AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-29, 16:22   Link #761
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
But Negima! was bad.
I'm sorry, but I disagree. SHAFT's Negima!? was much better then Xebec's adaption and the OVA's they made (specifically the Ala Alba ones) were very faithful to the manga and I'm sure the upcoming ones will be too.
Old 2009-07-29, 16:57   Link #762
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
I'm sorry, but I disagree. SHAFT's Negima!? was much better then Xebec's adaption and the OVA's they made (specifically the Ala Alba ones) were very faithful to the manga and I'm sure the upcoming ones will be too.
I was talking about the first one. Negima! anime. I didn't like Negima!?, but I can not really say it was bad. (i didn't see the OVAs either).

I might have missunderstood, but wasn't SHAFT who does the first anime?
Old 2009-07-29, 16:58   Link #763
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
I might have missunderstood, but wasn't SHAFT who does the first anime?
No, XEBEC did the first anime, SHAFT did the second one and the OVA series.

Anyway, as I said, about that Haruhi...
Old 2009-07-29, 17:45   Link #764
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
I hear she desires to be in the company of extraordinary people, not knowing that three members of her group of friends, as well as Haruhi herself, are just that.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-07-29, 23:07   Link #765
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
I hear she desires to be in the company of extraordinary people, not knowing that three members of her group of friends, as well as Haruhi herself, are just that.
I also hear that, if you inform her of this fact, there's a distinct possibility that this could lead to The End Of The World As We Know It.

You know, as I think about that, it's a pretty convenient way to write a serialized story when you don't know how long it'll last. It's like a "kill switch" for the author -- no matter how long or short the story is, he can just activate the "Haruhi finds out" plot device as a way of ending the story. Conversely, it's also a way of prolonging the series indefinitely as much as he wants, as we see with the latest anime story arc. How many problems could be solved quickly and easily by certain people just telling certain other people everything they know about a certain situation? The fact that pretty much everyone knows more than they're telling means that, in any given story arc, someone simply has to reveal just enough information but no more in order to resolve the story. (And if the author plays things right, they can also reveal a little bit of extra information that isn't important now but will be referred to later on.) The secret to unraveling every mystery is simply knowing what questions to ask to what person, since one of them will definitely know. The situation goes on indefinitely because the troops are only there to observe (since they don't want to rock the cart), and Kyon just wants to live his life in peace.

So yeah, about that Haruhi...
Old 2009-07-29, 23:39   Link #766
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Well actually, I don't think telling Haruhi the truth would accomplish anything, even if you tell her that she's essentially a god. In fact, despite that one being probably the easiest of the four to prove(unless you happen to be one of the observers), it's also the hardest.

I mean, really. If I were to tell you right now that you could literally change the world on a whim, would you believe me?

Seeing as Haruhi's powers are seemingly blocked by her own skepticism(provided we take anything said by Koizumi seriously), the only way she'd be able to prove to herself that she has those extraordinary powers is if she truly believed she had them in the first place.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-07-29, 23:49   Link #767
OkamiNoKaze

I think the reveal would have to come from one of the other 3 anyway, as Yuki said Haruhi would never take Kyon seriously about that, and it was sort of proven in the manga.
Old 2009-07-30, 00:22   Link #768
cybermirage

It was proven in the Novels as well.

Spoiler for Sighs Prologue:
Old 2009-07-30, 00:29   Link #769
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
I hear her justification for that is that normal people are boring. For a long time now I've wondered what would happen if someone pointed out to Haruhi that, by her logic, even if she found aliens, time travelers, espers, or sliders, they'd have no reason to want to hang out with her as she would be boring (since she doesn't know she isn't a normal person). Thoughts?
Old 2009-07-30, 00:50   Link #770
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It does give her ideas though...like a certain movie's character selection.
Old 2009-07-30, 01:43   Link #771
thirdlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Not really with modern CG, I'm sure we've all seen the gif where every gundam has the same movement.. It a matter of posing premade models and feed them through a cel-animation rendering software. Given that modern animation is all done through computers anyway.
You mean Gundam 00? (It can't be Igloo. right?) All the MS in it are all hand-drawn with no CGI support. If it's not obvious for you, you do frame-by-frame playback and look at perspective and deformation, and you will find out.

Quote:
If it was 'that' hard the guys at sunrise would be puking blood every week in their work stations.
They don't mind it because they like to animate mecha. Or they might not even find it hard. Sunrise brings together freelance animators who like mecha every time they produces mecha series while KyoAni does everything in-house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
No, XEBEC did the first anime, SHAFT did the second one and the OVA series.

Anyway, as I said, about that Haruhi...
For the sake of Xebec, it's Xebec M2 that did Negima!, and Xebec helped M2 improve its quality in the second half.
Old 2009-07-30, 01:54   Link #772
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
I hear her justification for that is that normal people are boring. For a long time now I've wondered what would happen if someone pointed out to Haruhi that, by her logic, even if she found aliens, time travelers, espers, or sliders, they'd have no reason to want to hang out with her as she would be boring (since she doesn't know she isn't a normal person). Thoughts?
It'd have to be a pretty brave soul to point that out to her. I don't think even Kyon'd be that dumb.
Old 2009-07-30, 02:00   Link #773
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Well actually, I don't think telling Haruhi the truth would accomplish anything, even if you tell her that she's essentially a god. In fact, despite that one being probably the easiest of the four to prove(unless you happen to be one of the observers), it's also the hardest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
I think the reveal would have to come from one of the other 3 anyway, as Yuki said Haruhi would never take Kyon seriously about that, and it was sort of proven in the manga.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermirage View Post
It was proven in the Novels as well.

Spoiler for Sighs Prologue:
Come on people... You're disappointing me. Kyon most certainly can convince Haruhi of the weirdness of the world. He just has to start the reveal a certain way. Think about it. He has a four-word kinsoku jikou that would trump anything the other three could show Haruhi. And it's not even a spoiler for even those Haruhi noobs who are only up to speed on the anime.

Spoiler for although there is always one idiot who goes roaming around the general discussion thread without having actually seen what's being generally discussed...:
Old 2009-07-30, 02:04   Link #774
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Actually... yes it is, as the point where its significance is made apparent hasn't been aired yet.
Old 2009-07-30, 02:28   Link #775
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It is all a matter of when and where really. Had he tried later, when he had the required information, she might have bought it. But when he did tell her (we saw the start of it at the end of Melancholy 6), he didn't have that data yet. By the time he does have that data, he doesn't want to use it...well at least not unless he needs to.

Its unfortunate that he doesn't have all the pieces at the time of Endless Eight...that would have only lasted a hundred years or so before he off chance decided to use that information.
Old 2009-07-30, 02:59   Link #776
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Come on people... You're disappointing me. Kyon most certainly can convince Haruhi of the weirdness of the world. He just has to start the reveal a certain way. Think about it. He has a four-word kinsoku jikou that would trump anything the other three could show Haruhi. And it's not even a spoiler for even those Haruhi noobs who are only up to speed on the anime.

Spoiler for although there is always one idiot who goes roaming around the general discussion thread without having actually seen what's being generally discussed...:
He used it in the novels already... and still has it in his back pocket w/e he needs it.
Old 2009-07-30, 10:39   Link #777
cybermirage

When in the novels did he actually use it?

If you mean used it as a threat then okay, yeah he has sort of used it.

If you mean to convince Haruhi, I don't think he has.
Old 2009-07-30, 11:03   Link #778
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
It'd have to be a pretty brave soul to point that out to her. I don't think even Kyon'd be that dumb.
But imagine her reaction! Saying it to her may well leave someone satisfied for the rest of his or her life.

To those discussing the code: People, while the anime-only viewers know about the code already, they don't know how it can be used. We are straying dangerously close to outright spoiler territory here, and that isn't what this thread is for. We should probably move it to the Novel and Manga thread.
Old 2009-07-30, 11:23   Link #779
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermirage View Post
When in the novels did he actually use it?

If you mean used it as a threat then okay, yeah he has sort of used it.

If you mean to convince Haruhi, I don't think he has.
Disappearence, Chapter 3 (I think). Kyon had Haruhi around his little finger.
Old 2009-07-31, 18:37   Link #780
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

KyoAni updated their website with the 17th episode, DVD 2 listing, and blog update.

http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/haruhi/

Of note, the blog update mentions a staff working drawing cats...hmm...
Closed Thread

Tags
kadokawa, science fiction, shounen