AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-07-04, 13:54   Link #301
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
I Hope that someday, Aksys will make some new charas for download including an Slayer type(better, put him in the game! He's immortal, so there's always an excuse, hehe). I would be sooo happy.
Slayer and his wife, are the most powerful characters that ever existed in any fighting game. They are virtually indestructible omnipotent gods.

@GuidoHunter_Toki: lol we're using the same characters, though I may be dropping Ragna for Bang.

Bang Install is too awesome and his Astral Heat is the embodiment of the hotblooded spirit of justice itself.

獅子神忍法・熱血最終奥義・「究極萬駆」
Shishigami Ninpo - Nekketsu Saishu Ougi - "Kyukyoku Bangu"
Lion God Ninja Technique - Hotblooded Final Secret - "Ultimate Bang" (Bangu actually means Ten Thousand Sprint)

@Duo: I claimed Rachel all the way back in page 3 of the thread

But I still think Noel is more moe, I die everytime she takes off her beret.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 14:49   Link #302
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Geez....I've grown more and more impatient. My copy sure takes it time arriving here.....
And I thought I can calm myself by watching Rachel's vid. Guess what? I was wrong.
Old 2009-07-04, 16:21   Link #303
Xion Valkyrie

Combos are hard >.>

Looks like mucho more hours in training mode are needed.

Haven't touched single player yet.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 17:34   Link #304
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Geez....I've grown more and more impatient. My copy sure takes it time arriving here.....
And I thought I can calm myself by watching Rachel's vid. Guess what? I was wrong.
let me guess, made you wonna play the game even more?
Old 2009-07-04, 17:36   Link #305
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I've been watching videos since the games release day, so yeah, doesn't help at all. I'm beating myself up checking this thread every few hours, and reading people talk about it.
Old 2009-07-04, 17:58   Link #306
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I've been watching videos since the games release day, so yeah, doesn't help at all. I'm beating myself up checking this thread every few hours, and reading people talk about it.
That's why i don't see any video at all. Just seeing Sonofheaven online playing already makes me crazy, hehe.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 20:25   Link #307
Westlo
Lets be reality

I need to give Racheal and Arakune a decent tryout before settling on my main, but they will really have to click with me to drop V-13 for them. Got to Rank 11 effortlessly with V-13 and double perfected a rank 20 tager lol.

Also flowchart time!

Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 20:27   Link #308
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

god i hate that tactic >< I wish they made his attacks a little more weaker.
Old 2009-07-04, 21:22   Link #309
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i heard blazeblue is already sold out, im glad that i got my own copy
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 22:52   Link #310
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
I went to the shop and bought the game together with a PS3 because I can't wait anymore as well lol

I can't even wait for the PS3 slim or price cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I need to give Racheal and Arakune a decent tryout before settling on my main, but they will really have to click with me to drop V-13 for them. Got to Rank 11 effortlessly with V-13 and double perfected a rank 20 tager lol.
I think you will be staying with Nu-13 as main lol, Nu's style seem to fit you very well.

Arakune and especially Rachel have a much higher learning curve than Nu.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 23:38   Link #311
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

not unless you stick with the same cheap stuff the other people use on Ranked matches =\
Old 2009-07-05, 00:45   Link #312
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
not unless you stick with the same cheap stuff the other people use on Ranked matches =\
The thing that makes Arakune dangerous are his combo loops and his damn curses. Arakune is also capable of setting up a nasty projectile wall that makes it difficult to get at him and failed attempts can lead to some nasty combos.

I find the best characters in dealing with Arakune are Rachel(good zoned attacks allow her to keep her distance, thus harder for Arakune to spam his curses) and Nu(in my opinion the best in dealing with Arakune). He should have a lot of trouble spamming considering Nu has swords that can hit full screen and when Arakune gets hit the curse cloud vanishes.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 01:01   Link #313
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'm seriously wondering what do people consider "cheap stuff" =/
If it's something that people have a hard time countering.....well, good luck, because if you give in against such tactic, then I hardly think you're also a good player. Don't you feel something is wrong when you fall for the same trick more than twice?

Of course the pro with such tactic is way more dangerous, since the moment his trick got blown out, he switches to other technique instantly, but most of the time when you can counter it, then it's your win already.

I find Carl's looping air combo is more dangerous, but not many people can pull it off.

Btw, this Rachel has serious skill, but I must say Hakuman's combo is hurt, really hard.

