AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Torrent Submissions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-18, 09:41   Link #1
TomTheHand

[T-N] Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Ep. 35

I'm hosting my own torrent of PGSM 35 because lately it has taken TV-Nihon a week or more to get a torrent up. I will keep this up and running until a torrent is up at bt.base0.net. I'll take it down a day or two after that. This torrent is already running strong with 22 seeds and 67 peers at the time of this writing.

(Link removed because TV-Nihon's torrent is up now)

Last edited by TomTheHand; 2004-06-22 at 14:39. Reason: Removing link
Old 2004-06-18, 15:38   Link #2
TomTheHand

It's come to my attention that TV-Nihon does not approve of this torrent. I won't argue with whatever you decide to do, but I'd like to do my best to clear the air here.

I posted a few days ago on the Fansubs forum complaining about how long it takes TV-Nihon to release files on BitTorrent after they are released on IRC. This may have been ill-advised, but I was frustrated at the experiences I had had on IRC. Last night, a friend convinced me that the best thing to do, instead of complaining, would be to make a BitTorrent myself. I was skeptical at first but I did it, and posted a link to it here in the Fansubs forum. It's been running pretty well so far, so I decided to try to list it some other places. I posted it on SuprNova, linking to their home page. I posted here, and I also posted about it to their forums. They banned me as a result.

That's basically where I stand right now. They've posted on their news page that I was abusive on their channel. I was not; I've never spoken on their channel. I've only logged on, downloaded their file to seed, and logged off. They've also posted that I complained on their forums. I have only posted there once (verify by my post count) and that was to post my torrent. The text follows, in case they delete it over there:

Quote:
I've read the rules and this doesn't seem to be against them, so...

I'm hosting my own BitTorrent of PGSM 35. I'll take it down a day or two after TV-Nihon gets theirs up. It's available here:

<Link removed due to this guy being a tool>
At the time of this writing, there are 21 seeds and 72 peers. 39 people have finished downloading since the torrent was put up late last night and posted on the AnimeSuki forums. Speeds seem to be pretty good.
I guess that's all I can say. I realize I'm just some unknown and my word might not be as good as theirs to you, but all I can do is try to tell my side.
Old 2004-06-18, 22:03   Link #3
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTheHand
It's come to my attention that TV-Nihon does not approve of this torrent. I won't argue with whatever you decide to do, but I'd like to do my best to clear the air here.

I posted a few days ago on the Fansubs forum complaining about how long it takes TV-Nihon to release files on BitTorrent after they are released on IRC. This may have been ill-advised, but I was frustrated at the experiences I had had on IRC. Last night, a friend convinced me that the best thing to do, instead of complaining, would be to make a BitTorrent myself. I was skeptical at first but I did it, and posted a link to it here in the Fansubs forum. It's been running pretty well so far, so I decided to try to list it some other places. I posted it on SuprNova, linking to their home page. I posted here, and I also posted about it to their forums. They banned me as a result.

That's basically where I stand right now. They've posted on their news page that I was abusive on their channel. I was not; I've never spoken on their channel. I've only logged on, downloaded their file to seed, and logged off. They've also posted that I complained on their forums. I have only posted there once (verify by my post count) and that was to post my torrent. The text follows, in case they delete it over there:

I guess that's all I can say. I realize I'm just some unknown and my word might not be as good as theirs to you, but all I can do is try to tell my side.

None of this really matters. We have asked you not to put up this bt, You ignored that. You make statements that it's thanks to you people can download PGSM faster. How did you download it? I will tell everyone how,you got it from the irc channel. A place you say is to slow for everyone. We have 290+ people as of yesterday that got it very fast. You did this for attention and because you want people to thank you for something that you deserve no thanks for. Because of your actions tv-nihon is considering future ways on how to release things so people such as yourself who are glory hogs can not act as you have. You contridict yourself at every turn. I ask that animesuki not list this persons torrent of our work as Jamuraa will be putting up a legit torrent as time permits for him. And I ask animesuki to delete all links tomthehand has put up linking to said torrent. Thank you.

Last edited by DekaMaster; 2004-06-18 at 22:05. Reason: Fix up
Old 2004-06-18, 22:45   Link #4
TomTheHand

I put the torrent up because I don't like IRC, many other people feel the same way, and I thought I could help those people get their PGSM fix early. It seemed to go right along with the rules of both TV-Nihon (you encourage sharing!) and AnimeSuki, so I posted it in those places. You banned me on the spot there and haven't let up over here.

Yes, I downloaded the file from IRC originally. I started the torrent, and 258 people so far have received it that way. That's way, way more than could have received it if I had simply put it on an fserve. I'm not trying to hurt you. I'm just trying to help PGSM fans. You've taken this as a matter of pride and done your best to prevent people from downloading the torrent. I've been kind of surprised at those actions. I haven't taken credit for your release in any way. I'm just sharing it in the way I think is fastest.

AnimeSuki, though it seems you don't intend to post the torrent, I'd like you to know that my actions were an attempt to help get the file to fans who wanted it, and I acted in accordance with all rules that I've seen. I didn't do it for attention or thanks; I just wanted people to click the link and download the file. This undue attention toward me began with TV-Nihon's reaction.
Old 2004-06-19, 03:31   Link #5
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTheHand
I put the torrent up because I don't like IRC, many other people feel the same way, and I thought I could help those people get their PGSM fix early. It seemed to go right along with the rules of both TV-Nihon (you encourage sharing!) and AnimeSuki, so I posted it in those places. You banned me on the spot there and haven't let up over here.

Yes, I downloaded the file from IRC originally. I started the torrent, and 258 people so far have received it that way. That's way, way more than could have received it if I had simply put it on an fserve. I'm not trying to hurt you. I'm just trying to help PGSM fans. You've taken this as a matter of pride and done your best to prevent people from downloading the torrent. I've been kind of surprised at those actions. I haven't taken credit for your release in any way. I'm just sharing it in the way I think is fastest.

