AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-20, 15:30   Link #61
Shamdu

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Btw - What do you think is going to happen with Sloth...I mean it is a widely known speculation that Sloth is in fact the "mother" of Ed and Al. Since lust is able to recall some event in her past life you think Sloth can do the same?
Sloth probably remembers her past life, even if it seems Lust has somewhat forgotten it. Why? Because it adds to the dramatic effect of course! The scene where the Elric brothers find out about Sloth just has to be really, really dramatic. I mean, it suits this show to have a dramatic scene like this. XD
Old 2004-06-20, 15:43   Link #62
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

Ahhh, that was a good episode to me. Not great, though (Since I hovered over the original topic and it showed the spoiler of the village dying >_<) but despite the emotional dampening it wasn't too bad. I loved Gluttony in it! Gnawing on the table, saying he's scared of Envy, pressing against windows, how can you not like that delightful doughball! And being told he should go on a diet... Haha.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-21, 03:48   Link #63
Spooky-Electric

The only thing this episode did was make me hate Lust more than I did prior to watching the episode.
Old 2004-06-22, 08:43   Link #64
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zauren
Ahhh, that was a good episode to me. Not great, though (Since I hovered over the original topic and it showed the spoiler of the village dying >_<) but despite the emotional dampening it wasn't too bad. I loved Gluttony in it! Gnawing on the table, saying he's scared of Envy, pressing against windows, how can you not like that delightful doughball! And being told he should go on a diet... Haha.

Spoiler:
The Gluttony scenes were most definitely awesome! Soooo funny!

Again, Zauren is right on with all his speculations, in my opinion. I'm also wondering: perhaps homunculus don't have any memories of their past lives, but their soul or something could see the transmutation process? I'm not sure whether Lust was dead or alive in those flashbacks with Scar's brother, but if she was dead, then that would also (sort of) explain the lump of meat, as Zauren so nicely put it. So perhaps the homunculus can only see their old dead selves? Who knows.

I do think Lust is the next to go, because they're heading to Ishbal, where I think they'll find Lust's bones somehow. And then you guys know what would happen.
Old 2004-06-27, 15:53   Link #65
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

Well, the whole things with the Homunculus is that they have no souls, so I doubt it's that. Lust was apparently remembering the last few moments of her life, with Scar's brother at her side, praying to God to save her and that he will never leave her side. She was obviously very sick in it, and probably died only moments later. It seems he was taught either by a Sin himself, or the Ishbal remnants (Scar's brother that is), but was obviously very adept at it.

It seems that a Sin's past is not always completely unknown, in that case. If that man was so similar to Scar's brother it triggered flashbacks to her 'death', then it's likely Sloth would have the same thing and see the Elrics, which could be very interesting if done right. And Lust was observing the dying lump of her artificially created body. Two things could of happened in further retrospect. Lust could of come out of the body, or she could of come through a portal. One way or another it seems that a Sin is born fully clothed and fully formed, up to the time of death (With Wrath being another exception.) It's possible that flashback could of been a bit of time afterwards (Up to 20 minutes I'd say), but I'm still fairly sure it was immediately after her creation given the artificial body wouldn't still be alive or undisposed of otherwise.
Old 2004-06-28, 21:34   Link #66
avmoghe

This episode had me rolling on the floor laughing!! Seeing gluttony's actions with his eager child-like face is the funniest thing I've seen in any anime...

Just look at him chewing on the table.... eagerly jumping up and down at a prospective meal.... being told to go on a diet... whining to Lust with a 'mommy I'm hungry look"....looking out the window of the carriage like an innocent kid with a smile....

This episode was priceless!!! hahahahaa

ahem.. the more serious parts were quite heartbreaking... Another attempt by the Homunculus to get their precious stone....*sigh* a grrreeeeeeat episode.
Old 2004-06-29, 11:13   Link #67
er2125

Question ???

What I don't understand is... why did the ressurected bird look around before falling of the tree branch and die?
Old 2004-06-29, 13:18   Link #68
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

Because the bird was not truly healed or resurrected. The Proto-Stone could only suspend death, and it died again when it wore off. This explains the reoccurance of the Fossil disease later on (The stone did not truly cure it), the fact the Fossil disease fatally re-manifested when the stone broke all at once (It only suspended it, did not heal it), and fit the entire attempt by Envy to incite him to find the real Philosopher's Stone (The protostone was only a temporary measure and he would need the real one to permanently save his village).
Old 2004-06-30, 05:01   Link #69
er2125

Wink

Ah...i see...

One more thing... did anyone notice something odd at 18 min 50 sec?
Lust is with Gluttony, moving away... and suddenly another carriage came, with Lujon and Lust inside. Could it be Envy?
Old 2004-06-30, 11:32   Link #70
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

That was a scene transition. The first one with Gluttony was Lust in the past. The second one was Lust and Lujon in the present. =)
Old 2004-07-03, 17:42   Link #71
Mcdonalds

Well, for all the people who thought this was crappy, i for one really enjoyed it. It showed us first that the sins are evil and that they have tried to make others find the stone. Also gave us an insight into lust and built up her character.

Now, as for people suggesting it was filler, knowing the script writers of FMA who have been brilliant at making twists in the series

Theory of sins wanting real stone + importance of this ep

1. this ep shows us that the fake philosophers stones only temporarily prolong life and that over time it becomes weaker (hence lejon wanted another one). In ep 34, greed dies because he 'vomits' all the fake philosophers stones out of him, thus this suggests that the stones are the cause of his existence and without them he will die. With the REAL philosophers stone, they can acquire their immortality and thus the important of this episode is so that we know that the sins will probably eventually die if they do not have the real philosophers stone.
Closed Thread