AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-07-11, 15:08   Link #461
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitsPunchSamurai View Post
They still have to rights to air the first series (which as been going on for 7 years now) and what's stopping them is that Viz hasn't licensed it but given that the US manga clearly hasn't caught up as of yet to where the anime left off and Adult Swim's own yielding status of anime it seems pretty slim so maybe in about a year we'll see...
What're you talking about? The US manga has recently passed where the anime ended. And AS is still airing it at like 5 AM on Sundays.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 15:20   Link #462
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Viz's translation is up to volume 37-38, isn't it? I haven't checked for Inuyasha in the book store for awhile, so I'm not completely sure.
Old 2009-07-11, 16:36   Link #463
Xagzan

Right and the anime ended in vol 36.
Old 2009-07-12, 00:48   Link #464
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Let's not jump too far ahead, here - so far we just have educated guesswork. It could still be something lame like a Black Tessaiga OVA release.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 01:26   Link #465
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
What're you talking about? The US manga has recently passed where the anime ended. And AS is still airing it at like 5 AM on Sundays.
What does this have to do with anything? The 2nd anime has been announced but Viz hasn't licensed it for U.S. release and even if they did I doubt Adult Swim in their current position would care since the series popularity has definitely waned here in the U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I'd imagine AS is pretty excited about this. That was one of the only animes they had with a consistent following and ratings during reruns.
That was 4 years ago
It hasn't had the same position it gained then (being pushed to the dead AM slot)
and manga sales (as of recent) aren't as high as thy used to be. And anyone who's watch Adult Swim nowadays will see that their enthusiasm for anime isn't as big as it was back then...
FruitsPunchSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 03:52   Link #466
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Hence RIP the AS I used to know and love.
Old 2009-07-12, 09:22   Link #467
Xagzan

Quote:
What does this have to do with anything? The 2nd anime has been announced but Viz hasn't licensed it for U.S. release and even if they did I doubt Adult Swim in their current position would care since the series popularity has definitely waned here in the U.S.
You said "They still have to rights to air the first series (which as been going on for 7 years now) and what's stopping them is that Viz hasn't licensed it" implying that they weren't airing the first series, which they are. It's pretty much been running nonstop for a long time now, longer than even Bleach. I think it's safe to assume AS will get it. The announcement won't even be made till the 22nd anyway, so it would be premature for Viz to license it already.
Old 2009-07-12, 13:08   Link #468
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Quote:
The announcement won't even be made till the 22nd anyway, so it would be premature for Viz to license it already.
Pretty much this. Let's hope the rumor itself is true in the first place :crossesfingers:
Old 2009-07-12, 17:30   Link #469
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The second anime has been announced? Not hardly. Let's hope we get the chance to argue over stuff like CN lisencing...
Old 2009-07-12, 19:58   Link #470
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Wasn't Inuyasha one of CN's more popular animes on AS? I seem to remember it had decent ratings.
Old 2009-07-12, 22:20   Link #471
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Read post #465
Old 2009-07-13, 00:19   Link #472
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
You said "They still have to rights to air the first series (which as been going on for 7 years now) and what's stopping them is that Viz hasn't licensed it" implying that they weren't airing the first series, which they are. It's pretty much been running nonstop for a long time now, longer than even Bleach. I think it's safe to assume AS will get it. The announcement won't even be made till the 22nd anyway, so it would be premature for Viz to license it already.
It recently went back on the schedule after being off the air for a year which doesn't include the time when adult swim were dodgy with their anime schedule in light of low ratings for their saturday night block. And it's hard to assume anything with adult swim nowadays since anime hasn't been a hot topic with the block for some time now.
Old 2009-07-13, 11:30   Link #473
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Wasn't Inuyasha one of CN's more popular animes on AS? I seem to remember it had decent ratings.
It did have pretty great ratings consistently over the years. Thats why it was aired so often and for so long. Of course after they rerunned the entire series about 5+ times, it was only natural people got sick of it so ratings started to drop, which prompted adult swim to move to the 5 a.m. time slot it currently holds. So they're still showing it, which makes it Adult Swim's longest running anime. It's been aired on adult swim over the years since 2002 (I think it had a hiatus at least once or twice).
Old 2009-07-13, 17:31   Link #474
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I suspect a new season of Inuyasha would be one of the highest rated anime ever to air on AS. If there is indeed a new season that will surely be a major reason why it got the green light.
Old 2009-07-13, 20:12   Link #475
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I suspect a new season of Inuyasha would be one of the highest rated anime ever to air on AS. If there is indeed a new season that will surely be a major reason why it got the green light.
Yeah....about that...
Old 2009-07-14, 00:39   Link #476
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Well I suspect a lot of the old fans would have to come back and watch it for it to reach that popularity.

