AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 54 14.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 5.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 5.97%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 6.49%
6 out of 10 : Average 27 7.01%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 16 4.16%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 2.60%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 7 1.82%
1 out of 10 : Painful 195 50.65%
Voters: 385. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-07-15, 08:39   Link #1021
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where dimensions collide...
Age: 26
After 15,513 cycles, I can say that we're approaching Rika Furude levels of irritated.


The bigger issue here is that I don't believe they WANT to break the loop. The cycle is two weeks, and they draw their conclusions only two days into the loop. They have 12 days to fix this, and THEY DO NOTHING:

1. Yuki wishes to only observe.
2. Mikuru would LIKE to communicate with the future, but otherwise doesn't mind.
3. Koizumi doesn't feel like taking matters into his own hands.
4. Kyon doesn't know how to fix the problem, so he never attempts to fix the problem.


Of course, the main reason why the loop is never broken is because their is no incentive to break the loop. The entire cycle has been a train of pleasurable activities, and since no one with memory dislikes the events within the cycle, there is no reason to break the cycle. What's troubling is that Kyon becomes trapped by this mentality: if there is no consequence, there is no point.

Unless this becomes an issue of the single time frame breaking down (i.e. copy of a copy of a copy), I see no practical reason for them to break the loop.



On a side note, Kyoani has some great ways to snapping you to attention in this episode, such as Kyon calling out to Yuki and Kyon trying to call out to Haruhi. I find this episode's variation of these two events to be the best looking version yet.
__________________
I'm not afraid of tomorrowI'm only scared of myself
Dante of the Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 09:01   Link #1022
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 30
Quote:

And okay sure these episodes still are animated well and feature new footage each time, but from a character progression standpoint it's a miserable failure. It's wasteful
Well yeah, that's what I mentioned in my previous post.

Anyway around the second iteration I also thought why aren't they showing the rest of the summer events? Why aren't they showing how this events reflects on the characters differently iteration after iteration? Why are the only things changing the eerie music when Kyon thinks of Yuki, when Kyon has his dejavu high moments and when Haruhi goes off? Insert here a reference about my previous post about setting the environment, and combine it with this:

If we ge something new, we wouldn't be complaining as much as we are complaining right now, and much of the point would be lost. The same, and the same, and the same, and the same is being shown again and again to emphasize the feeling of despair in the viewer and the overall mood of this arc, which would be otherwise be diminished if we could say "oh, but this time around we got to see the fishing event so all is ok". Again, it falls flat for most people but for me I almost want to stand up and clap like crazy. Then again I have odd tastes, so I understand I'm not a good reference point.

Last edited by Proto; 2009-07-15 at 09:20.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 09:25   Link #1023
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokuseimaru View Post
for the greater good of all humankind
I'm pretty sure it's still a TV show.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 09:31   Link #1024
Arrnea
Stormbringer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
http://wakarimasenlol.com/2009/07/14...time-soon/2961

My Response:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUU
That is all...
__________________
Arrnea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 09:35   Link #1025
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 30
Quote:
(Who is relatively unconcerned about ever fixing the loop in the first place and thus already makes it impossible to feel like she does unless you want to just observe Haruhi and Kyon over and over and over again).
Geez, ever heard of the concepts of Id, ego and superego? Or the do, and the must do, so that people don't get enraged because of me using Freud as an authoritative figure We all know that Yuki 'must' observe Haruhi as per her directives from her boss with the large name. However, whether that's what she actually wants to do or not is another matter altogether. I *think* this arc is a good study into that, you don't really have to have a 1st person perspective in order to have empathy.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 09:37   Link #1026
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrnea View Post
http://wakarimasenlol.com/2009/07/14...time-soon/2961

My Response:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUU
That is all...
Let's hope Hirano Aya was paid to say that....but even i'm not sure anymore
__________________
risingstar3110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 09:42   Link #1027
Dakota
disregard that (″į-į)ﺩ-
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: mountains
Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrnea View Post
http://wakarimasenlol.com/2009/07/14...time-soon/2961

My Response:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUU
That is all...
Ok, this article is three sentences.

Just because they just finished E8, doesn't mean there are not episodes that were produced from the past three years.
__________________
Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 09:46   Link #1028
typhonsentra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
We dealt with this a few pages back, 4 weeks is a high estimate. It could end next week and I actually expect it too, 6 episodes is the longest they'd expand this story as they still have to get through Sighs and only 9 more new episodes left this season.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 09:47   Link #1029
Dakota
disregard that (″į-į)ﺩ-
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: mountains
Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
We dealt with this a few pages back, 4 weeks is a high estimate. It could end next week and I actually expect it too, 6 episodes is the longest they'd expand this story as they still have to get through Sighs.
I thought so, I had a feeling of deja vu.


Wait a minute, OH SHI-
__________________
Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 09:58   Link #1030
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrnea View Post
http://wakarimasenlol.com/2009/07/14...time-soon/2961

My Response:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUU
That is all...
See it for the bright side. That means the endless eight with end someday.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 10:02   Link #1031
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
is this refuge in audacity
or is this going beyond that, into complete dickery

i do have to admit though
if they only repeated the ep twice
it would have just felt like a waste and nothing more

this way, its the most talked about anime once again
too bad its for the wrong reasons
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 10:14   Link #1032
Jintor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Land Down Under
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
After 15,513 cycles, I can say that we're approaching Rika Furude levels of irritated.


The bigger issue here is that I don't believe they WANT to break the loop. The cycle is two weeks, and they draw their conclusions only two days into the loop. They have 12 days to fix this, and THEY DO NOTHING:

1. Yuki wishes to only observe.
2. Mikuru would LIKE to communicate with the future, but otherwise doesn't mind.
3. Koizumi doesn't feel like taking matters into his own hands.
4. Kyon doesn't know how to fix the problem, so he never attempts to fix the problem.
1. I think it's more a case of that Yuki can't interfere. She's allowed a certain degree of a autonomy (and if the past few episodes haven't convinced you that she's bored, then I don't know what will), but she's an alien-human interface, programmable and programmed, and she cannot interfere.

2. Mikuru's born in the future (or so she says), so if she can't contact the future because there isn't any future then what does that mean for Mikuru? At this point in (Mikuru's) time she's also kind of a weak character, so...

3. As always, Koizumi remains a mystery.

4. You're dead on, especially with the "What's troubling is that Kyon becomes trapped by this mentality: if there is no consequence, there is no point" thing.

I disagree with the 'train of pleasurable memories' thing, primarily in regards to Yuki.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 10:19   Link #1033
OkamiNoKaze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
I think though that if Kyon asked Yuki, to tell him about the loop sooner, next time. she would do it.
__________________
OkamiNoKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 10:23   Link #1034
Jintor
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Land Down Under
Age: 23
That's true. So either in however many loops he's never asked Yuki to tell him (I sincerely doubt this), or Yuki explicitly chooses not to tell him. Or possibly she's told him, but it didn't help.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 11:05   Link #1035
Jill-JÍnn
Music-mad Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Marseille, France
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrnea View Post
http://wakarimasenlol.com/2009/07/14...time-soon/2961

My Response:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUU
That is all...
Hey, I posted it yesterday on page 49 —___—...
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...04#post2514604
Jill-JÍnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 11:06   Link #1036
DumbBrunette
She With Big Mouth
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Universe
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Ok, this article is three sentences.

Just because they just finished E8, doesn't mean there are not episodes that were produced from the past three years.
And Voice Newtype is a magazine, right? So wouldn't that mean the interview could have been done a month ago, and thus isn't able to serve as a proper means for judging how long E8 will be?
DumbBrunette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 11:23   Link #1037
SealkidHaruhiism
Haruhi Suzumiya rules!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbBrunette View Post
And Voice Newtype is a magazine, right? So wouldn't that mean the interview could have been done a month ago, and thus isn't able to serve as a proper means for judging how long E8 will be?
If that's true then, E8 will end tomorrow.
__________________
SealkidHaruhiism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 11:23   Link #1038
Sute443
Sasaki-ist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
See it for the bright side. That means the endless eight with end someday.
While it must end someday, the fact that they have finished recording doesn't mean it will end in the next few weeks. They could mix the different recordings together to make what seem like new recordings. I don't think they'll actually do that, but they could.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 11:25   Link #1039
Dakota
disregard that (″į-į)ﺩ-
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: mountains
Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by SealkidHaruhiism View Post
If that's true then, E8 will end tomorrow.
That's being a little idealistic, but in the realm of possibility.
__________________
Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 11:50   Link #1040
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Oh lol, I was actually trolling with that article. Yes, the interview could have been done a long time ago, an I suspect it does, as they also did a photshoot that includes minorin. Considering that Minorin was here (in Malaysia) for the last week performing a concert, the least they could have done that was 2 weeks ago. But then again, we shall have to wait and see.
__________________

Tsundere Asuka is a Turn On. No one can deny that faggots!
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.