AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-04, 11:02   Link #21
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
Well, Shanks and Rayleigh don't have Devil Fruits, and from what we know, Mihawk doesn't either. Plus Rayleigh said that the New World is filled with people with powers that we only surpass his wildest imagination so I'm not really surprised by that.
Thinking that only ones that can be rival to Roger were Whitebeard and Garp, Garp must be quite something for achieving this with only brute power but team Whitebeard's powers were %90 devil fruit and -maybe- %10 haki based (since WB was able to hit ace directly) No wonder how they survived Roger's attacks.

Roger pirates owned Whitebeard pirates without any devil fruit at all but pure haki and skill (I dont think Roger had a df but Shanks,Rayleigh had haki which are not even Haoushoku Haki) Looks like If Roger pirates had any df, that means they would devastate Whitebeard pirates rather than just dueling.
Rawrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 11:06   Link #22
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Roger pirates owned Whitebeard pirates without no devil fruit at all but pure haki and skill (and thats not even Haoushoku Haki, so far) Looks like If Roger pirates had any df, that means they would devastate Whitebeard pirates.
Whatcha talking about mate?

Haki and fruits..I see them as just two different weapons. I don't understand, what is it that makes people think that haki is so superior to devil fruits.

If we see a guy using a spear and the other a sword, we won't assume one is stronger then the other. It would be weird to say something like 'looks like if the spear guy also had a sword, that means they would devastate the swordsman'.

No?

Besides, haki is ambition. And WB pirates have ambition as well..they just project it differently. Having the King's haki doesn't give you a huge advantage over someone whos incredibly skilled with their DF; Its just two sets of completely different skills that really can't be directly compared with each other.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 11:09   Link #23
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the Sky with the Birds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Thinking that only ones that can be rival to Roger were Whitebeard and Garp, Garp must be quite something for achieving this with only brute power but team Whitebeard's powers were %90 devil fruit and -maybe- %10 haki based (since WB was able to hit ace directly) No wonder how they survived Roger's attacks.

Roger pirates owned Whitebeard pirates without any devil fruit at all but pure haki and skill (I dont think Roger had a df but Shanks,Rayleigh had haki which are not even Haoushoku Haki) Looks like If Roger pirates had any df, that means they would devastate Whitebeard pirates rather than just dueling.
The Roger Pirates didn't owned the Whitebeard Pirates, the fought many times causing much bloodshed between the crews. Roger didn't beat Whitebeard but withdrew and made it to Raftel.
__________________



'̿ ̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ '̿
Weed, there is nothing wrong with it.. Seriously what's so bad about it? Smoking weed and eating out your fridge and laughing at the simple things? Or getting in fights and causing injury and accidents. Beer is the destruction of this nation, Herb is the healer! Don't listen, make your own choices!
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 11:16   Link #24
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
I don't think I said Joz will beat Mihawk, its the other way around. it was already foreshadowed that Mihawk can chop up diamond, as of now I am really disappointed in Oda for not coming up with something better for Mihawk to go up against.
Well it's not set in stone . Oda could always change who mihawk is going to face . That attack was for WB so mihawk can change when some else get close to him .
But truth be told i don't think were going to see much more from him maybe one or two moves . Since you don't want to give away everything since we know he has to face zoro later on.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 11:31   Link #25
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
By the way, I have a little theory about Marco's DF power. I may be wrong about this, but I think it's pretty fun to guess.



Anyway, I think it's possible that he may have the powers of the spark spark fruit. That is, he literally ignites his body in the same way that you'd use a match or cigarette lighter. Maybe his fruit gives him some super friction powers that allows him to create his blue flames (a similar ability in another series would be Roy Mustang's alchemy in Fullmetal Alchemist). That way, he can have a fire-based ability without being another fire Logia. Again, I could be entirely wrong about this, but I think it's a pretty good theory......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 11:33   Link #26
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Well it's not set in stone . Oda could always change who mihawk is going to face . That attack was for WB so mihawk can change when some else get close to him .
But truth be told i don't think were going to see much more from him maybe one or two moves . Since you don't want to give away everything since we know he has to face zoro later on.
and that's why I am disappointed, for Mihawk will pwn Joz and then go MIA for another 366 chapters.

Well the best thing about this spoiler is.....there no sign of Luffy.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 11:48   Link #27
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
and that's why I am disappointed, for Mihawk will pwn Joz and then go MIA for another 366 chapters.

Well the best thing about this spoiler is.....there no sign of Luffy.
I can never tell whether you're being sarcastic or not.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 12:05   Link #28
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
By the way, I have a little theory about Marco's DF power. I may be wrong about this, but I think it's pretty fun to guess.



Anyway, I think it's possible that he may have the powers of the spark spark fruit. That is, he literally ignites his body in the same way that you'd use a match or cigarette lighter. Maybe his fruit gives him some super friction powers that allows him to create his blue flames (a similar ability in another series would be Roy Mustang's alchemy in Fullmetal Alchemist). That way, he can have a fire-based ability without being another fire Logia. Again, I could be entirely wrong about this, but I think it's a pretty good theory......
It's hard to say from the spoilers what Marco's power actually is. Somehow it is able to stop an entire barrage of Light attacks from Kizaru, so it can't be as simple as, to use your words, a spark spark fruit (how and why would any flame based attack stop a fast beam of light?). No, to defeat light, however briefly (since I expect Marco will probably not be enough to combat an Admiral all by his lonesome).

Maybe the blue flams that emit from his body are resulted from absorbing the Light blast and converting the energy into thermal energy? It could be that he is taking the quanta of Kizaru's attack, breaking it down, and emiting it out of his body as thermal energy in the colour of a blue flame which indicates high-frequency light waves...or something like that ? So, Marco would be able to take any attack and then convert whatever energy is thrown at him (kinetic) and convert it into thermal energy - heat, which is then released from his body as a flame, and the colour of the flame indicates the frequency/wavelength of the attack.

Or maybe I just want somethig more interesting than a spark spark fruit .

As for Jozu's diamond ability, we still haven't confirmed that diamond can be cut, and with the advent of Haki, cutting an element seems far easier than cutting a diamond. So, I am interested to see what Oda does with this fruit and how it will stack up against Mihawk.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 12:37   Link #29
AceD
See You En' Tee
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: England
Age: 27
hmm if all the commanders are in action now, what of the rest of the Shichibukai twiddling there thumbs. All to jump WB? Luffy and Jimbei to fight them? I'd assume Hancock and Crocodile will swap sides aswell.

also Smoker lurking around aswell!
__________________
.
AceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 12:39   Link #30
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It's hard to say from the spoilers what Marco's power actually is. Somehow it is able to stop an entire barrage of Light attacks from Kizaru, so it can't be as simple as, to use your words, a spark spark fruit (how and why would any flame based attack stop a fast beam of light?). No, to defeat light, however briefly (since I expect Marco will probably not be enough to combat an Admiral all by his lonesome).

Maybe the blue flams that emit from his body are resulted from absorbing the Light blast and converting the energy into thermal energy? It could be that he is taking the quanta of Kizaru's attack, breaking it down, and emiting it out of his body as thermal energy in the colour of a blue flame which indicates high-frequency light waves...or something like that ? So, Marco would be able to take any attack and then convert whatever energy is thrown at him (kinetic) and convert it into thermal energy - heat, which is then released from his body as a flame, and the colour of the flame indicates the frequency/wavelength of the attack.

Or maybe I just want somethig more interesting than a spark spark fruit .


Well, I already said that I could be entirely wrong about this, but.....




Anyway, when I read "blue flames" the first thing that came to my mind was the fire emitted from matches/lighters/Bunson burners, hence my idea of Marco having eaten the "spark" fruit. Like he'd literally be a human piece of flint or something, I guess. As to how a power like that can stop Kizaru's attacks, well..... I dunno. I guess he'd just be that strong, maybe?


Well, I still rather like the idea, myself.







Quote:
As for Jozu's diamond ability, we still haven't confirmed that diamond can be cut, and with the advent of Haki, cutting an element seems far easier than cutting a diamond. So, I am interested to see what Oda does with this fruit and how it will stack up against Mihawk.



I see things the opposite way: I think that cutting diamond would be the first step towards cutting the immaterial (or "elements", in this case). So when we most likely see Mihawk slash through Jozu's diamond body, we'll get a better idea of just how far Zoro currently is from his level......




....But I still imagine that Jozu would put up a pretty good fight, though. I mean, a diamond power would basically make him like a Daz 2.0 or something.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 12:57   Link #31
Vree
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Haha! So Mihawk can't even cut diamond? Laaaaame ;p

He should have invested in that new diamond sword on sale...If only it wasn't so expensive!
Vree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 13:10   Link #32
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Whoa, I nearly missed this one from the last page:


Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Zoans suck.

Why are ppl so eager to see more zoans? Just for variation's sake?

:/


Now see, I was actually pretty close to having this same opinion about Zoans myself before we found out about Ancient and Awakened Zoans. Thanks to that, Oda just opened up several new possibilities for Zoan users. That's why I'm hoping to see some appear during this war (including the small chance that Akainu is one of them). It's about time for us to finally see some Zoans that DON'T play second fiddle to even the strongest of Paramecias and Logias.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 13:16   Link #33
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It's hard to say from the spoilers what Marco's power actually is. Somehow it is able to stop an entire barrage of Light attacks from Kizaru, so it can't be as simple as, to use your words, a spark spark fruit (how and why would any flame based attack stop a fast beam of light?). No, to defeat light, however briefly (since I expect Marco will probably not be enough to combat an Admiral all by his lonesome).

Maybe the blue flams that emit from his body are resulted from absorbing the Light blast and converting the energy into thermal energy? It could be that he is taking the quanta of Kizaru's attack, breaking it down, and emiting it out of his body as thermal energy in the colour of a blue flame which indicates high-frequency light waves...or something like that ? So, Marco would be able to take any attack and then convert whatever energy is thrown at him (kinetic) and convert it into thermal energy - heat, which is then released from his body as a flame, and the colour of the flame indicates the frequency/wavelength of the attack.

Or maybe I just want somethig more interesting than a spark spark fruit .

As for Jozu's diamond ability, we still haven't confirmed that diamond can be cut, and with the advent of Haki, cutting an element seems far easier than cutting a diamond. So, I am interested to see what Oda does with this fruit and how it will stack up against Mihawk.
There is 'popular' theory in AP that it would actually be gas-fruit.

This actually does have some sense if you think about it

-If you have gas owen or gas grill you can see that flames are blue

-Remember Skypiea? Wiper with burn-bazooka and those burn swords? Wiper explained that they were actually gas-dial weapons who emitted flammable gas that when ignited it burned with blue flame burning through most matter.

We have seen quite alot of blue flames in OP, mostly in Skypiea though where gas powered weapons were quite popular along shandians.

Personally I found this theory most plausible since Marco emits flames that specially are burning with blue fire, I guess he is some kind of gas-gas devil fruit user, I expect him being similar paramecia as Magellan but he could be logia aswell.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 13:22   Link #34
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Thumbs down

I'm LOL at most forums going into a frenzy about Joz blocking Mihawks shot, that was intended for a Newagte and claiming Mihawk is weak. The funny thing is that there seriously calling hawk eye's weak and are not joking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
I can never tell whether you're being sarcastic or not.
Follow the thumbs.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 13:27   Link #35
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
^A gas fruit would be interesting, but the colour flame that occurs depends on the molecules that are produced during combustion (a chemical reaction). CH and C2 will readily produce blue flames, for instance. And, of course, the colour will change if something other than carbon-based fuel is used. Blue flames can also indicate temperture, but that has to do with which colour light comes from hot soot particles rather than chemical reactions.

But, Gas wouldn't really do anything to Light. Light certainly can cause a chemical reaction in the gas, but I am unsure how or why blue flame would be produced.

Last edited by james0246; 2009-08-04 at 13:40.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 13:33   Link #36
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
A gas fruit ability came to my mind as well, but I think Smoker kind of already has that power covered, does he not? So for now, I think I'll stick with my theory of Marco being a spark man.




Also, I'm hoping that we'll see Sengoku do something soon, rather than standing around and gaping at the battle in shock and awe. I believe that as the fleet admiral, he needs to pull his share of weight in this war, as well......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 13:41   Link #37
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
A gas fruit ability came to my mind as well, but I think Smoker kind of already has that power covered, does he not? So for now, I think I'll stick with my theory of Marco being a spark man.




Also, I'm hoping that we'll see Sengoku do something soon, rather than standing around and gaping at the battle in shock and awe. I believe that as the fleet admiral, he needs to pull his share of weight in this war, as well......

Gas and Smoke are quite diffrent substances, gas devilfruit would be pretty nice specially if he could control what type of gas he emits (flammable, disabling),

Kizarus light beam seems to contain heat in some account and it could light gas in flames aswell.

Well its true that if Kizaru shoots straight beam towards Whitbeard its bit difficult to think how it could disrubt beams travel, unless gas is really thick.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 13:58   Link #38
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
I'm LOL at most forums going into a frenzy about Joz blocking Mihawks shot, that was intended for a Newagte and claiming Mihawk is weak. The funny thing is that there seriously calling hawk eye's weak and are not joking about it.
The spoilers indicate that Mihawk isn't actually fighting Jozu, rather Mihawk used a long range attack against Whitebeard (that split one of the frozen tidal waves) which Jozu blocked with his body. So, next chapter, Mihawk could actually battle Whitebeard, though that is probably unlikely unless we get to see Mihawk's defeat.

btw, next issue is Akamaru Jump, one of the seasonal special issues, so no Jump next week.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 14:03   Link #39
Darmill
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

....But I still imagine that Jozu would put up a pretty good fight, though. I mean, a diamond power would basically make him like a Daz 2.0 or something.....
Well diamond-diamond fruit sounds great, since Nami would definitely fall in love with him (I already can see Nami's eyes turn into diamond as well...).
Darmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 14:24   Link #40
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I have to admit I also find it hilarious that people are already dismissing Mihawk as weak just because Jozu blocked his attack. Nevermind the fact that his attack was solely aimed at Whitebeard, as I mentioned in the previous page. And again, I quote what he said to Doflamingo:


Quote:
I just want to know. How far I am from that man.

So he was merely trying to test himself against Whitebeard, not a diamond fruit user. If that were the case, then he would have used a much more focused attack than the one he used this chapter......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.