AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-07-21, 17:30   Link #41
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inside your heart...
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
I dunno guys, Luffy simply beating smoker would not be the same level of epic as it would if he were to take on one of the shichibukai, And one possibility we havent taked about is Don Flamingo. Though fighting him would indeed be a problem.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 17:52   Link #42
SMASHERJACKSON
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetic_justice View Post
I dunno guys, Luffy simply beating smoker would not be the same level of epic as it would if he were to take on one of the shichibukai, And one possibility we havent taked about is Don Flamingo. Though fighting him would indeed be a problem.
i agree, fighting smoker or aoikiji now would be too abrupt as well as a shicunbukai - he needs to defeat those he has a reason to have a grudge against first, Kuma could count as one of these people but apparently they will not meet again - i wonder what kuma means by this, perhaps he forsees his own death in the war? but fighting for which side i wonder.
SMASHERJACKSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 18:05   Link #43
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the Sky with the Birds
Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
I think one or two of you were bashing Luffy a little too low under the belt: while I do not think he should beat anyone other than, say, one or two extremely distinguished Vice Admirals, I would also love, since this IS Luffy's style, for him to at least rush at the three Admirals at once, and land a hit on say, Akainu while saying something awesome, and streaming out smoke from Gear Two.

Or just crushing the whole execution stake with a Gear Three attack as a symbolic manifestation of his anger, (similar to the burning of Impel Down's flag), and hitting Sengoku a square one as well.

Not saying he should beat him, but Luffy's presence at Mariejois warrants a bit of rep.
Yeah I agree. Being as though he isn't strong enough to beat any of the Top Players there. Something like that would definitely give him kudos.


Quote:
Originally Posted by poetic_justice View Post
I dunno guys, Luffy simply beating smoker would not be the same level of epic as it would if he were to take on one of the shichibukai, And one possibility we havent taked about is Don Flamingo. Though fighting him would indeed be a problem.
Yeah I agree.
But Luffy wouldn't be able to beat Smoker because Smoker is a Logia-user and Luffy hasn't mastered Haki yet.
When Smoker rises in Rank and Strength then it would make the fight more epic and exciting. That's all really because last time I checked Smoker is a pretty popular character in One Piece. To be honest, in my opinion, with all these awesome and strong characters present right now, Luffy is pretty insignificant really. And any fight that he is wouldn't be exciting at all compared to the others we're going to see. I don't see Luffy fighting Sentoumaru anymore exciting them him fighting Smoker right now. But him against Sentoumaru would be the most likely fight because he isn't strong enough to beat anybody else
__________________



'̿ ̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ '̿
Weed, there is nothing wrong with it.. Seriously what's so bad about it? Smoking weed and eating out your fridge and laughing at the simple things? Or getting in fights and causing injury and accidents. Beer is the destruction of this nation, Herb is the healer! Don't listen, make your own choices!
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 18:46   Link #44
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
I don't really see Smoker and Luffy going at in any epic or real state, maybe a small scuffle just like always but nothing conclusive towards their rivalry.
Its I'm guessing something akin to Garp and Roger, they always have these little fights but nothing to conclude any real outcome.
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 19:10   Link #45
SMASHERJACKSON
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I don't really see Smoker and Luffy going at in any epic or real state, maybe a small scuffle just like always but nothing conclusive towards their rivalry.
Its I'm guessing something akin to Garp and Roger, they always have these little fights but nothing to conclude any real outcome.
i think garp was a mix of coby/smoker to rogers luffy, though it remains to be seen if coby himself will begin persuing the crew or not - tho he may do it just to provide cover for the sh crew as i suspect garp did for roger.
SMASHERJACKSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 19:21   Link #46
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inside your heart...
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
Yeah I agree. Being as though he isn't strong enough to beat any of the Top Players there. Something like that would definitely give him kudos.




Yeah I agree.
But Luffy wouldn't be able to beat Smoker because Smoker is a Logia-user and Luffy hasn't mastered Haki yet.
When Smoker rises in Rank and Strength then it would make the fight more epic and exciting. That's all really because last time I checked Smoker is a pretty popular character in One Piece. To be honest, in my opinion, with all these awesome and strong characters present right now, Luffy is pretty insignificant really. And any fight that he is wouldn't be exciting at all compared to the others we're going to see. I don't see Luffy fighting Sentoumaru anymore exciting them him fighting Smoker right now. But him against Sentoumaru would be the most likely fight because he isn't strong enough to beat anybody else
Luffy is going to be able to use haki properly by his next fight, He was using it against blackbeard and in all likelihood its going to happen now.

It was the same with second/third gear. There are no training arcs in one piece.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 20:28   Link #47
noktown
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetic_justice View Post
Luffy is going to be able to use haki properly by his next fight, He was using it against blackbeard and in all likelihood its going to happen now.

It was the same with second/third gear. There are no training arcs in one piece.
He didn't use Haki on Blackbeared,When he is angry he unleashes his haki unknowingly.

There are no training arcs,but he can't use something he doesn't even know of.
Everyone was surprised by his Haki,but noone really explained anything to him.

And i think there should be more explanation about it even for us,because i assume a lot of the future battles will be based on Haki,since it's the key to fighting Logia types.(or w/e it's called,the type of smoker and such).
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 20:38   Link #48
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In a class of my own.
And guys, it's okay if Luffy doesn't get the Haki thing right in this arc. I actually don't expect him to make any progress there until probably the end of the next arc, or later even.

If you think about it it just makes perfect sense. Haki is going to be a big determinant thing in the upcoming fights for the New World Saga. If we get to feel all the awe and excitement from seeing Luffy's first tryouts now, then what will the fights in the new world be like? Static. Stale. Boring. No real combat development for the crew's captain.

Wait it out. Haki isn't for now. That's going to be a big card later on.
__________________
Rev. Niemöller, on Nazi Germany:

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Last edited by xris; 2009-07-22 at 02:17. Reason: Please ignore the pointless posts
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 20:39   Link #49
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^This could be Blackbeard D. Kuma's fated/desired Moria v. Luffy Part II: The Reckoning.
With the way things are going right now (Shichibukai vs. 5-6 New World Captains), Moria may be too preoccupied to settle the score with Luffy. They may not even see each other in the midst of such a tumultuous setting.

Though this is a little sad to say, but if any warlord is to fall in this war, it is most likely going to be Moria, I feel. Moria already had a whole arc dedicated to himself, which allowed for a thorough exploration of his character. The other warlords have yet to receive this level of development and really haven't had their chances to shine.

- Mihawk's is the best/strongest swordsmen in the world. No one is beating him any time soon, for his defeat is reserved only for Zoro.

- Kuma has yet to show the full extent of his powers/abilities and we still have to learn about what his ulterior motives are. Lots of mystery that is yet to be unveiled concerning him.

- Doflamingo has been built up to be a major antagonist for the future story to come. His ideologies (completely opposing dreams) and "new era" he keeps preaching on about (a world where only the strong survive) certainly deem him worthy of grand importance.

- Hancock is fighting for the protection of her amazonian people and she possesses the King's Haki. Those factors alone ensure pretty high chances of success for her in this war. Furthermore, she has strong ties to Luffy. Having strong ties to the main character is always reassuring for success/relevance.

In the cases of the latter two (Doflamingo and Hancock), this war is going to be their fighting debut. Oda will certainly want to give us a good impression of them by not having them lose, I would think. That being said, they're guaranteed to kick some ass in this war .

Moria already had his turn to shine just like Crocodile. So in the interest of fairness, he should be the warlord to fall since Oda has yet to delve into the other ones. If Moria does lose, I just hope that Oda doesn't make him job miserably. That would be really demeaning to both Moria and the title of warlord.

I'm personally hoping that Moria emerges victorious in this war and continues to expand on his zombie army after this skirmish is over. Losing everything (his mortal crewmates) didn't stop him from trying to becoming the next pirate king. On the contrary, that defeat actually made him stronger and tactically smarter by using twisted logic to have an undead army that could never be vanquished by conventional means do his dirty work. With that being said, it's not a stretch at all to suggest that he also learned something from his mistakes against Luffy, and that he will continue to grow stronger and vie for the title of pirate king in the near future.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 21:29   Link #50
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inside your heart...
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Its been too long since luffy's had an actual fight with a comparable foe of his power and come out successful.

He got owned by Sentomaru, and couldn't do anything against Kuma. He was then proceeded to be beaten up by magellan and proceeded to run away shameless

If luffy's not going to have a decent fight now infront of all these mighty foes ill be pissed.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 21:44   Link #51
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
The way I see it Luffy better be battling Kuma for what he did. If I were to help Luffy, I'd go Hulk and dark-side Anikin Skywalker on Kuma. After what Kuma did, I want to (dare I say it) kick his ass with my four horsemen of wrath: War, Savagery, Vengence, and Rage.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 21:52   Link #52
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
The way I see it Luffy better be battling Kuma for what he did. If I were to help Luffy, I'd go Hulk and dark-side Anikin Skywalker on Kuma. After what Kuma did, I want to (dare I say it) kick his ass with my four horsemen of wrath: War, Savagery, Vengence, and Rage.
Sorry, but Luffy is so inferior to Kuma it's not even funny. If he fights someone, his opponent certainly won't be on the caliber of Kuma. Like other people have speculated, perhaps he'll fight against Sentoumaru or a Vice Admiral. And becoming a mindless brute is to no avail against Kuma. Monster Chopper was easily disposed of with a simple touch of Kuma's hand. Those who attack Kuma recklessly will suffer the consequences.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 21:59   Link #53
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
^Not to play too much of a devil's advocate, but if Moria thought that he could fight Kuma, then whatever Kuma's weakness is must be something that can level the playing field considerably (then again, maybe he was simply confident that his shadow powers could not be "reflected").

That being said, I don't really see Luffy as having any real beef with Kuma. True, for a minute or so he thought Kuma had killed his crew, but that rage was almost instantly lost upon realizing that he (and by assumption his crew) wasn't hurt by Kuma.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 22:08   Link #54
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Not to play too much of a devil's advocate, but if Moria thought that he could fight Kuma, then whatever Kuma's weakness is must be something that can level the playing field considerably (then again, maybe he was simply confident that his shadow powers could not be "reflected").
And this is why I feel Moria should not be underestimated. The fact that he asked Kuma if he was looking for a fight and that he wasn't intimidated by him in the least shows he is high on the food chain. He is a warlord after all, just like his fellow peers. The only reason why he's looked down on is because he lost, which we all know was because of BS and circumstantial plot. But you know about my stance on this issue all too well now, don't you James ?
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 22:56   Link #55
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
^I wasn't really worried about why Moria lost (we've already had that discussion ), rather I was postulating the potential for a severe weakness on the part of Kuma's powers, something that could make even Moria confident enough to dress down Kuma. What that weakness could be, I have no idea (maybe his reflection powers can only be used on a person once a month, or something somewhat weird like that).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 23:10   Link #56
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Sorry, but Luffy is so inferior to Kuma it's not even funny. If he fights someone, his opponent certainly won't be on the caliber of Kuma. Like other people have speculated, perhaps he'll fight against Sentoumaru or a Vice Admiral. And becoming a mindless brute is to no avail against Kuma. Monster Chopper was easily disposed of with a simple touch of Kuma's hand. Those who attack Kuma recklessly will suffer the consequences.
I could see your point on how strong Kuma is. However if I have super speed to go with my brutal power, I'd probably thrash him before he makes any movement. The least Luffy could do is bellow a volume 12 scorn (anger made through words) to Kuma on where he sent Luffy's crew and why he did so.

i.e.: < "I WANT MY CREW BACK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Kuma ever does retalliate, Luffy will have Crocodile or Jinbei to intervene with their power.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 01:08   Link #57
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Pics out , Moby Dick comes from under the water and WB looks like such a bad ass.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 01:19   Link #58
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
One of the pics shows the New World captains that Whitebeard brought, and one of them looks like Lola. Maybe this is the mother that Lola hinted at during the Thriller Bark arc.

Also, the Usopp mini-arc took a turn for the strange...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 01:26   Link #59
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
One of the pics shows the New World captains that Whitebeard brought, and one of them looks like Lola. Maybe this is the mother that Lola hinted at during the Thriller Bark arc.

Also, the Usopp mini-arc took a turn for the strange...
Yeah that pic of Usopp made no sense what so ever . Man has he gotten fat ,i think it the biggest we have ever seen him .
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 01:52   Link #60
game2007
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Well, what can I say about the New World pirate designs? They sure are... out of the ordinary...
game2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.