AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 38 20.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 33.70%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 41 22.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 23 12.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 4.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 3.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.55%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-17, 22:49   Link #161
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Though, to be fair, I'm really digging Battler as the protagonist--much more than I ever liked Keiichi
His moments around this time in the visual novel were also a good indication of if you enjoyed him as a protagonist. Battler is probably my favorite character for the character traits he shows here. I think I might have cheered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
The dishwasher is broken, tho (and so is the oven).
I think it's horrible how I find that incredibly funny. PEOPLE ARE NOT OBJECTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
I can't really think of anyways to make the anime better without spending more money/time on the chapters. For teh guy asking what should he do I think watching the aniem first, then reading the novel afterwards works better.
Maybe even the manga before the anime, the manga lays things out similarly anyway (infact, alot of the anime's angle look very close to the manga's)

One crazy B****
Old 2009-07-18, 00:54   Link #162
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
Kinzo under the table was lol.
He was actually under his bed. Which makes it even better.
Old 2009-07-18, 00:54   Link #163
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I enjoyed this episode quite a bit.

Battler's Great Detective Chessmastering was pretty sweet, and Eva's reactions to what he said were priceless.

Also sad about Eva. Not happy that she's gone either; I loved her voice and how much of a horrible bitch she was.

Very pleased to see that the proverbial acorn has not fallen far from the oak--Ax Crazy loli Maria got some good screen time, but came along with the unfortunate presence of Studio DEEN's typically Off-Model artwork. The facial expressions were quite frankly ridiculous in Higurashi--they aren't any better (and might be considered worse) in Umineko.

Maria's rapidly shaping up to be my favorite character, which if you know me, you could have seen this coming a mile away. I certainly do love the psycho lolis, DEEN's Off Model tendencies notwithstanding.
I like Maria and Eva too, but mainly because up to now, they acted too evil to be actually bad. Maria's "split personality" is scary still. One minute she is all Nipahhh Uuuuuu and the next moment she turned her L4 mode on....

Quote:
Eagerly awaiting more--I'm following this series more arduously than any of the others now--especially since Haruhi has wound up so maddening with Endless Eights, and Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo #26 remains unsubbed.

Well, I'm pretty fixated on Canaan as well.
A bit out of topic , but now i am in such mode that i don't mind more E8; btw Sora Kake 26 was subbed like 2 weeks ago...
Old 2009-07-18, 02:38   Link #164
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Maria is the moe and the anti-moe, depending on how Ax Crazy she feels at the time. ^^;
Old 2009-07-18, 08:02   Link #165
Yushi

All I can say is...Maria is creepy ._. How come nobody feels it's strange when the kid suddenly acts like she's possessed. I mean, one minute she's all :3 and then suddenly she's all like MWHAHAHA YOU'RE ALL GONNA DIE MWHAHAHAHA.
*doesn't like Maria*
*Doesn't like creepy kids*
And man, people are dropping like flies in this series O_O 3rd episode and already a whole bunch of people have been killed.
Old 2009-07-18, 09:13   Link #166
Ttak

Maria's facial expression on this episode was nearly the same as in the manga (see chapter 9). And I really liked it, specially with Yui Horie's voice acting.
Old 2009-07-18, 15:36   Link #167
Demoned Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushi View Post
All I can say is...Maria is creepy ._. How come nobody feels it's strange when the kid suddenly acts like she's possessed. I mean, one minute she's all :3 and then suddenly she's all like MWHAHAHA YOU'RE ALL GONNA DIE MWHAHAHAHA.
Yeah I thought this was weird, too. Do they adults act that way in the manga?
Old 2009-07-18, 16:03   Link #168
Yami Sonozaki
Shion's follower xD

Send a message via MSN to Yami Sonozaki Send a message via Yahoo to Yami Sonozaki
I found it funny how Maria didn't give a damn about her mother being dead, or her uncles and aunts.
I guess those slaps had some effect on her.
Old 2009-07-18, 16:05   Link #169
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami Sonozaki View Post
I found it funny how Maria didn't give a damn about her mother being dead, or her uncles and aunts.
I guess those slaps had some effect on her.
Even an abused child would show SOME emotion to such news, the fact that Maria has literally no reaction what so ever to this news just makes her seem a little creepy to me.

Old 2009-07-18, 16:06   Link #170
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoned Away View Post
Yeah I thought this was weird, too. Do they adults act that way in the manga?
The adults did find it a little weird sometimes, but overall they ignored her.

Sig by nocco
Old 2009-07-18, 16:07   Link #171
Yami Sonozaki
Shion's follower xD

Send a message via MSN to Yami Sonozaki Send a message via Yahoo to Yami Sonozaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Even an abused child would show SOME emotion to such news, the fact that Maria has literally no reaction what so ever to this news just makes her seem a little creepy to me.
Well if you look closely she doesn't show any emotion at all.
The doctor is like: Hey Maria, your mother and your uncles/aunts are all dead.
And she is like: Cool. But I don't care.

She is beyond creepy. Even a creepy person would care.
Old 2009-07-18, 16:15   Link #172
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

She's actually happy, look at when they find the blood in the dining room, she grins.

What I find more disturbing is Eva. In the case of Maria I know why she's happy, you should get it by now. But in the case of Eva the way she takes advantage to the situation to still prosecuting her feud against Natsuhi is really incredible. Her bothers are all dead, an assassin is lurking around and she doesn't seem bothered at all, she isn't really saddened.

Old 2009-07-18, 16:17   Link #173
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami Sonozaki View Post
Well if you look closely she doesn't show any emotion at all.
The doctor is like: Hey Maria, your mother and your uncles/aunts are all dead.
And she is like: Cool. But I don't care.

She is beyond creepy. Even a creepy person would care.
She probably already knew they were all going to die, so there's no surprise on her part when she was told what she already knew.
Old 2009-07-18, 16:23   Link #174
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Maria: "yay blood!"

Now my opinion about the episode, it was alright I guess. The whole high about seeing Umineko animated fainted. I liked a few things. Eva is the awesome and the voice acting is superb with one exception..I just can't stand Kanon's voice. It makes me shudder. Oh and Jessica's almost fainting o.O ..... I imagined her reaction rather different. I liked how they portrayed Battler but I think his "coolness" when he enters the kitchen is a bit too "cool". Maybe my take on Battler is just off.
I liked the Natsuhi kills Kinzo scene and the Kinzo leaving his study scene. They just looked kinda funny but cool the same time. Also the nice mackerel they were eating. Yummy^^
I'm a bit let done because the lack of angry jessica and her asthma fit but well~ I hope they just don't cut my favorite pairing...

jessicaxinhalator is the awesome
Old 2009-07-18, 16:25   Link #175
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

In the anime Jessica doesn't have asthma but she's prone to fainting instead. d

Old 2009-07-18, 16:27   Link #176
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Let's hope she won't spent the rest of the series unconcious
Old 2009-07-18, 16:27   Link #177
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
I liked how they portrayed Battler but I think his "coolness" when he enters the kitchen is a bit too "cool". Maybe my take on Battler is just off.
YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH COOL BATTLER >:C!!!

I don't think the hype has died. I'm still glad Umineko is animated and I love watching it, despite some cuts~ The fact that the anime has garnered people even before the anime began is a huge plus and I love watching the new kids getting mindscrewed !

Sig by nocco
Old 2009-07-18, 16:33   Link #178
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Well, I think to much coolness is uncool. For me Battler always had a natural self-confidence and was sure of him self what made him "cool". You know the big cool brother type.
Old 2009-07-18, 16:36   Link #179
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

But I must agree with Marion. I found that scene incredibly cool. I loved it. It wasn't overboard imho.

Old 2009-07-18, 16:38   Link #180
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
She's actually happy, look at when they find the blood in the dining room, she grins.
Well, she's probably grinning at what the others are saying at the time, instead of the scene in front of her.

@Kitsu
Don't forget that this is still Episode 1. The series hasn't really started yet...

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Closed Thread