AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-11, 23:18   Link #1
KoolKid2K4

Suggestion For New Anime To Watch

Hi guys, im looking for a new anime series to watch. So far the only anime series i have ever watched were (Hellsing & Cowboy Bebop) I loved those two series because of the artstyle,story & length of series.

Any expert anime members here can suggest a new anime that has a good story and is not to lengthy (100+ episodes) Thx for any help.
Old 2009-07-12, 03:30   Link #2
oompa loompa

Oh dear.. I wouldnt know where to begin

well, here are the usual things i would suggest to someone whos just started watching (Hellsing & Cowboy Bebop were two of the first shows i watched as well )

Samurai Champloo - I think this is a great one to watch after Bebop. I didnt think it was quite as good, but no doubt, its very good.

Neon Genesis Evangelion
- IMHO there is very little I can compare to NGE. It gets such mixed reviews - I think its brilliant though

Death Note - Another really good anime. This really had me dying to watch the next episode. Theres a bit of a slump in the middle, but, I'm sure you'll want to see the conclusion to this.

There are plenty plenty more, but I really wouldnt know where to start. I suggest you take some time to look through this forum, and some anime database sites, i.e. ANN to look at their rating and summaries to get an idea of what you might like.
Old 2009-07-12, 04:24   Link #3
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!

Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
these great anime try to watch them:
Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch
Sengoku BASARA
Claymore

and I second Death Note

^__^

Old 2009-07-12, 07:30   Link #4
Shadow Kira01

If you like Hellsing and Cowboy Bebop, you may like these animes too:

Currently Airing

CANAAN
Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~

Completed Series

Black Lagoon
Blood+
Gun X Sword
Gungrave
Old 2009-07-12, 08:41   Link #5
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I would recommend Fullmetal Alchemist. (The version that is already completed, they are airing a remake right now that follows the manga storyline, but the anime original is good too).

After that, if you want to try something a little different you could try Full Metal Panic

Starblazers would be good to... if you are willing to go old school w/ 70's era artwork.
Old 2009-07-12, 21:03   Link #6
Echoes

There's been tons of great stuff recommended to you in this thread already, I suggest you research every single one of the series and give the ones that tickle your fancy a shot.

I'll just add that if you've watched the Hellsing TV series (13 episodes), I wholeheartedly recommend that you watch Hellsing Ultimate, which is a retelling of the story, following the source material (manga) more closely, and having much better animation, music and general execution. If you've not already seen it, get to it, it will definitely be to your liking. (If you already watched Hellsing Ultimate, I wouldn't recommend watching the TV series, it is inferior in just about every regard. For hardcore fans only.)
Old 2009-07-12, 22:16   Link #7
Sasano

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
Oh dear.. I wouldnt know where to begin

well, here are the usual things i would suggest to someone whos just started watching (Hellsing & Cowboy Bebop were two of the first shows i watched as well )

Samurai Champloo - I think this is a great one to watch after Bebop. I didnt think it was quite as good, but no doubt, its very good.

Neon Genesis Evangelion
- IMHO there is very little I can compare to NGE. It gets such mixed reviews - I think its brilliant though

Death Note - Another really good anime. This really had me dying to watch the next episode. Theres a bit of a slump in the middle, but, I'm sure you'll want to see the conclusion to this.

There are plenty plenty more, but I really wouldnt know where to start. I suggest you take some time to look through this forum, and some anime database sites, i.e. ANN to look at their rating and summaries to get an idea of what you might like.
I'll just go ahead and second this.
Old 2009-07-13, 11:11   Link #8
Xx_Metallica_xX

I second Death note and black lagoon
Old 2009-07-13, 16:09   Link #9
KoolKid2K4

wow thx guys, I went out & got Samurai Champloo. So far its going good, up to episode 4 now. I will check out the other series you guys posted. Thx 4 help
Closed Thread