AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-07-21, 08:55   Link #1981
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
its a joke about spice and wolf (lelouch and kallen's VA's do the voices for the two leads)
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 03:48   Link #1982
JNottle
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
At the beginning of episodes it says things like:
Britannian Residence - Tokyo Settlement
So I got curious and am now wondering if 'Shinjuku Ghetto' is in the Tokyo Settlement or would it be labeled as
Britannian Residence - Shinjuku Ghetto?
Thanks
JNottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 12:59   Link #1983
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNottle View Post
At the beginning of episodes it says things like:
Britannian Residence - Tokyo Settlement
So I got curious and am now wondering if 'Shinjuku Ghetto' is in the Tokyo Settlement or would it be labeled as
Britannian Residence - Shinjuku Ghetto?
Thanks
The ghetto is the area outside the settlement. Your second label is essentially an oxymoron.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 23:12   Link #1984
FadedSunrise
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
This may kind of be a stupid question, but:
Spoiler for Emperor Wakamoto:

And also: What ends up happening to the princesses as far as throne succession goes? I'm not familiar with royal family terminology/procedure at all...
So Odysseus is the first prince, and Guinevere the first princess...but Schneizel is the second prince. So technically would it go Odysseus-->Guinevere-->Schneizel, or do we skip straight to the men?
FadedSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 23:14   Link #1985
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by FadedSunrise View Post
This may kind of be a stupid question, but:
Is V.V. actually Charles' biological older brother? Like they started out as normal children, and then V.V. gets a Geass and a Code, and gives Charles a Geass...Or was V.V. already immortal, code and geassed by then, meets Charles, and then Charles starts calling him "nii-san" as a term of respect?
They're twins, V.V. presumably the first to come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadedSunrise View Post
And also: What ends up happening to the princesses as far as throne succession goes? I'm not familiar with royal family terminology/procedure at all...
So Odysseus is the first prince, and Guinevere the first princess...but Schneizel is the second prince. So technically would it go Odysseus-->Guinevere-->Schneizel, or do we skip straight to the men?
You have the order right, but people could probably bypass it with the proper support.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 21:57   Link #1986
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
This is a bit of a random question if anyone on this forum had ever watched the Ringu. Which would be faster: Lelouch's Geass or Sadako's glare of death?

Also, another question. I used to play Mechwarrior 4's online battle net and one of the common practices in taking down an enemy is by shooting both legs. Now in Knightmare combat without air-borne abilities, how come no one seems to target the legs? I mean, I could speculate that a few well-placed shots from hand-operated rocket launchers and RPGs could blast them off.
__________________


ACQUIRING COMPLETE.
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 22:25   Link #1987
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoExecutor View Post
This is a bit of a random question if anyone on this forum had ever watched the Ringu. Which would be faster: Lelouch's Geass or Sadako's glare of death?

Also, another question. I used to play Mechwarrior 4's online battle net and one of the common practices in taking down an enemy is by shooting both legs. Now in Knightmare combat without air-borne abilities, how come no one seems to target the legs? I mean, I could speculate that a few well-placed shots from hand-operated rocket launchers and RPGs could blast them off.
I remember MechWarrior 2, and that was a favored tactic of mine, as well. Maybe they just don't think of it in Code Geass.

Geass and the stare of death both work by light, so there's no difference in speed.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 22:29   Link #1988
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
I remember MechWarrior 2, and that was a favored tactic of mine, as well. Maybe they just don't think of it in Code Geass.

Geass and the stare of death both work by light, so there's no difference in speed.
Well it would be kind of cheap if all the KMF battles just consisted of everyone shooting at each others legs
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 22:39   Link #1989
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Well, at least on one occasion, Suzaku's Lancelot got a Landspinner blasted off, which prevented him from going very far.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 22:52   Link #1990
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well, at least on one occasion, Suzaku's Lancelot got a Landspinner blasted off, which prevented him from going very far.
Yeah, they were specifically aiming to get rid of him since they were retreating.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 19:54   Link #1991
Sherby~
herp derp
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Your computer monitor.
Age: 20
I've been thinking...

In season 1, there was all this foreshadowing on how Suzaku had some sort of connection to Geass or something, but when R2 came, this was left unexplained and wasn't even mentioned. Does anyone have any info on what Suzaku's connection to Geass could be, or is it still unknown?
__________________
Sherby~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 19:57   Link #1992
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherby~ View Post
I've been thinking...

In season 1, there was all this foreshadowing on how Suzaku had some sort of connection to Geass or something, but when R2 came, this was left unexplained and wasn't even mentioned. Does anyone have any info on what Suzaku's connection to Geass could be, or is it still unknown?
No clue. It was cut though from the series likewise with other instances.
__________________

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2009-07-26 at 20:12.
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 02:44   Link #1993
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
On the CG TVTropes page, someone made an edit stating that Lelouch actually staged the terrorist hijacking in episode 8 in order to introduce the Black Knights. I don't remember seeing this elsewhere.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 03:26   Link #1994
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
On the CG TVTropes page, someone made an edit stating that Lelouch actually staged the terrorist hijacking in episode 8 in order to introduce the Black Knights. I don't remember seeing this elsewhere.
That's because he didn't. He even stated that the hijacking would accelerate his plans a bit more than he was comfortable with.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 09:46   Link #1995
Crisis
Rock on ^^
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UAE
Age: 29
More questions :

Why didnt Zero collaborate with Xing Ke to get rid of generals. It wud have avoided Karen's capture

Why were black knights pissed that Lelouch has geass and is former prince?

Shneizel's servant (?) told a lie that Zero was told of FLEIA, right?

Everything seems to have gone pear shaped from R2E19
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 09:48   Link #1996
Crisis
Rock on ^^
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UAE
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Geass and the stare of death both work by light, so there's no difference in speed.
Speed of light is same but what about the power of the eyesight?
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 09:50   Link #1997
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztech View Post
More questions :

Why didnt Zero collaborate with Xing Ke to get rid of generals. It wud have avoided Karen's capture
his plan was to kiddnap the emperess and use her to bait the eunichs into a situation like what actually happened
xing-ke's involvment was not expected
he planned to use xing-ke's attempted coup as a distraction for the kidnapping


Quote:
Why were black knights pissed that Lelouch has geass and is former prince?
they they were pissed because they believed he used them for his own bid for power
and that he had used his geass on them to make them loyal
and also because of all the other horrible things he had done (SAZ massacre, JLF murder,etc)

Quote:
Shneizel's servant (?) told a lie that Zero was told of FLEIA, right?
suzaku told him before the fight about it
lelouch didnt believe him

Quote:
Everything seems to have gone pear shaped from R2E19
thats not a question
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 15:59   Link #1998
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
He was responsible for the SAZ massacre, but didn't do it on purpose. But that's another story.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 16:00   Link #1999
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
He was responsible for the SAZ massacre, but didn't do it on purpose. But that's another story.
it was a reason why they were pissed off
all that matters
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 08:58   Link #2000
Crisis
Rock on ^^
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UAE
Age: 29
Tnx bladeofdarkness . Have some rep. will have a few more questions very soon..
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.