AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-07-29, 14:52   Link #61
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
stupid DP.........
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 15:12   Link #62
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Didn't Ace starte off with a suprememly powerful fruit (or did some recent spoilers change that?), so he would be able to surge ahead quite quickly.
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy
We have no idea how long it took ace to do that plus with logia is rather easy to get to top faster.
Ace hasn't reached the top of anything, besides the execution stand, not to mention logias are not invincible.

Quote:
Plus so far luffy has done more harm to marines than Ace has ever done . So i don't how Ace track record is better . Did he beat any warlords, did he take down any of marines strong holds.
Ace would wreck weak Croc and Moria, not to mention he equaled Jinbei, saved Luffy's a$$, along with trying to take on Whitebeard, and was offered a spot on the Seven Armed Seas if those spoilers still hold truth haven't checked in a while.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-07-29 at 15:30.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 16:15   Link #63
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
Nope.



Ace hasn't reached the top of anything, besides the execution stand, not to mention logias are not invincible.



Ace would wreck weak Croc and Moria, not to mention he equaled Jinbei, saved Luffy's a$$, along with trying to take on Whitebeard, and was offered a spot on the Seven Armed Seas if those spoilers still hold truth haven't checked in a while.
If you read the lastest spoilers Ace did have his logia when they wanted to make him a war lord , and of course ace could beat moria and croc he is a logia user. Logias user were thought to be the bosses of the Op world. It only because Haki came up people think people have better chance vs them.

Also luffy could take on WB and get his ass kick just like ace did ,which it seem he get his ass kick alot even when he try to kill WB in his sleep.


Ace get his name fast because of his logia .
If luffy had logia the marines would have been even worst off.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 16:25   Link #64
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
If you read the lastest spoilers Ace did have his logia when they wanted to make him a war lord, and of course ace could beat moria and croc he is a logia user. Logias user were thought to be the bosses of the Op world. It only because Haki came up people think people have better chance vs them.
Naw, there where many who knew there is a way to hurt a Logia users out side of sea stone, or a scientific weakness. lol

Quote:
Also luffy could take on WB and get his ass kick just like ace did ,which it seem he get his ass kick alot even when he try to kill WB in his sleep.
Luffy hasn't made it to where all the big names are at.....New World.
Heck the 1st half of the grand line is still rejecting Luffy's passport.

Quote:
Ace get to the top fast because of his logia.
No.
Quote:
If luffy had logia the marines would have been even worst off.
Luffy has Plot power......why would he need a logia?
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 16:33   Link #65
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
^Are you really trying to say that Ace didn't rise as quickly as he did because of his devil fruit? Because one of the marines specifically mentions the fact that Ace was a rookie that had a powerful devil fruit...

That ebign said, why are you even trying to compare Ace and Luffy? They ahve two different stories and two different journeys. Ace has always been trying to escape the shadow of his real father, even going so far as to try and make his father's rival into the next Pirate King; whereas Luffy has never once cared about the past, only seeking to achieve his dreams. Consequently, the route they have taken has been vastly different, with wildly diverging present conclusions.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 16:36   Link #66
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Are you really trying to say that Ace didn't rise as quickly as he did because of his devil fruit? Because one of the marines specifically mentions the fact that Ace was a rookie that had a powerful devil fruit...
Yes, and if it was nothing but DF like you guys are claiming to big up Luffy (with weak excuses) Super sonic would have never said.....

Van Auger: I had always thought the Power Users were a brittle lot,
over-relying on their Powers and helpless without them.
But I see that when it comes to Whitebeard's own battle commander...
The man excels in basic battle ability as well...!!!


Heck Ace was able to whip Luffy's a$$ many times before he got his DF, so I don't want to here excuses like "Ace only got that far cuz of his logia DF."

Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 16:43   Link #67
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
Naw, there where many who knew there is a way to hurt a Logia users out side of sea stone, or a scientific weakness. lol



Luffy hasn't made it to where all the big names are at.....New World.
Heck the 1st half of the grand line is still rejecting Luffy's passport.



No.


Luffy has Plot power......why would he need a logia?
And how did ace get there because of his logia power . If they were so many ways to beat a logia user in a fight why did BB want his DF. Before this haki stuff came up when came to fights most people had logia user vs other logia user who were they weak point. Also how did the first half grand line reject luffy he would made to the new world rather easy if his friend was not in trouble.

Do you really think someone with sea stone is going to be able to get near a logia user so easy.

I never said it was nothing but his DF but you said ace track record shit all over luffy , which i said he would had it easier than luffy since he was a logia user.
Do think ace would gotten so far so fast if was not for his DF hell the reason the marines notice him was because of it .
Luffy DF give him a edge but is nothing compare to a logia user . Would luffy has gotten so far without his DF maybe not but they same could be said for ace.

Last edited by andy; 2009-07-29 at 16:55.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 16:48   Link #68
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
^Uhm, no one, or at least not I, said that Ace only got as far as he did because of his Logia. Rather, if you will read my statement again, I said he rose as quickly as he did because of his Devil Fruit. He could have still gotten where he did without a DF, but having one merely cut down on the time it took to get to the top. The same is true of Luffy - he has a fruit that makes him nearly impervious to physical damage, and since most damage on the grand line is via physical attacks, Luffy was able to rise quite quickly.

That being said, where in the spoiler does it say that Ace was at the New World in under 3-4 months (which is about the time it took Luffy to get to the Red Line...and then the war happened). For all we know, Luffy has almost the exact same track record as Ace, or Luffy could have an even better track record, or Ace could have a marginally better track record. Any of those options are possible, but, in the end, they are ultimately irrelevent, as I already said, considering the differences in the Journey that Ace and Luffy had. There is no point in comparing Ace in Luffy to each other.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 16:53   Link #69
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
And how did ace get there because of his logia power.
If that was the case one hit Blackbeard should have ended Ace......Super Sonic would have never stated what he stated if what you say is true.

Quote:
If they were so many ways to beat a logia user in a fight why did BB want his DF. Before this haki stuff came up when came to fights most people had logia user vs other logia user who were they weak point. Also how did the first half grand line reject luffy he would made to the new world rather easy if his friend was not in trouble.
Last time I checked the SH crew was defeated back on bubble land........

Quote:
Do you really think some one with sea stone is going to be able to get near a logia user so easy.
Stop trying to change the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Uhm, no one, or at least not I, said that Ace only got as far as he did because of his Logia.
Then there is nothing to talk about.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 16:58   Link #70
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Yeah, I think Oda made it pretty clear that Ace's strength didn't just come from his fruit. Recall that Luffy said that he could never beat Ace in a fight when they grew up together in East Blue (and Luffy already had HIS DF power when the two of them first met). Plus, Van Auger commented during during Ace's fight with Blackbeard that he already had superb fighting abilities outside of his DF power. Still, the fact that Ace got himself smacked around by Whitebeard (and later on, Blackbeard) definitely proves that he's still pretty wet behind the ears......



Oh, and Ace's crew did end up joining with Whitebeard after all. It's confirmed in the flashback by Thatch (the 4th commander, remember). I wonder if any of THOSE guys ended up becoming a commander themselves....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 17:05   Link #71
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
If that was the case one hit Blackbeard should have ended Ace......Super Sonic would have never stated what he stated if what you say is true.



Last time I checked the SH crew was defeated back on bubble........



Stop trying to change the subject.



Then there is nothing to talk about.
I never try to change the topic you did, i ask how was ace track record better than luffy .

Then james0246 said it would be faster for ace to get to top cause he had a logia . You said nope which you were wrong . Then you start talking about ace would kick moria ass along with croc and was offered spot as warlord . I said because he was logai user he would kick there ass.I also said he get to the top fast because of his logia (should have said faster ) and again you said nope..
Then spoiler came out that because he was logia user and a D the marines notice him. If you think ace did not get to the top faster because of his DF you are kidding your self.

Which come back to me saying what makes Ace track record better than luffy. Hell ace should have a better track record than luffy he is a logia user.

Luffy got this far because of his DF , it's the same with ace because he logia user it would have been easier for him that is all i am saying .

Last edited by andy; 2009-07-29 at 17:23.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 17:14   Link #72
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I never try to change the topic you did,
No....I didn't.

Quote:
i ask how was ace track record better than luffy.
and I explained.

Quote:
Then james0246 said it would be faster for ace to get to top cause he had a logia. You said nope which you were wrong .
The fruit don't make the man its the man who makes the fruit, One Piece 101.

Quote:
Then you start talking about ace would kick moria ass along with croc and was offered spot as warlord.
why, because you posted this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
Plus so far luffy has done more harm to marines than Ace has ever done . So i don't how Ace track record is better . Did he beat any warlords, did he take down any of marines strong holds.
So stop tryin to point the finger at others.

Quote:
Because why he was a D and a logia user.
When did I ever say this?

Quote:
Which come back to me saying what makes Ace track record better than luffy.
People he's meet and fought with, things he done, etc etc.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 17:14   Link #73
AceD
See You En' Tee
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: England
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
Last time I checked the SH crew was defeated back on bubble land........
Ace didn't run into a Warlord, an Admiral, an Admirals underling and a bunch of cyborgs with a Logia power at the same time though
__________________
.

Last edited by AceD; 2009-07-29 at 17:38.
AceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 17:21   Link #74
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
Ace didn't run into a Warlord, an Admiral, an Admirals underling and a bunch of cybords with a Logia power at the same time though
Ace ran his own a$$ into Whitebeard.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 17:33   Link #75
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
So ace fought WB get his ass kick , fight with a warlord look like it was a tied , and was offer to be a warlord because of his logia and being a D.

Shit over someone who has beating 2 warlords , taken down 2 of the marines great strong holds ,punch some that should never be touch . Had the marines send another warlord to kill him when he was fighting one. Then send 2 px plus the head of the vegapunk guards plus a admirals where he get his ass kick.

So ace has the better track record okay if you say so .
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 17:46   Link #76
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I still think it's unnecessary to compare Luffy to Ace. They're just too different. Besides, they don't really have any rivalries anyhow, so it doesn't really matter what trials they've faced in the past.....



However, I don't think Ace ever got blasted off to an amazon island by a Shichibukai, so Luffy>big bro in my book.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 17:46   Link #77
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
So ace fought WB get his ass kick, fight with a warlord look like it was a tied , and was offer to be a warlord because of his logia and being a D.
Wait when did it ever state Ace was offered a position on the seven armed because of his logia power and being a D?

Quote:
Shit over someone who has beating 2 warlords
and As I said before Ace > Croc and Moria.

Quote:
punch some that should never be touch.
Going after Whitebeard who is most likely in the New world (some where Luffy has yet to set foot in) and meeting up with him > charlos and taking down them 2 Marines strong holds.

Quote:
Had the marines send another warlord to kill him when he was fight one. Then send 2 px plus the head of the vegapunk guards plus a admirals where get his ass kick.
I don't see that as being better then Fighting with Jimbei for 5 days, Being offer a position on the seven armed seas, declining it, and then being Namaka jack by Whitebeard. Hell Ace even met up with Shanks. and now Whitebeard wants to make him pirate King.

Quote:
Okay if you say so .
D@me right, that's what makes America so great.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 17:51   Link #78
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
So far, there is no canoncial indication that Ace has a better track record Luffy, or anything along those lines. Ace being stronger does not mean he conquered the Grand Line more quickly than Luffy has, it simply means he might have had an easier time in doing so.

In the end, there is simply no reason to compare the two people. Their roads are too different from each other, and their strengths and weaknesses are to diverse for them to be really comparable in how they got where they are.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 17:53   Link #79
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So far, there is no canoncial indication that Ace has a better track record Luffy, or anything along those lines. Ace being stronger does not mean he conquered the Grand Line more quickly than Luffy has, it simply means he might have had an easier time in doing so.
Well when Luffy gets/find some one on equal footing as Newgate (Gold D Rogers rival) to want to make him into the next Pirate king you get back to me, but until then I see Aces career/track record as greater then Luffy's.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 17:58   Link #80
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
If you read the spoilers you would see that the marines wanted to know where ace came from since he was a rookie. Sengoku saw he was a D and then the marine mention he was rookie with power of a logia. Next line you see WB saying they want to make him a warlord.

So goes to show you having a logia is a big plus which is also why they wanted him to be a warlord unless you saying they have to say that , In which i hope that some people would just have to use there head to see him being a logia was part of it since it was mention .
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.