I like how she uses her "wind".

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2009-07-05 at 01:12.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 01:39   Link #314
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Its more of an issue of spamming than "cheap characters".

Most people that spam, while it may be annoying, its not like they are difficult to beat.

I think the only character you can definitively classify as cheap is Hakumen soley for his overdamaging combos. Arakune while he can become annoying with his bug curse attack, if you have someone who is skilled enough with a character give it their all against someone who is spamming with Arakune, he shouldn't be that hard to beat.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2009-07-05 at 10:58.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 03:58   Link #315
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
If it's something that people have a hard time countering.....well, good luck, because if you give in against such tactic, then I hardly think you're also a good player. Don't you feel something is wrong when you fall for the same trick more than twice?
Amen brother. While I haven't played Blazblue yet (still waiting for it through the mail), this applies to any fighter, be it SF4, Tekken, Soul Caliber, etc. I'm dead certain it applies to Blazblue as well. (Heck, it even applies to competitive trading card games like Magic: The Gathering, but I won't go there...)

This is especially true for competitive games (ie. ranked matches). If I see someone unable to deal with a certain tactic/move/special combo, and no matter how many times I do it the opponent doesn't seem to learn, you can bet that I will keep on doing it until either the enemy learns to counter it or they're dead.

Granted, how easy to counter a certain tactic/move/combo differs with each character, but hey, that's why matchups are never straight up 50/50 unless its the mirror. Its a fact that fighting games are never balanced despite how hard they try to make it out to be.

Seriously, you don't suddenly change your gameplan if its working... no, that's not how being competitive is. Being competitive means achieving victory through any means outside of cheating, and if that means spamming the same move over and over again because the opponent doesn't know how to deal with it, then its fair game. If you can't deal with such a predictable attack pattern, then it shows a lack of skill on your part, not on the opponent's. Take it as a lesson of sorts as a way to experiment in finding a counter for it.

But if you refuse to find a counter for it and don't change your tactics (all the while complaining about said spam), then you're likely more suited towards the casual matches, since those who ONLY kows how to spam are the lowest tier of skilled players. If you can't deal with them, then how much more against better ones?

As for reason why people play rank matches, I can't speak for everyone, but I certainly don't play it for bragging rights about how high my points are. I use it mainly to avoid the 'scrubs' and fight against more skillful players so that I learn how to deal with a variety of tough situations. Unlike RPGs, you only really improve your skill by fighting hard battles, and you never increase your skill by defeating countless easy opponents. Ranked matches are simply just a way to find opponents of equal skill or preferably greater. Nothing more, nothing less.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 05:40   Link #316
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

So no EU release date so far? :|
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 06:05   Link #317
gunshottrigun
Crazy Shrine Maiden

Send a message via AIM to gunshottrigun Send a message via MSN to gunshottrigun Send a message via Yahoo to gunshottrigun
Quote:

Also flowchart time!

Great flow chart, I love it.
gunshottrigun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 06:06   Link #318
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
this game seems good
I think we will be seeing these characters in Mugen soon lol

oh if this games get any better, I'd hope they make GG vs. BlazBlue game

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 06:20   Link #319
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Amen brother. While I haven't played Blazblue yet (still waiting for it through the mail), this applies to any fighter, be it SF4, Tekken, Soul Caliber, etc. I'm dead certain it applies to Blazblue as well. (Heck, it even applies to competitive trading card games like Magic: The Gathering, but I won't go there...)

This is especially true for competitive games (ie. ranked matches). If I see someone unable to deal with a certain tactic/move/special combo, and no matter how many times I do it the opponent doesn't seem to learn, you can bet that I will keep on doing it until either the enemy learns to counter it or they're dead.
Oh yes, I wasn't disagree with you either. When I got hit by the same trick more than twice, I already knew something is wrong with me, and I have to change my style immediately (took me a quite to learn how to screw my habit and act on my brain instead). I'd rather take my time to figure out how to counter such tactic instead of going around screaming "cheap trick". I found that I can improve myself better with that kind of playing in other games (Soul Calibur, GG, KOF, and some minor games that I don't think many people will recognize, like Last Blade. Never touched SF or Tekken, though).

But what can I do if people don't learn? =/
Old 2009-07-05, 06:37   Link #320
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Apparently V-13 is SF4's Sagat. Top tier and pretty broken if used properly.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360