AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-07-24, 04:09   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
Mika Kikuchi would be a great Kobato, even if she already voices Mokona.
Yeah Kikuchi Mika would be a nice choice, though i don't think they'd go with her because of the fact that she's voicing Mokona already. I hope i'm wrong on this.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 07:17   Link #22
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Sorry for double post, though we have some information from the latest issue of Newtype.

It's going to be a crossover of CLAMP's past title Wish and Kobato.

Staff:
Original Creator: CLAMP (Kobato, Wish)
Director: Mitsuyuki Masuhara
Series Supervision: Morio Asaka
Series Composition: Michiko Yokote / Nanase Ohkawa
Scenario: Mamiko Ikeda / Miharu Hirami / Reiko Yoshida / Tsutomu Mizushima / Yuka Yamada
Character Design: Hiromi Kato
Animation Director: Satoshi Tazaki
Color Design: Harue Ono
Art Director: Hideyuki Ueno
Director of Photography: Kouhei Tanada
Editing: Kashiko Kimura
Sound Directer: Masafumi Mima / Toshihiko Nakajima
Music: Takeshi Hama
Production music: FlyingDog, Inc.
Animation Production: Madhouse Studios

Here's a copy of the scan from Newtype.



Very interesting that they'll join the two stories together. Makes sense really, because there's not really enough Kobato material for a whole series. It's also interested that pretty much al lthe staff working on this have worked on past CLAMP anime adaptations in the past. Goes to show that they know who to use.
__________________

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-07-24 at 07:39.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 08:21   Link #23
NeoSam
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 34
I added the staff info to the first post of this thread, and also added the cover of the 3rd volume of this shounen manga.
__________________
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 09:25   Link #24
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's going to be a crossover of CLAMP's past title Wish and Kobato.
Will this be a full-blown crossover with Wish? I had the impression that Kokaku's (sp?) appearance was more like a cameo. I'm interested in Kobato in and of itself. If this is truly a crossover with Wish, then I'm *really* interested in seeing the show.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 09:27   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Will this be a full-blown crossover with Wish? I had the impression that Kokaku's (sp?) appearance was more like a cameo. I'm interested in Kobato in and of itself. If this is truly a crossover with Wish, then I'm *really* interested in seeing the show.
All is basically says is that both titles are being merged, though going by the fact that it's still titled Kobato, then the Wish material may just be featured in an arc, because at the moment there isn't enough material in the Kobato manga for a full series.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 09:35   Link #26
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Any voice cast announcements?
__________________
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 09:36   Link #27
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
All is basically says is that both titles are being merged, though going by the fact that it's still titled Kobato, then the Wish material may just be featured in an arc, because at the moment there isn't enough material in the Kobato manga for a full series.
Still, that's far more of Wish than I was expecting from the picture alone. From the picture alone, I was expecting something like what happened with Legal Drug and xxxHolic.* But your description sounds more extensive than that.


* Small spoiler for Legal Drug & xxxHolic reference.
Spoiler:
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 09:39   Link #28
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
* Small spoiler for Legal Drug & xxxHolic reference.
Spoiler:
Yeah i know that, though the fact that it's been announced that Wish will take part in this show makes me think that it'll play a bigger part in the story then just a cameo like Legal Drug in xxxHolic.

It's just all gonna be speculation at the moment. Hopefully it'll be official announced what they plan to do very soon, because i'm just as confused as you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Any voice cast announcements?
Nope, not yet. If there was, i would have posted them.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 09:39   Link #29
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Manga by CLAMP always feature cameos from their canon. So, I'm not surprised that the anime series have this. Still, a full crossover in a CLAMP anime: a first, if my memory serves me.
__________________
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 09:41   Link #30
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Manga by CLAMP always feature cameos from their canon. So, I'm not surprised that the anime series have this. Still, a full crossover in a CLAMP anime: a first, if my memory serves me.
Yeah it'll be a first. That's why i think the fact that they announced that it will happen, means that it'll play a bigger part then just their usual cameo work.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 09:42   Link #31
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Even in holics and Tsubasa, which are proper crossovers in the manga, the other side's part is cut in the anime. So, yeah. I'm pretty excited. Also, is that avatar Himawari or Lenalee? Having the same voice and similar looks does affect my ability to tell them apart.
__________________
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 09:45   Link #32
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Also, is that avatar Himawari or Lenalee? Having the same voice and similar looks does affect my ability to tell them apart.
It's Himawari.

& yeah i'm really excited if it's what i believe, though at the same time i just want an adaptation of Kobato, though i trust they know what they're doing with this idea of theirs.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 08:52   Link #33
wandering-dreamer
reads too much
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: you know that's a great question.....
The Kobato manga has just gotten a release in the US by Yen Press so that's something to also look forward to.
Also
Spoiler for crossovers:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 09:10   Link #34
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Manga by CLAMP always feature cameos from their canon. So, I'm not surprised that the anime series have this. Still, a full crossover in a CLAMP anime: a first, if my memory serves me.
I don't know, what about Tokyo Babylon and X? :P
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 10:06   Link #35
Miles Teg
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Le Mans, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I don't know, what about Tokyo Babylon and X? :P
Tokyo Babylon take place some years before X, and the main character of Tokyo Babylon are part of the cast of X (on opposite side).

It's more like a prologue/sequel than a cross over.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 10:27   Link #36
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
Tokyo Babylon take place some years before X, and the main character of Tokyo Babylon are part of the cast of X (on opposite side).

It's more like a prologue/sequel than a cross over.
Wish ended ages ago. What's your point?
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 10:46   Link #37
Miles Teg
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Le Mans, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Wish ended ages ago. What's your point?
My point is that Tokyo Babylon can be seen as the prologue of X (and for Clamp it's the case) So when Subaru and Seichirou appears in X they are not character from Tokyo Babylon anymore but character from X.

Last edited by Miles Teg; 2009-07-25 at 10:59.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 11:38   Link #38
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
My point is that Tokyo Babylon can be seen as the prologue of X (and for Clamp it's the case) So when Subaru and Seichirou appears in X they are not character from Tokyo Babylon anymore but character from X.
That's not true at all. Tokyo Babylon is not a prologue to X at all, especially not for CLAMP. They manga started in 1990 as a stand alone story with its own characters and self contained stories. It was only after X started in 1992, that CLAMP decided to conclude Tokyo Babylon in a way which would allow the main character and the antagonist to continue to exist in X. Tokyo Babylon ended its run in 1993, a year after X already started. :P

Here we're looking at the lead in Wish appearing in Kobato, a currently running manga. Wish ended over a decade ago. How is this any different from Tokyo Babylon and X?
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 14:19   Link #39
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Here we're looking at the lead in Wish appearing in Kobato, a currently running manga. Wish ended over a decade ago. How is this any different from Tokyo Babylon and X?
Both yourself and Miles Teg are just saying the same things here.

But yeah Tokyo Babylon isn't even set in the same dimension as X, though i can still see why someone would call it a prologue of sorts. CLAMP just carried on the story under in a new title, and it worked brilliantly.
__________________

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-07-25 at 15:09.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 17:33   Link #40
duckroll
綺羅星★!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Both yourself and Miles Teg are just saying the same things here.

But yeah Tokyo Babylon isn't even set in the same dimension as X, though i can still see why someone would call it a prologue of sorts. CLAMP just carried on the story under in a new title, and it worked brilliantly.
Huh? Tokyo Babylon is definitely set in the same world as X. There are tons of references between both works, especially at the later parts of X.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
adventure, clamp, comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.