AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2004-07-03, 07:53   Link #1
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
Mmorpgs

Can any of lads suggest/recommend me any other great MMORPG games out there? Preferably anything thats similiar to Ragnarok Online. Free of course. Cheers.
Scrumhalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 17:17   Link #2
Draikan7

mmm, hard to find free mmrpgs of great quality...
next mmrpg i'm waiting for is world of warcraft, although u will have to pay monthly.
Draikan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 23:17   Link #3
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

Well, you could download the Dark Age of Camelot trial.
Old 2004-07-05, 00:13   Link #4
H2-FumoGuu
パンツ。。。好き

Yogurting (www.yogurting.com) is still in closed beta stages in Korea but it looks AWESOME. Definitely check out the intro movie, too.
H2-FumoGuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 20:52   Link #5
Aquatic Fox
Anime Addict

Send a message via MSN to Aquatic Fox
A new one called Guild Wars is coming out fairly soon which has no monthly fee but you do have to pay for the game, although I dont know too much about it.
Aquatic Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 00:57   Link #6
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2-FumoGuu
Yogurting (www.yogurting.com) is still in closed beta stages in Korea but it looks AWESOME. Definitely check out the intro movie, too.
It's amazing! A Korean MMO that actually uses 3rd models for characters! ..... Too bad the 3d models are still 2d cel-shaded to finish LOL ....
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 01:01   Link #7
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

I played the Guild Wars E3 For Everyone Demo, and my god, it's only in Alpha, but I have no doubts that it will be Game of 2004.

Make sure to get it when it comes out.
Old 2004-07-06, 17:34   Link #8
Kamui4356
Aria Company

You could try priston tale. It's in open beta and will continue to be for the a while. It's only about half complete, has only 1 quest, has quite a bit of lag, and not much variety in monsters, characters or weapons. Other than that it's great. check it out at http://eng.pristontale.com/
edit: pt is no longer free. Now they want 13 bucks a month. You'd think they'd give players a little more warning then 24 hours... For that much a month you might as well get ff online.

Last edited by Kamui4356; 2004-07-08 at 20:55.
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 19:39   Link #9
bubblehead

Send a message via Yahoo to bubblehead
I used to play Planeshift when it was in the pre-alpha stages. ^^;

I don't know what stage it's in now but apparently they've finally gotten the combat system in place (apparently you can PvP but only if you want to). It was no fun pre-combat, especially since there was almost no one on the servers. However it IS free (and open source at that) and it may have improved tremendously. I did like the races (cat people, elves, dwarves, etc.) and it was kind of fun when I found a way to walk around underneath the city (not in caverns, but sort of a grey zone which wasn't supposed to be there).

The website is here.
bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote