AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-06-28, 03:15   Link #1
Tarantula

[Azureus] CVS Updater doesn't work

If I didn't misunderstand somethin the azureus CVS updater should check for new CVS builts and update it automatically.

Well, it doesn't for me. I think I made all configurations and installed the plugin correctly (IIRC there were some instructions to this in the readme...).

Does anybody have the same problem?
Tarantula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 08:06   Link #2
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantula
If I didn't misunderstand somethin the azureus CVS updater should check for new CVS builts and update it automatically.

Well, it doesn't for me. I think I made all configurations and installed the plugin correctly (IIRC there were some instructions to this in the readme...).

If it helps: I just installed the plugin to see what could be causing the problems myself, but to no avail. The plugin is configured properly and I configured it to check every 15 min for new CVS. I waited 15 min but nothing happened. My bet is that the plugin either is not yet supported by the Azureus staff or the site the plugin scans for updates is down.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 08:52   Link #3
JustAnotherFan
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

That plugin works fine here (and for ages already). It just downloaded Beta 12 a few minutes ago.

I hope you know what CVS means and that those are beta or even alpha builds that in best case just not work or don't work properly, kill your config or in worst case destroys the files you have in the queues (downloaded and seeding)?
Old 2004-06-28, 09:01   Link #4
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan
That plugin works fine here (and for ages already). It just downloaded Beta 12 a few minutes ago.

I hope you know what CVS means and that those are beta or even alpha builds that in best case just not work or don't work properly, kill your config or in worst case destroys the files you have in the queues (downloaded and seeding)?
Yup, I know what CVS is

Mind sharing your configuration on this one? That's what I did:
I put the azcvsupdater_2.0.jar file into that folder:
Azureus\Plugins\azcvsupdater\. The Plugin gets detected like it should and I did the following under Configuration:Plugins:AZCVSUpdater Settings

AutoDownload: Checked
AutoRestart: Checked (for testing purposes)
AutoBackupC: Checked (for testing purposes)
WebUpdateP: 15 (for testing purposes)
MemoryCheckT: 10 (default)
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?

Old 2004-06-28, 09:09   Link #5
JustAnotherFan
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Mind sharing your configuration on this one?
AutoDownload: checked
AutoRestart: not checked
AutoBackupC: not checked
AutoOpen: checked (using a "CVS" version of that plugin too , but I had the regular until one or two days ago and it worked fine, too)
WebUpdateP: 180
MemoryCheckT: 10

If you open that plugin (View>Plugins>..) there is a "Manual Update" button too, so no need to set a low update time. There might be some debug info, too, if it doesn't work properly.

Maybe you need to create that "backup" directory where it stores the downloaded versions, though I think it created it automatically for me the first time I used it.
Old 2004-06-28, 09:20   Link #6
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
AutoDownload: checked
AutoRestart: not checked
AutoBackupC: not checked
AutoOpen: checked (using a "CVS" version of that plugin too , but I had the regular until one or two days ago and it worked fine, too)
WebUpdateP: 180
MemoryCheckT: 10

If you open that plugin (View>Plugins>..) there is a "Manual Update" button too, so no need to set a low update time. There might be some debug info, too, if it doesn't work properly.

Maybe you need to create that "backup" directory where it stores the downloaded versions, though I think it created it automatically for me the first time I used it.
The plugin started to download the newest CVS the moment I went to the View>Plugins>... Strange...
Could it be that there really was a site problem? Because when I tried downloading the newest CVS with the plugin, the newest version was 2.1.0.3_B11. The version the plugin downloaded was 2.1.0.3_B12. Also, the site now lists 2.1.0.3_B12 in just that moment. Could it be that I was unlucky and installed the plugin at the wrong time?

Old 2004-06-28, 09:32   Link #7
JustAnotherFan
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

Probably unlucky time, yes If you already have the newest it won't download anything of course

Another thing: As I always have the plugin opened, it didn't occur to me before: maybe it needs to be open to be active?
Old 2004-07-01, 17:26   Link #8
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Probably unlucky time, yes If you already have the newest it won't download anything of course

Another thing: As I always have the plugin opened, it didn't occur to me before: maybe it needs to be open to be active?
If someone happens to be interested: Yes, the plugin has to be opened for it to work. I just tried it ^_^

Old 2004-07-04, 15:13   Link #9
Doppelganger
Lazy Undergraduate

Send a message via ICQ to Doppelganger Send a message via AIM to Doppelganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantula

Out of curiosity, why are you using the CVS builds of Azurues?
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 15:23   Link #10
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger
Out of curiosity, why are you using the CVS builds of Azurues?
Normally I'd answer by quoting the ground braking changes and new features from the changelog - but honestly, there aren't.

Spoiler for Azureus Changelog:

Old 2004-07-04, 22:11   Link #11
Doppelganger
Lazy Undergraduate

Send a message via ICQ to Doppelganger Send a message via AIM to Doppelganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Normally I'd answer by quoting the ground braking changes and new features from the changelog - but honestly, there aren't.

Spoiler for Azureus Changelog:
Shrug. The first to get new features are the first to get new bugs. I'd only use a CVS build as a last, final resort due to a crippling bug. (Which in all likelyhood would be hotfixed in the quickness.)
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote