AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-07-11, 10:43   Link #201
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
^
At least she's cute. So. .w hoever wins, I still think that "it's okay" lol. Though I hope for another Shuffle!

Quote:
Anyway, I think he either ends with Sylvia or Charlotte, though the other two won't be so easily ignored. It's been a while since I've had a series that made me feel 'hurry up and air!'.
Same here ;_;
But...guess we have to wait Hope the animation quality will stay the same. .or better.
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 11:26   Link #202
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
I just want the pink hair girl to lose, by any means necessary including death, im so sick of that species in anime in regards to this kind of stuff.
Would you mind elaborating on that, considering that Charlotte doesn't readily fall under any of the usual stereotypes, at least going by the first impressions ? (Which is something that arguably can't be said about Sylvia at this point).
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 11:32   Link #203
Foreshadow
Nyaa~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Would you mind elaborating on that, considering that Charlotte doesn't readily fall under any of the usual stereotypes, at least going by the first impressions ? (Which is something that arguably can't be said about Sylvia at this point).
Really? Because Charlotte more then anything falls under the stereotype of outgoing girl who bugs the main character at every turn in the story. jumps him at any chance.. that one girl who keeps trying even though she knows the guy is taken... Kind of person.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 11:35   Link #204
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
Really? Because Charlotte more then anything falls under the stereotype of outgoing girl who bugs the main character at every turn in the story. jumps him at any chance.. that one girl who keeps trying even though she knows the guy is taken... Kind of person.
Plus has huge breasts and pink hair.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 11:45   Link #205
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
Really? Because Charlotte more then anything falls under the stereotype of outgoing girl who bugs the main character at every turn in the story. jumps him at any chance.. that one girl who keeps trying even though she knows the guy is taken... Kind of person.
Ah, but Teppei isn't taken though - not until he himself acknowledges the engagement at least (Nor do we know if it is something Sylvia wishes for either at the moment). Charlotte indeed seems easygoing, but i like the self-awareness she displayed during her playful quirks. She doesn't seem like a sheltered airhead or someone who is self-important, either of which was something i was rather expecting from your typical princess character, so she came as a somewhat pleasant surprise for the role. Jury is still out on Sylvia, but thus far i see someone who is likely to be the usual knightly character, easily flustered and angered about things that don't condone to her vision of (likely somewhat strict) etiquette, and wouldn't be surprised if she is a tsundere as well. Though either are liable to change at this point i suppose, given the minimal exposure to either character, but based on said impressions i personally have more to look towards to in Charlotte. Though i suppose this comes down to arguing personal preferences in the end, so heh ..
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 11:54   Link #206
Foreshadow
Nyaa~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Ah, but Teppei isn't taken though - not until he himself acknowledges the engagement at least (Nor do we know if it is something Sylvia wishes for either at the moment). Charlotte indeed seems easygoing, but i like the self-awareness she displayed during her playful quirks. She doesn't seem like a sheltered airhead or someone who is self-important, either of which was something i was rather expecting from your typical princess character, so she came as a somewhat pleasant surprise for the role. Jury is still out on Sylvia, but thus far i see someone who is likely to be the usual knightly character, easily flustered and angered about things that don't condone to her vision of (likely somewhat strict) etiquette, and wouldn't be surprised if she is a tsundere as well. Though either are liable to change at this point i suppose, given the minimal exposure to either character, but based on said impressions i personally have more to look towards to in Charlotte. Though i suppose this comes down to arguing personal preferences in the end, so heh ..
I was using "that one girl who keeps trying even though she knows the guy is taken" as an example, Like in many many many typical Shoujo mangas the heroine has a boyfriend and another girl constantly goes after her boyfriend regardless kind of person. And Yes, it definitely comes down to personal preference in the end. I was trying to explain that Charlotte falls still into a category of stereotypical Anime characters.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 12:00   Link #207
Wargumm1i
Jinchuuriki
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
What pink haired girl?
__________________
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 12:07   Link #208
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Quote:
I was using "that one girl who keeps trying even though she knows the guy is taken" as an example, Like in many many many typical Shoujo mangas the heroine has a boyfriend and another girl constantly goes after her boyfriend regardless kind of person. And Yes, it definitely comes down to personal preference in the end. I was trying to explain that Charlotte falls still into a category of stereotypical Anime characters.
The type of girl who likes to nags around with the protagonist ? Well, at least she was the one who first met Teppei, so it does not feel completely stereotypical for me.

Anyway, in what day does this show airs ?
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 12:22   Link #209
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Permanent retirement from raws-hunting
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
The type of girl who likes to nags around with the protagonist ? Well, at least she was the one who first met Teppei, so it does not feel completely stereotypical for me.

Anyway, in what day does this show airs ?
Hmmm...tomorrow afternoon, if I'm not mistaken. In more or less 22 hours.
__________________
<< -- Click to enter my GFX thread.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 12:46   Link #210
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
I just want the pink hair girl to lose, by any means necessary including death, im so sick of that species in anime in regards to this kind of stuff.
not many pink haired main girs out there for my taste, they are my fav so of course l'mma root for her plus the little that has been shown about her...she isn't annoying or abusive
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 12:48   Link #211
npal
I desire Tomorrow!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sixth Layer of Celestia
Age: 31
Pink-haired girls? Kuniko ftw ^^

... Yeah, I know, offtopic I don't really mind the hair, unless it's green, and then, not THAT much
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 12:51   Link #212
cloudninja
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
To me it was definitely an above average start for a harem-based show, I usually drop most of them after the first episode but this one is worth watching so far.

Charlotte seems playful and teasing, they'll probably make her somewhat aggressive without being over the top. My guess is that she will turn out to be more than just a shallow one-dimensional character. I hope it's not just wishful thinking but I see hints in their first meeting that she is more intelligent and thoughtful than the standard stereotype that she fits in, hopefully they'll show more of it in later episodes.

With Sylvia, I can see that they're using the Saber resemblance for some instant appeal. She certainly seems cute and is more innocent looking compared to Saber. I remember Saber as usually having a tougher looking expression on her face, probably because of all the battles and hardship she went through. Anyway, it's early in the show and I hope they manage to give all the characters some level of depth.
cloudninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 12:57   Link #213
velvet nightmare
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
though the series is listed as comedy + harem

im interested in how they're going to proceed with the whole murder thing and backstabbing issues that was brought up
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 14:23   Link #214
satomianzaki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
this anime really caught my attention, as one of the female charcaters, sylvia, looks like one of my most favorite female anime characters, saber...

as this is just the beginning and even though sylvia is engaged to teppei, charlotte is really a huge threat to their relationship, if there will be any...since its just an arranged engagement...besides, there is a higher possibilty that teppei will choose charlotte, since well...hmmm, maybe because like what others mentioned, she's like the main girl?

how could they do that to a saber look alike? just giving her a supporting role?
oh well...still i'm rooting sylvia for teppei...she's really pretty and quite strong too...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 16:02   Link #215
Wargumm1i
Jinchuuriki
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
I just wonder how many girls will fall for the main character, it seems that the princess and his fiance, also its seems that the maid will as well. And that twin pony tail girl in the preview will also I think.
__________________
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 23:05   Link #216
ubb
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Does anyone have background info on the twin tail?
ubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 23:15   Link #217
Lostdreams
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
I was using "that one girl who keeps trying even though she knows the guy is taken" as an example, Like in many many many typical Shoujo mangas the heroine has a boyfriend and another girl constantly goes after her boyfriend regardless kind of person. And Yes, it definitely comes down to personal preference in the end. I was trying to explain that Charlotte falls still into a category of stereotypical Anime characters.
how can you judge any of the characters after the first episode. For all you know, Silvie might be a lesbian.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 23:43   Link #218
Foreshadow
Nyaa~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
how can you judge any of the characters after the first episode. For all you know, Silvie might be a lesbian.
I'm a very judgmental person who doesn't like flirts
Anyway that's why i used such a broad category to describe her.
We'd have an interesting Harem if Sylvia was Lesbian...

Last edited by Foreshadow; 2009-07-11 at 23:56.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 00:03   Link #219
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I just wonder how many girls will fall for the main character, it seems that the princess and his fiance, also its seems that the maid will as well. And that twin pony tail girl in the preview will also I think.
the four girls at the end of the op perhaps?
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 00:25   Link #220
Wrath88
Kissing...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
The type of girl who likes to nags around with the protagonist ? Well, at least she was the one who first met Teppei, so it does not feel completely stereotypical for me.
I rather think of her as the genki girl who is interested by the male lead. And the stereotype of the girl who pursues the already taken guy can't be applied yet, since:
1) I doubt the fact that Sylvia and Teppei are engaged is known to the schoolmates yet
2) We don't know the guy's choice regarding that engagement

I wonder, does Charlotte outrank Sylvia socially?
__________________
Okairii, Nerine-chan
Wrath88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, romance, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.