AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei OVA - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 34 39.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 22.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 19.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 10.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.16%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-06-29, 02:11   Link #41
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep4:
__________________
FlareKnight is offline  
Old 2009-06-29, 10:31   Link #42
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Thank to Eryops, i finally understand Bernkastel's identity (really thank there, mate ^^ )

To say the truth, the anime's directoring of the whole Higurashi's series suck, but i can't stop giving it the top score, because the anime+ this sub-forum + bit of novels and manga is a real masterpiece.

I means without the anime, a lots of ppl won't be able to get through the novel. To me, the anime is like a basic tree diagram where you watched through to get the main frame, then get the details (of parts you interest in) through the novel (have to thank kj1980 and Sushi-Y and LostBlue and everyone else for translating the tips =D ).

The ep itself was great (once again i have to say the anime directoring was really suck, so many long conversation, so many rush). Every time i thought no satisfying ending can be pulled off, Higurashi showed me that i was damn wrong (S1, Kai, Rei, all 3 of them...).

Finallly: I'm happy really. Because i decided to check out Higurashi; and because next time if someone asks me if i ever read a master piece novel, i will tell them that no Harry Porter or Twilight craps (my apologises to die-hard fans of these 2, but that's the truth) can be even compared to Higurashi
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline  
Old 2009-06-29, 10:34   Link #43
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
i really wanna see more hanyuu in MILF form, i have seen enough of her loli form
kk2extreme is offline  
Old 2009-06-29, 10:43   Link #44
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
i really wanna see more hanyuu in MILF form, i have seen enough of her loli form
I prefer her loli form but maybe a "desktop pet" of loli Hanyuu transforming into adult version would be nice

PS: there are only 4 of them out atm, right? (with Shion+Mion =1)

Edit: talk about destop pet...... don't worry Satoko, you can boil either broccoli or cauliflower and eat, it just the same!! xD
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline  
Old 2009-06-30, 06:45   Link #45
Mint Kashiro
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
And one more regarding Matsuribayashi-hen
Spoiler for Epilogue?:
Spoiler for Response:
Mint Kashiro is offline  
Old 2009-06-30, 09:58   Link #46
Kazane
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
I loved it when Rena made the speech about choices and the two worlds as it reminded me of this TIP here which I enjoyed reading.

So the weapon Ouka was holding was the Onigari no Ryuou? Fitting appearance, I guess.

10/10; great ending to the main storyline. This is it, huh. Sigh.
Kazane is offline  
Old 2009-07-02, 14:48   Link #47
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 29
Beautiful, just beautiful. I just love these kind of introspective, "talky" as some people might put it, episodes. I think the philosophical dilemma was well portrayed, and the conclusion they arrived to left a good after taste. I didn't feel a sense of rushing, since the point of the episode was an epilogue to Higurashi's theme rather than to its story or its character, and the former was not rushed at all.
Proto is offline  
Old 2009-07-07, 18:38   Link #48
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dodging spoilers...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FooBar View Post
There's something I didn't quite understand during the entire Saikoroshi-hen arc:

Spoiler for Saikoroshi-hen:
Here's my take on it: Let's assume for a moment that Rika really did die in the car accident that sent her to the next world. In order for her to get back to the one she left, there would have to be a body waiting for her. Hanyuu used the rest of her spiritual power to either:
a. rebuild rika's body and change people's memories or
b. changed the timeline itself so that rika would only receive a coma from the accident, instead of losing her head.

The resulting use of Hanyuu's power deprived her of her corporeal existance in the world where Takano was defeated, hence why she appears in ghost form. I don't think any of the friends acknowledged her existance either.
Freelii is offline  
Old 2009-07-08, 05:56   Link #49
Eryops
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelii View Post
The resulting use of Hanyuu's power deprived her of her corporeal existance in the world where Takano was defeated, hence why she appears in ghost form. I don't think any of the friends acknowledged her existance either.
That doesn't explain why Hanyuu appears in a corporeal form a year before the start of the story (to Ichirou Maebara) but is invariably incorporeal after that point in time (except for Matsuribayashi-hen).

I think that since Hanyuu became corporeal in an attempt to help Rika, she simply no longer saw a need to remain in that form after Rika survived past June 1983.
Eryops is offline  
Old 2009-07-08, 13:03   Link #50
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
That doesn't explain why Hanyuu appears in a corporeal form a year before the start of the story (to Ichirou Maebara) but is invariably incorporeal after that point in time (except for Matsuribayashi-hen).

I think that since Hanyuu became corporeal in an attempt to help Rika, she simply no longer saw a need to remain in that form after Rika survived past June 1983.
Maybe both Rika and Hanyuu couldn't accustom with Hanyuu's corporeal body since they have lived with Hanyuu's "ghost" form for the past hundreds years. So Hanyuu decided to return to her normal form and clear everyone's memories about her.
Their living cost would be lower that way as well, (and Rika can be back to her sadist self -> punish Hanyuu whenever she want)
__________________

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2009-07-08 at 13:23.
risingstar3110 is offline  
Old 2009-07-08, 16:02   Link #51
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
One of the best anime episodes I've seen in a good long while. Now I finally understand exactly why this OVA was made following the conclusion to Kai.
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2009-07-08, 16:22   Link #52
Eryops
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Maybe both Rika and Hanyuu couldn't accustom with Hanyuu's corporeal body since they have lived with Hanyuu's "ghost" form for the past hundreds years. So Hanyuu decided to return to her normal form and clear everyone's memories about her.
Their living cost would be lower that way as well, (and Rika can be back to her sadist self -> punish Hanyuu whenever she want)
There's no evidence that Hanyuu can affect people's memories or that her corporeal presence caused problems to those around her. And all the worlds were different, so none of the other characters have existed for 100 years.
Eryops is offline  
Old 2009-07-08, 21:07   Link #53
qwertyuiopz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
now thats ended........i dont understand why rena went nuts when asked about the dam at ep 2?
qwertyuiopz is offline  
Old 2009-07-08, 21:13   Link #54
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
She didn't go nuts. As much as Rika thought it was Irie in episode 2, it is the same for Rena: Rika wasn't totally "adapted" to the world (as Rika is traveling between Kakera via a memory transfer), so her memories are predominant and makes her see that Rena would turn insane/touchy about that subject.
In reality, this Rena has no reason to go erratic over that matter.

Conversively, this is also the reason why she saw Yamoto despite it was Irie in episode 4: her memories has to "adapt" to the world she is in.
Klashikari is offline  
Old 2009-07-11, 17:21   Link #55
aldw
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazane View Post
I loved it when Rena made the speech about choices and the two worlds as it reminded me of this TIP here which I enjoyed reading.

So the weapon Ouka was holding was the Onigari no Ryuou? Fitting appearance, I guess.

10/10; great ending to the main storyline. This is it, huh. Sigh.
The insight Rena and the others presented was quite good, even for someone as jaded and experienced as Rika was, for certain things aren't apparent for a viewer at times.

As for Hanyuu being corporeal, even a being like her can be affected by Schroedinger's Cat as well, so it wouldn't be a surprise if the world that Rika has the accident to be divergent from that in Matsuribayashi-hen.
aldw is offline  
Old 2009-07-20, 13:43   Link #56
Yami Sonozaki
Shion's follower xD
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Europe -> Romania
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Yami Sonozaki Send a message via Yahoo to Yami Sonozaki
Just saw it subbed today and I must say it was a great ending.
A "talky" episode was needed in order to explain most stuff, but I'm a little sad because more details about Bernkastel weren't given, except that monologue RIka had "I should stop living as the witch Bernkastel". More details on that would have been awesome really.

Also, I'm pretty much sure that world wasn't a dream. I'm sure Hanyuu said that so Rika would stop thinking about it.
Overall a nice and touching episode.
Can't believe it's the end. *sniff*
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
Yami Sonozaki is offline  
Old 2009-07-22, 17:22   Link #57
aldw
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami Sonozaki View Post
Just saw it subbed today and I must say it was a great ending.
A "talky" episode was needed in order to explain most stuff, but I'm a little sad because more details about Bernkastel weren't given, except that monologue RIka had "I should stop living as the witch Bernkastel". More details on that would have been awesome really.

Also, I'm pretty much sure that world wasn't a dream. I'm sure Hanyuu said that so Rika would stop thinking about it.
Overall a nice and touching episode.
Can't believe it's the end. *sniff*
It can be both a dream and a real world, so again it's not necessarily mutually exclusive.
aldw is offline  
Old 2009-07-23, 02:51   Link #58
0seveN
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
I saw this image on the episode 3 thread, but thought I'd ask here.



Is there something special I'm supposed to do to get Rena to do the Rika-hug animation? I've had the Rena pet on my desktop since OVA 1 came out, and she hasn't done it once.

Last edited by 0seveN; 2009-07-23 at 03:13.
0seveN is offline  
Old 2009-07-23, 05:48   Link #59
Eryops
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0seveN View Post
Is there something special I'm supposed to do to get Rena to do the Rika-hug animation? I've had the Rena pet on my desktop since OVA 1 came out, and she hasn't done it once.
They do these randomly. Rena has done it on my computer a number of times.
Eryops is offline  
Old 2009-07-23, 07:30   Link #60
0seveN
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
So I'm really just so unlucky I haven't seen it once in more than 3 months? That's depressing.
0seveN is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.