AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-07-04, 12:26   Link #1
Shurato

Send a message via ICQ to Shurato Send a message via AIM to Shurato Send a message via MSN to Shurato Send a message via Yahoo to Shurato
Angry Akazukin Cha Cha 1-74

I've been more than willing to reseed this for over a week now, but problem after problem pops up.

1st, I kept getting rejected by tracker using both BT 3.4.2 and ABC.

Now, the torrent link doesn't even work. Can anyone help with this?

Shurato/Marty

(I do have a direct download site, but I don't need that getting saturated)
Shurato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 14:34   Link #2
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurato
I've been more than willing to reseed this for over a week now, but problem after problem pops up.

1st, I kept getting rejected by tracker using both BT 3.4.2 and ABC.

Now, the torrent link doesn't even work. Can anyone help with this?

Shurato/Marty

(I do have a direct download site, but I don't need that getting saturated)
Yup, the link does not work for me as well. If you really want to reseed this series, why don't you release your own torrent then? It's fairly easy to do with *tatatata* Azureus. Plus, you can use Azureus as a tracker, too!
My Azureus Guide

How to create a torrent with Azureus:

Method 1:Using Azureus as a tracker

1. Find out your external IP.
2. In Configuration:Tracker, Tracker external IP address type in that IP.
3. File-->Create a Torrent
4. Check Use Azureus Embedded Tracker and check Directory and type in "_Sin_ is the greatest" in Comment (actually, that's optional )
5. Click Next Point Azureus to the Folder containing the files. Wait and click Finish
6. Upload the torrent to your web space
7. Create a thread containing the torrent link in the Torrent Submission Sub Forums

Advantages: Fast because you don't have to ask someone to host the file and to provide the tracker.
Disadvantages: If you don't have a static IP and you disconnect from the Internet you might get a different IP and the people in the swarm won't find you. I heard you can circumvent that by creating an account at www.dyndns.org. You'll also need a program that will update the address whenever you get another IP.

Method2:Using an external Tracker
(Copy and Paste is my friend ^_^)
1. File-->Create a Torrent
2. Check Use an external Tracker + type in the Announce URL* and check Directory and type in "_Sin_ is the greatest" in Comment (actually, that's optional )
5. Click Next Point Azureus to the Folder containing the files. Wait and click Finish
6. Upload the torrent to your web space*
7. Create a thread containing the torrent link in the Torrent Submission Sub Forums

*You may want to ask mxs, the admin of http://a.scarywater.net/ to host the file and provide the tracker for you. His eMail is: mxs2099NOSPAMgmx.net (Replace NOSPAM with @)

Advantages: You don't have to care about disconnecting and getting a new IP because the .torrent file points to a static IP.
Disadvantages: Slower than creating an Azureus embedded tracker

Conclusion1: Get Azureus anyway, it's awesome
Conclusion2: Azureus > BitTornado You may ask what that has to do with this thread, but just wait until NoSanninWa sees this ^_^

Sidenote: I really would like to watch a few episodes of this series, so when/if you create your own .torrent, could you make a small batch of containing episode 1-5 to give people downloading it a chance to decide if this series is worth following or not? I know that I can configure Azures to download only episodes 1-5 from a bigger batch, but not everyone uses Azureus (I know, it's unbelievable but you'll have to consider unteachable people who haven't discovered the greatness of Azureus yet - like NoSanninWa and the other 3-4 people on these Forums )

*Sigh* Way too long for a post
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.

Last edited by _Sin_; 2004-07-04 at 14:49. Reason: I had to embed some Azureus propaganda in this post ^_^
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote