AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-13, 21:44   Link #1
Emashu

I need some help =P

I've just finished Elfen lied and it kept me wanting more since it ended so soon.
So I really want to start a new series..

I really love animes that are the same genre as Devil may cry, death note, Elfen lied, bleach, naruto.
Pretty much alot of blood and a little romance story (Like in death note and elfen lied).

A list of what I've seen so far:

Bleach
Naruto
Elfen Lied
Devil May Cry
Full Metal Alchemist
Death note
Claymore

I tried watching Cowboy bebop and Hellsing but I got bored at the first episode :\
I must mention I tend to X out animes with a long forgein language name - They might be great it just somehow doesnt make me want to watch it.

Anyway I'd love some suggestions.. Thanks in advance =]
Old 2009-07-13, 22:09   Link #2
jedinat
フリーター

I don't understand how you could possibly get bored during the first episode of Hellsing (either of them). But anyways, you might take a shot at Black Lagoon, or maybe Blood+ (kind of ugh-ness, but hey, you think Devil May Cry is good...)
Old 2009-07-13, 22:19   Link #3
Emashu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
I don't understand how you could possibly get bored during the first episode of Hellsing (either of them). But anyways, you might take a shot at Black Lagoon, or maybe Blood+ (kind of ugh-ness, but hey, you think Devil May Cry is good...)
I got bored of Hellsing at the first episode because of the ridicilous anime work and the boring storyline (atleast at the first episode), all that happens is some ghouls attack them and then a priest tries to rape her then he comes and saves her.. didnt really keep me going.
Plus all i could find were dubbed episodes, same applies for Cowboy bebop
And I thought DMC is good because of the difference it has from animes I watch every week (Bleach, Naruto.)
Instead of being given the powers, he is already the strongest being on earth & demon world.
Old 2009-07-13, 22:24   Link #4
jedinat
フリーター

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emashu View Post
Plus all i could find were dubbed episodes, same applies for Cowboy bebop
That's your problem right there. Do yourself a favor and don't watch dubs. Ever.
It sound to me like you watched the old Hellsing (a lot more happens in 2006's first episode) . Check out the new one if that isn't doing it for you (in 2006 a remake that follows the manga more closely started... waiting on episode 6 right now).
Old 2009-07-13, 22:31   Link #5
Echoes

Quote:
all that happens is some ghouls attack them and then a priest tries to rape her then he comes and saves her.. .
How much more do you want out of one episode? Hellsing Ultimate is also much better than the TV series, and has much better animation. (I assume that's what you're complaining about when you say "ridiculous anime work"?)

I'd recommend Berserk, it's a classic of the genre and fits your criteria very well.

Maybe you'll like Gantz too. It has women and violence, but in a modern setting.

I can't honestly fathom why you'd exclude an anime because of having a "long foreign title." I mean, what do you expect, they are made in Japan after all. Not all of them are going to have short and snappy English titles.
Old 2009-07-13, 22:35   Link #6
Emashu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
That's your problem right there. Do yourself a favor and don't watch dubs. Ever.
It sound to me like you watched the old Hellsing (a lot more happens in 2006's first episode) . Check out the new one if that isn't doing it for you (in 2006 a remake that follows the manga more closely started... waiting on episode 6 right now).
Well I guess I will.. Hellsing Ultimate, right?
Anyway what's so intresting about it? From what I've read the plot is quite plain, the creepy looking guy needs to protect some queen.

By the way, someone recommended me of Code Geass, But some other guy said it's really boring, could you give me an opinion about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
How much more do you want out of one episode? Hellsing Ultimate is also much better than the TV series, and has much better animation. (I assume that's what you're complaining about when you say "ridiculous anime work"?)

I'd recommend Berserk, it's a classic of the genre and fits your criteria very well.

Maybe you'll like Gantz too. It has women and violence, but in a modern setting.

I can't honestly fathom why you'd exclude an anime because of having a "long foreign title." I mean, what do you expect, they are made in Japan after all. Not all of them are going to have short and snappy English titles.
Well first episode for a couple of animes ive seen were quite intresting and the rest of the series turned out to be extremely intresting. I guess It's just a stigma I've developed that if the first episode isn't good enough the rest of the series isn't..

About the title.. Some of the greatest animes have short english titles..
Old 2009-07-13, 22:43   Link #7
jedinat
フリーター

Quote:
Anyway what's so intresting about it? From what I've read the plot is quite plain, the creepy looking guy needs to protect some queen.
No, no, no! lol, I have no idea what you're talking about. Just watch it.
Old 2009-07-13, 23:42   Link #8
Echoes

Quote:
And many of them don't.
Old 2009-07-14, 00:32   Link #9
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Send a message via MSN to ddwkc
Quote:
By the way, someone recommended me of Code Geass, But some other guy said it's really boring, could you give me an opinion about it?
Some people say that Code Geass is Death Note with mechas and Sharingan. If you like a story full of plot twists, you will like it.

Quote:
That certain isn't true. The greatness of an anime (or any media) isn't linked with the length of the title.

You may try Yu Yu Hakushou, it's a classical shonen in the same line of Naruto. I'll recommend Higurashi no Naku Koro ni as well, as it is somewhat similar to Elfen Lied, cute with gore and dark storyline. Basilisk has action and violence. It's a ninja story on steroids.

I quite can't get why didn't you like Cowboy Bebop. I didn't too, but I still think it's one of the best made animes out there and deserve to be watched till the end. Try Samurai Champloo, maybe it will entertain you better than Cowboy Bebop.
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
Old 2009-07-14, 08:15   Link #10
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Like, say, Monster?
Old 2009-07-14, 12:30   Link #11
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Code Geass isn't boring. It might make you frustrated (especially in R2) but it isn't boring. ^^;

Some suggestions:
Mnemosyne
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Canaan: 428 the Animation
Darker than Black
Gunslinger Girl
Black Lagoon
Old 2009-07-14, 15:01   Link #12
Shadow Kira01

Try watching these!

CANAAN
Fate/Stay Night