AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2009-07-10, 15:50   Link #1
Tiberium Wolf

Posting a youtube vid

Instead of the link you post the Embed code in post so users can play the vid right away.

How do you do it here? I can't seem to figure it out. I see the Embed they give in youtube but how do you use it here?
Old 2009-07-10, 16:58   Link #2
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

You don't use the embed code, forum doesn't support HTML.

Lets say you have a link to a video, eg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNVomngq-Qc
You write [youtube]CNVomngq-Qc[/youtube] and it becomes:

Old 2009-07-10, 18:07   Link #3
Tiberium Wolf

Ok thx for the info.
Old 2009-07-12, 19:23   Link #4
Crazed Dragon
Mercenary

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
You don't use the embed code, forum doesn't support HTML.

Lets say you have a link to a video, eg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNVomngq-Qc
You write [youtube]CNVomngq-Qc[/youtube] and it becomes:

Wait, how do I embed video's ???
Old 2009-07-12, 21:20   Link #5
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed Dragon View Post
Wait, how do I embed video's ???
The code is in what Cats posted:
Quote:
[youtube]CNVomngq-Qc[/youtube]
Just change the CNVomngq-Qc part to the portion between the "v=" and the "&" of the YouTube video you're trying to link.
Old 2009-07-29, 08:21   Link #6
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I repost it here, as I didn't receive a firm reply in the silly question thread from you folks .

I'm wondering how is it possible to embed youtube videos directly in HQ here on the AS forum? (Ergo without the need that the viewer has to click on the HQ icon.) What sort of command one has to write to achieve that?

I tried these already and all of them were unsuccessful (the spaces between the brackets are deliberate): [youtubehq]youtubevalue[/youtubehq]; [hqyoutube]value[/hqyoutube]; [youtubehq2]value[/youtubehq2]; [youtube ]value&hl=en&fs=1&ap=%2526fmt%3D18[/youtube]; [youtube ]value&ap=%2526fmt%3D18[/youtube]; [flash=http://www.youtube.com/v/value&ap=%2526fmt%3D18]width=425 height=350[/flash]; Copypasting directly the link obviously failed, and several others I can't remember.
Or is the command to do that blocked? If it's blocked is there any chance to enable it please? Thank you in advance.
Old 2009-07-29, 10:13   Link #7
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I've experimented a little, but I can't get any video embedded in HQ quality. Even the examples on sites that tell you how to embed YouTube video's in HQ don't seem to work for me:

http://www.podcastingnews.com/2008/0...-high-quality/
(second video on this site is supposed to be HQ due to fmt=18 switch, but it plays the same as the video above it)

However, the one switch that does appear to work is &hd=1, as demonstrated here:

Source:
[youtube]zlfKdbWwruY&hd=1[/youtube]

However as you notice the resolution of the embedded player is hardcoded into the bbcode, so HD video's still don't look really great.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 16:38   Link #8
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I see. Thank you GHDpro. I think I too tried almost all the possibilities, without much success. It indeed appears that putting the "&hd=1" will put the youtube video into HD mode (it loads a lot slower and plays "laggier" on my crappy computer than the basic Soft Definition), except that the resolution itself remains the same size as the ordinary one.
By the way IMO the link you linked (that one) has the two versions correctly since the second video (the HD one) lags me a lot more frequently, and the buffering is slower too.

Anyway, I would personally be grateful and appreciate it, if you kind admins would enable a way to somehow implement HQ videos too directly.
(Obviously it's not really that important though, but thank you in advance if it's possible).
Old 2009-08-01, 02:27   Link #9
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
After some testing, I've found out the &hd=1 only works if the video was uploaded in HD, which means, 720p or higher. If it's not, then I don't think anyone has found a way to force (regular) HD yet.

But here's something.

If you upload a video, you can force (everyone) to view or embed your video in HD by adding yt:quality=high as a tag to the video. In short, you can make everyone view your video in HD but you can't make all videos you want start in HD (yet). Here's an example of a video that plays in HD using regular [youtube] tags:

But it gets more complicated. If a video is uploaded in 720p, then there are two levels of HD, regular HD (same resolution as normal but better quality, otherwise known as fmt=18), and real HD (huge resolution with superior quality, otherwise known as fmt=22). In this case, if you (meaning I, the uploader) add yt:quality=high, then the embed video will play as fmt=18 while not saying that it's HD, when it actually is HD. Here's an example:

Note the stereo that would not usually occur in normal quality videos, yet the HD button isn't pressed. If you do press HD, then the video will play in supposedly "very high quality," but like GHDpro said, the resolution of the player is hardcoded. Now excuse me while I find ways to embed videos that starts with fmt=18 resolution.

That was a bunch of useless information, but if it is helpful, then you're welcome.

Last edited by KholdStare; 2009-08-01 at 02:54.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 21:00   Link #10
Shadow Kira01

There seems to be a Youtube bug of some sort.

When I was viewing the Muramasa: The Demon Blade thread, I couldn't see the Wii trailer as that it says "movie not loaded" and I get a huge blank square shape. However, when I decided to post my own link and preview it by clicking on "advanced" at the bottom of the screen for the quick post text box, I instantly see both my own video and the Wii trailer which prompted me to remove my own link before making a post.

I thought it was my javascript error but when I visited the new Gamer thread in General Discussion, the OP seemed to be experiencing problems viewing the Youtube video, even though I see it as fine. This confirms that the problem isn't my browser's javascript issues but that there is a bug in the AnimeSuki site coding itself. Generally, there is a slight chance of youtube vids not loading and that the only way to view it is to click on quote and preview it in advanced mode once.

Last edited by Shadow Kira01; 2009-08-10 at 21:00. Reason: fixed.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote