AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-07-23, 14:06   Link #1021
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 52:
Im hoping its WWIII and no one survives that would be a fitting end.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 15:31   Link #1022
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im hoping its WWIII and no one survives that would be a fitting end.
I, too, wouldn't mind that ending though
Spoiler for Chapter 52:
__________________
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 06:22   Link #1023
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Chapter is out.
Spoiler for Chapter 52:
__________________
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 15:00   Link #1024
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Chap 22 was decent but not very good in my opinion. I enjoyed everything that didnt have to do with Kaname and Yuki. I think thats what the problems is there whole story just seems to go in circles and nothing seems to happen. Kaname continues to annoy me to know end and i still have my fingers crossed that he will die by the end of the series. Yuki continues to weak and dependent although she did show some signs of growing up near the end but that remains to be seen.

Zero is pissed off about something that i honestly feel he very well shoudl be pissed off at. This ball has the potential to bring about not only bad memories but some serious disagreements as well. However it does have the potential to bring the HA and the VC closer together and work towards peace. There is slight problem in their plans Kaname knows for sure that Zero will be there but no one has told Yuki that Zero will be there and as far as i know Yuki doesnt know squat about what Zero has been up to nor that he is going to be head of the HA eventually.

oh well at least i got to see to Ruka (though too little) that in itself is worth reading it for. However my curiosity has peeked at the habits of Purebloods looks eternity can get pretty damn boring so they just go to sleep. Id be pissed if someone woke me 200 hundred years earlier than expected lol.
Still hoping for a very bloody end. However i have changed my view both Kaname and Zero can not die because it will leave a power vacuum on both sides. However both of them can not exist in the world too much blood has been spilled. Like i said i hope Kaname goes first the more i see of his real personality the more i dislike him.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 15:19   Link #1025
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Sunshine State
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Chapter is out.
Spoiler for Chapter 52:
Took the words right out of my mouth.
I knew Kaname reminded me of someone else

Spoiler for Chapter 52:
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 20:48   Link #1026
Foreshadow
Nyaa~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Chapter is out.
Spoiler for Chapter 52:
Spoiler for Kaname:
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 07:31   Link #1027
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
Spoiler for Kaname:
Spoiler for Kaname:
__________________
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 08:35   Link #1028
equinox
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 23
Spoiler for might contain spoiler for chapter 52:
__________________
"MEMORIES ARE ALSO ALIVE, TAKAHASHI. THEY WILL ALSO GROW UP… SO WHENEVER YOU FEEL LONELY, JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES… THIS WAY, WHENEVER YOU WANT, WE WILL MEET…"
equinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 09:20   Link #1029
carmolita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tampa Florida
I disagree Kaname never interferes when it comes to yuki and zero. Many times zero should of died and kaname saved him because of yuki. It was only when zero was going to kill yuki with the bloody rose that kaname intervened.... I don't think he would have a problem if zero and yuki met either.. he foresaw all of this and accepted yuki feelings for zero. However zero would have a problem with her because he has issues with himself. We'll find out if he's worked those out at the party or not. After all he already has a list of whose going and I'm sure she's on it...And their are a lot of secrets left to be told. Chapter 52 pointed those out very clearly..
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 11:23   Link #1030
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
I disagree Kaname never interferes when it comes to yuki and zero. Many times zero should of died and kaname saved him because of yuki. It was only when zero was going to kill yuki with the bloody rose that kaname intervened.... I don't think he would have a problem if zero and yuki met either.. he foresaw all of this and accepted yuki feelings for zero. However zero would have a problem with her because he has issues with himself. We'll find out if he's worked those out at the party or not. After all he already has a list of whose going and I'm sure she's on it...And their are a lot of secrets left to be told. Chapter 52 pointed those out very clearly..
Spoiler for Kaname:
__________________
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 14:47   Link #1031
carmolita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tampa Florida
Kaname didn't say he'd kill her. He said that he wanted her to kill him if she left, and that she has power over him. But I also think thats his way of proving to her that he loves her since she thinks he is joking all the time. Yuki just reciprocated the feelings that she feels the same way, but I don't think it's that extreme. Zero isn't the type of person that can be controlled you must give him credit. Everything that zero has done was of his own free will- kaname merely gave him the power to do that.
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 10:48   Link #1032
equinox
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
Kaname didn't say he'd kill her. He said that he wanted her to kill him if she left, and that she has power over him.
Kaname actually said that he would kill her!!! he said that he either would kill her or she should kill him instead... IMO that means that he thinks that he can't live without her but also can't stand the fact her being together with another man...

but i don't think that he would be able to kill her... i think if she would chose zero over kaname then it would be more likely that he would try to kill zero...

No matter how the story continues, i think in the end we will have a fight between zero and kaname and yuki will chose one of them over the other

And i think the pureblood family which wanted to fall asleep for 500 years will play a bigger role and i have the feeling that behind that door of the mansion, where kaname and yuki live, lies the body of the ancestor of the kuran family...

I'm glad that in next chapter we'll finally have an encounter between yuki and zero... and it will be an extra long chapter.. yaay can't wait till next month
__________________
"MEMORIES ARE ALSO ALIVE, TAKAHASHI. THEY WILL ALSO GROW UP… SO WHENEVER YOU FEEL LONELY, JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES… THIS WAY, WHENEVER YOU WANT, WE WILL MEET…"
equinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 22:16   Link #1033
carmolita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tampa Florida
@equinox
Kaname did not say he would kill her. Please don't take this the wrong way, but you are reading way to much into it/something.. Kaname said (simply put)that he would rather die than be alone/without her and if so he would rather/wants to die by her hand.. and that he would do anything she asked of him...That is his confession of his feelings for her~ No where in chapter 52 does he say that he would kill her...It's not even implied...
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 23:00   Link #1034
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
@equinox
Kaname did not say he would kill her. Please don't take this the wrong way, but you are reading way to much into it/something.. Kaname said (simply put)that he would rather die than be alone/without her and if so he would rather/wants to die by her hand.. and that he would do anything she asked of him...That is his confession of his feelings for her~ No where in chapter 52 does he say that he would kill her...It's not even implied...
Chapter 52, Page 9: If the only option I had was to lose you then I...I would prefer death instead, be it yours by my hand or..."

It's outright stated. Though I tend to agree with Equinox that he'd probably try to kill Zero instead.
__________________
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 05:19   Link #1035
carmolita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tampa Florida
I stand corrected, but that line has no meaning it's more of him trying to get her attention because she is not taking him seriously (like an attention grabber) - than it actually having any meaning, or implications if you read further what he really wants is to die at her hands not the other way around. He'd never kill her when he's been sworn to protect her for eternity..Again don't read to much into to that-vica versa w/zero-It's a way of taking someone to one extreme to see your point of view....Neither one of them would kill her unless they had a death wish of being killed by cross kaien...
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 20:05   Link #1036
Mirakuru
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
The latest chapters of Vampire Knight are really building up my anticipation for future shifts in the plot. =] I haven't been in the VK subforum for a while so I guess I'll just sum up some of my thoughts. I'm so glad that Zero has overcome (at least that's what it looks like by judging his outward manners and appearance) some of his hatred and sadness over this past year and the fact that he is going to be the future Head of the Hunters' Association really speaks for the progress he's made. =D I was a bit surprised with how Yuuki still seemed insecure with Kaname after they've been living with each other for such a long period of time, but it looks like the recent chapter eased some of the tension that had been keeping the two from developing a closer relationship. =P I'm really really excited to see the vampire/hunter meeting as well as the dynamics that will take place between the two 'representatives' of each side. ;] Though I'm sure Zero & