AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-07-26, 14:08   Link #841
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Direct reference can be found in the Episode secret tea party
And yes they are around in te forum, wait let me look I think I might have the links somewhere

Anti FanatsyxAnti-Mysterie: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...el#post2220584
Bern's letter: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...el#post2212848
Lambda's diary entry:http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...el#post2214696
kitsu... I can't access the links

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 14:31   Link #842
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Evil double post!

Lambda's diary: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1009
Bern's letter: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1003
AnitMystery vs. AntiFantasy http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1021
Old 2009-07-26, 14:32   Link #843
ghost_zero5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Although that's what the TIPs state it's implied that Lambdadelta is recommending Beatrice. That's why Beatrice is afraid of Lambdadelta - because she can take away her witch powers anytime she wants by removing recommendation.
Actually, once you have recommended someone to become something and they got it, it normally doesn't matter anymore if you remove your recommendation because it is too late then.
I don't think this would really work out that way. Also there is one more thing: If you need a recommendation to become a witch, how did the first witch become a witch?
She couldn't have been recommended.

Btw. those letters are interesting. The one from Bernkastel seem to indicate that Beatrice - the question is just WHICH Beatrice it was that she was talking about - is stronger than any other witch and even able to use something others can't.
ghost_zero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 14:39   Link #844
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_zero5 View Post
Actually, once you have recommended someone to become something and they got it, it normally doesn't matter anymore if you remove your recommendation because it is too late then.
I don't think this would really work out that way. Also there is one more thing: If you need a recommendation to become a witch, how did the first witch become a witch?
This is explained. There are some humans born with the power to transcend and become witches, such as Maria who is classified as a Creator witch (a witch that can create 1 out of 0). Plus some witches are born, like Bernkastel was born a witch apparently.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 14:46   Link #845
ghost_zero5

OK. But what about the point regarding "removing a recommendation"?
It doesn't make sense that this would strip her of the title as she already has it. It would be different, if she would currently be in the process of getting it and tries to get approval for it.
Also: Shouldn't those humans be able to do magic without the recommendation too? OK, you could say the won't have their full potential/their title but the still should be able to do magic, shouldn't they?

Regarding Bernkastel: I thought she only became a witch because of her fight with Lambdadelta and she wasn't one before. Wasn't there mentioned something like this in Ep2 or Ep3 of either ??? or Tea Party. I am not sure anymore which one it was exactly but I believe it was Ep2 of ???. She was talking to the imaginary Battler in the room.

Though, of course, she didn't state it in red and therefore it could also be a fake statement which actually is the case for all talks from any witch/furniture/... that haven't been red. Of course, Battler's should be correct as the Visual Novel is more or less from his POV.
Old 2009-07-26, 14:56   Link #846
stray
Classic Yandere

Thanks for the links Kitsu. I actually re-read the Tea Party too...

When I first read the Tea Party I took it to add some legitimacy to Beato's actions in episode 3... like... up to a point, she was at least partially sincere and had lost her power.

Quote:
Now I'm kind of curious who she was trying to play in episode 3... regardless of who's initial recommendation she got, the entire Ushiromiya family (including Battler) signed the petition acknowledging her as Beatrice, which apparently gave her powers back. If that outweights Lambda, Lambda = pwned.

Also, should we move this conversation to another thread? I'd rather not get this locked.
Old 2009-07-26, 15:10   Link #847
ghost_zero5

@stray:
Battler didn't sign that "petition" that she is a witch in the end. He was about to sign it but he didn't.
He just did sign the general "thing" before, regarding the Golden Land and so.
Regarding thread: Which one would it be best in to discuss this but I guess we won't reach a satisfying point anyway. At least not with the current information.
Old 2009-07-26, 15:31   Link #848
stray
Classic Yandere

Quote:
@stray:
Battler didn't sign that "petition" that she is a witch in the end. He was about to sign it but he didn't.
He just did sign the general "thing" before, regarding the Golden Land and so.
Regarding thread: Which one would it be best in to discuss this but I guess we won't reach a satisfying point anyway. At least not with the current information.
Well obviously things um... happened before the second signature... but I'm talking about the possible relevance of the first one. Regardless, I'm in agreement with you as far as Lambda being less of a concern than people are making her out to be.
Old 2009-07-26, 17:13   Link #849
ghost_zero5

Another question: Is the title for this VN fix by now?
Because I didn't expect Beatrice to die in Ep5 BUT I guess she probably won't die but her title as golden witch might be gone for all eternity and not being passed on.

Btw. in the VN so far the people always only talked about going to hell. Shouldn't some of them also go to heaven?
Old 2009-07-26, 17:23   Link #850
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Another question: Is the title for this VN fix by now?
Because I didn't expect Beatrice to die in Ep5 BUT I guess she probably won't die but her title as golden witch might be gone for all eternity and not being passed on.

Btw. in the VN so far the people always only talked about going to hell. Shouldn't some of them also go to heaven?
Yes. The official title is Umineko no Naku koro Ni Chiru: End of the Golden Witch, like the topic says.
Old 2009-07-26, 21:59   Link #851
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Could she cease to be the Golden Witch and yet remain in play as a human or witch without that title?
Old 2009-07-26, 22:22   Link #852
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

She'll probably become the Golden Witch again in EP6 anyway, since the "* of the Golden Witch" naming scheme will likely stick for the whole series.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 22:22   Link #853
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Tche, I should visit these threads more often.

Are there anymore of these extra TIPS? The all seem to come from only the 3rd EP thread.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 22:26   Link #854
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Stakes' Valentine's Day, Beato's White Day, Gohda's handbook.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 22:30   Link #855
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

I wanna read Beato's White Day ~>_<~!!!!!
Old 2009-07-26, 22:31   Link #856
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I wanna read Gohda's Handbook. D:

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 22:31   Link #857
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
So I've only read 1 out of a possible 6...great...

Someone has to collect them all into one place for our reading conveniences (and for those who don't frequent this place >.>)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 22:38   Link #858
Kets

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
I wanna read Beato's White Day ~>_<~!!!!!
I wanna read it too!
Kets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 22:44   Link #859
Marion
The Great Dine

There's also Tanabata day, the most recent one I think. Beato's white day is basically a sequel to Stakes Valentine I believe.

Here's Stakes Valentine for anyone who missed it.

I wonder if the new witch will be a reoccurring character, or if she'll just sorta go away like Eva-Beatrice did (well she didn't go away /completely/ but she wasn't reintroduced as a character)
Old 2009-07-26, 23:12   Link #860
Saerianne
*cackle*

I haven't seen Beato's white day or Gohda's handbook. D: I should try to find them.

About the new witch, I don't know. I don't think she came before the 4th, so she might not be there for all the games.
Saerianne is offline   Reply With Quote