AnimeSuki, though it seems you don't intend to post the torrent, I'd like you to know that my actions were an attempt to help get the file to fans who wanted it, and I acted in accordance with all rules that I've seen. I didn't do it for attention or thanks; I just wanted people to click the link and download the file. This undue attention toward me began with TV-Nihon's reaction.
1.if you don't like irc why did you come?
2.Yes and we will not let up.
3.You are not trying to help PGSM fans you are trying to get attention for yourself
4.If they are fans they can come to irc or wait for the torrent. Tell me when we haven't put an ep up on bt? You can't. You are just an impatient child.
Old 2004-06-19, 04:08   Link #6
baangaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
1.if you don't like irc why did you come?
2.Yes and we will not let up.
3.You are not trying to help PGSM fans you are trying to get attention for yourself
4.If they are fans they can come to irc or wait for the torrent. Tell me when we haven't put an ep up on bt? You can't. You are just an impatient child.
Jesus christ.
Old 2004-06-21, 15:03   Link #7
ChocoEd
Chibi no Choco

Quote:
Actually I'm still sort of waiting for the most recent four or five episodes of Machine Robo Rescue to be torrented.
Old 2004-06-21, 18:46   Link #8
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

They have a new BitTorrent site at http://tvnihon.dragoneye.ca/. They are putting all of their newest unreleased stuff there first. They've already put up a few brand new torrents there so odds are that they will release the MRR on BitTorrent soon.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-06-21, 23:11   Link #9
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
They have a new BitTorrent site at http://tvnihon.dragoneye.ca/. They are putting all of their newest unreleased stuff there first. They've already put up a few brand new torrents there so odds are that they will release the MRR on BitTorrent soon.

Yeah and our BT of PGSM35 is up. TomTheHand still will not take his down. Not supprised really.
Old 2004-06-21, 23:45   Link #10
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Actually it is down. Perhaps he took it down in the last 35 minutes or perhaps you didn't check. He replaced it with a message saying to download it from your site, KingRanger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomthehand's BitTorrent
TV-Nihon has their BitTorrent of Ep 35 up <a href=http://torrents.tvnihon.com/>here</a>, so please download from there instead :-)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-06-22, 00:40   Link #11
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Actually it is down. Perhaps he took it down in the last 35 minutes or perhaps you didn't check. He replaced it with a message saying to download it from your site, KingRanger.

He has allready stated to me via Private msg that he is leaving the file active on his tracker for all the people still downloading it. The torrent might not be there but he still has it going.
Old 2004-06-22, 00:54   Link #12
TomTheHand

That is correct. The .torrent file has been down since last night, when I found out about TV-Nihon's torrent. The tracker will continue to run until the torrent dies out.
Old 2004-06-22, 13:58   Link #13
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

Can't you find someone else to pick on? He was obviously doing this to help out fans of your work, and you jump on him like some jealous ass. You need to chill out and re-evaluate you attitude.

#MAHQ @ irc.rizon.net
Old 2004-06-22, 14:14   Link #14
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
He has allready stated to me via Private msg that he is leaving the file active on his tracker for all the people still downloading it. The torrent might not be there but he still has it going.
You really don't have a clue do you DekaMaster. You do not pull the plug on the tracker when there are active users downloading. There's no point in doing that, you let it die and when there are no more people downloading from it, then you turn it off.

TomTheHand has acted as promised, now the 'official' torrent is up, he has removed the link to the torrent he made. All he needs do now is remove the link from these forums. Once the current users have finished, he can take the tracker down then.

Due to the continual harassment and insults from DekaMaster/KingRanger, I've banned him for a week (note: also merged the two accounts DekaMaster + KingRanger)

If you want to discuss matters with TomTheHand, I suggest you unban him from your forums and IRC channels and take you whining and whinging back to where it belongs, on your own site. It's a bit of a cheek to ban him from your sites and then come here and start insulting him and complaining to all and sundry.
Old 2004-06-23, 04:21   Link #15
Cyberdramon

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Bomb
Can't you find someone else to pick on? He was obviously doing this to help out fans of your work, and you jump on him like some jealous ass. You need to chill out and re-evaluate you attitude.
... try getting the whole story before jumping people too. "jealous ass" indeed...
Old 2004-06-29, 12:11   Link #16
Shaggy

The dragon eye site tracker is still down...anyone know anywhere else to get this?
Other than off Shareaza?
Old 2004-07-01, 11:40   Link #17
Shaggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy
The dragon eye site tracker is still down...anyone know anywhere else to get this?
Other than off Shareaza?
Er...tracker is still down?

Know one at all knows where to get 35?
Old 2004-07-01, 16:23   Link #18
Gaohunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy
Er...tracker is still down?

Know one at all knows where to get 35?
The tracker is NOT down. Make sure you have the proper torrent from the proper page, leave it open a few minutes and see if it starts downloading. Your connection may have firewall/port issues. Literally hundreds of others are using the tracker at the moment...
Old 2004-07-01, 19:41   Link #19
Shaggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaohunter
The tracker is NOT down. Make sure you have the proper torrent from the proper page, leave it open a few minutes and see if it starts downloading. Your connection may have firewall/port issues. Literally hundreds of others are using the tracker at the moment...
Well I've downloaded other torrents in the last few days and this is the only one that after 6 seconds of trying gives me the "problem connecting to tracker HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable"

I'm not behind a firewall...and I'm not a n00b...
The tracker is either down or not set up right.

The tracker is reporting 39S/175L thats not really that many.

I'll leave it on for a while and see if anything happens.But its done this everytime I've tried for the last 3 days.
Closed Thread