With that said, Inuyasha does hold the spot as one of the highest rated anime to have aired on Adult Swim. Particularly during the beginning years of its run it garnered the most viewer ratings of any anime on Adult Swim. It had amongst the highest ratings of all age groups.
Old 2009-07-14, 00:59   Link #477
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Well I suspect a lot of the old fans would have to come back and watch it for it to reach that popularity.

With that said, Inuyasha does hold the spot as one of the highest rated anime to have aired on Adult Swim. Particularly during the beginning years of its run it garnered the most viewer ratings of any anime on Adult Swim. It had amongst the highest ratings of all age groups.
That would be Fullmetal Alchemist which had an estimated number of 900,000 viewers in one night alone (a feat that no other anime has done in adult swim's history). Inuyasha however had the highest averages of viewer output throughout it's entire run and before FMA and Bleach came along had the highest average ratings on Saturdays. Whether or not adult swim deems it profitable after four years is debatable since alot of it's fanbase has seemingly grew out of it and sales of the manga hasn't been all that stellar as of now, but who knows at this point.....
Old 2009-07-14, 01:00   Link #478
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
That would be Fullmetal Alchemist which had an estimated number of 900,000 viewers in one night alone (a feat that no other anime has done in adult swim's history). Inuyasha however had the highest averages of viewer output throughout it's entire run and before FMA and Bleach came along had the highest average ratings on Saturdays. Whether or not adult swim deems it profitable after four years is debatable since alot of it's fanbase has seemingly grew out of it and sales of the manga hasn't been all that stellar as of now, but who knows at this point.....
Exactly why I said one of the highest.

But yes Inuyasha has defenitely lost quite a bit of its popularity, but at the same time it must be garnering enough views for Adult Swim to continue showing it.
Old 2009-07-14, 01:27   Link #479
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Exactly why I said one of the highest.

But yes Inuyasha has defenitely lost quite a bit of its popularity, but at the same time it must be garnering enough views for Adult Swim to continue showing it.
At 5am on Sunday?
I don't think so, it worked better when it was on weeknights so people could catch up with it in the mornings but now it's just time filler and to answer your question the reason why adult swim continues to air it is because it's one of the few anime series they have the rights to air since they lost the majority of their licenses in 2007 and by the looks of it Code Geass only has one more year of airtime until it expires as well, they still have Bleach, FMA, Cowboy Bebop, The Big O and Inuyasha, they were planning to re-air Blood+ but bailed on the last minute and Moribito doesn't look like it'll have another run once it's over. Kim Manning (head of programming/ anime enthusiast) went to attend the Tokyo International Fair this year to get the word on some potential accusations but so far alot of people are claiming that they weren't too thrilled on what's airing in Japan right now (which I fine ridiculous given that FMA: Brotherhood was on display) but I'm guessing she hasn't heard the news of the upcoming announcement.....or if they care.....

Well it's been confirmed!
Inuyasha Kanketsu-hen to air on Japan's YTV this fall
This year's 34th issue of Shogakukan's Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine will announce next Wednesday that an Inuyasha Kanketsu-hen (Inuyasha Final Chapter) television adaptation of Rumiko Takahashi's manga has been green-lit. The anime will broadcast on Japan's YTV this fall and cover the story in volumes 36 to 56 of the manga — the final 21 compiled book volumes. The original staff and cast will reunite for the new anime adaptation.

Last edited by FruitsPunchSamurai; 2009-07-16 at 01:51.
Old 2009-07-16, 20:34   Link #480
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

^ Beat me to it lol

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen