant in that dramatic effect. Kudos KyoAni, provided that we do have a resolution on the arc's 3rd episode.

Last edited by khryoleoz; 2009-06-25 at 17:04.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 16:53   Link #74
Jiggy
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
The worst part is that as of the end of this episode, they've officially run out of canon material to use in the next episode (Aside from the very, very last scene).
What if this only means that Tanigawa created some more anime-exclusive material and it's coming up next?

I highly doubt it, though, but I'm honestly curious what detractors of the way it's being handled would think in that case.



Edit: Mazui subs are out!

Last edited by Jiggy; 2009-06-25 at 17:12.
Jiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 16:58   Link #75
velocity7
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by l-l-lain View Post
One fansub group's take on the new Haruhi schedule:

http://74.125.77.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=uk

LOL!!!
And the following week after that, Haruhi was cancelled. Why? Because Celestial Being intervened.
__________________
velocity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 17:07   Link #76
typhonsentra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
Yes, that's right. I'm surprised at some of the other negative comments I've been seeing on this thread.

By saying all this I'm indicating what was missing in the novel. But where I love this anime adaptation is that they gave me, the viewer, something with which I can identify and become sympathetic to the characters' experiences. To have seen the summer events one time and to only be told that the same events have already occured 15,498 other times lacks the dramatic effect of re-living those same events with the characters at least one other time.

Viewers who haven't read the chapter won't know the difference so they suffer no loss, but those who have followed the book have gained something very significant in that dramatic effect. Kudos KyoAni, provided that we do have a resolution on the arc's 3rd episode.
The problem with this is, by having you sympathize with the characters that means you're thinking "Oh my God, I hate this so much please make it stop! Mommy, I want off the ride!!!" while sobbing curved in the fetal position like Mikuru was. That's not normally the reaction you want to get from your audience.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 17:10   Link #77
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
The problem with this is, by having you sympathize with the characters that means you're thinking "Oh my God, I hate this so much please make it stop! Mommy, I want off the ride!!!" while sobbing curved in the fetal position like Mikuru was. That's not normally the reaction you want to get from your audience.
There will always be this minority who wants to get off the ride.

Just look at how the majority responded to this episode with the poll above.

My conclusion, kyoani has successfully pulled off a stunt and wowed its audience.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 17:22   Link #78
typhonsentra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
There will always be this minority who wants to get off the ride.

Just look at how the majority responded to this episode with the poll above.

My conclusion, kyoani has successfully pulled off a stunt and wowed its audience.
Yeah, a Kyoani show getting mostly positive marks in an online poll? That's quite the feat, the stunt worked perfectly!

For how well this supposed great stunt worked according to you, I'm seeing significantly less interest in this new season when compared to the previous. Bittorrent downloads were pretty low for the last episode, merely around what would be considered normal for a moderately popular series like Toradora, certainly not what the community for Haruhi was back in the day (Even bigger is the drop on Youtube, the new opener doesn't even have a single video over 100k views after a full week. Back in the day a new episode of Haruhi would top the daily charts, that isn't happening this time around.). There's no way to know whether this'll carry over to DVD sales yet (The first season averaged around 42k a disc) but it's hardly a positive sign in enthusiasm.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 17:27   Link #79
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
I guess maybe a marathon of the original Twilight Zone series may be necessary to see just how far down the rabbit hole one can go

I'm glad they're animating the adventures.... I think I wish they had just done OVAs rather than this "jerk the fan" game. At least there's plenty of other things to do and watch in between the spurts
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 17:29   Link #80
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 24
you forgot to mention how the opinion of 1 man makes things fact.

also subs are out
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.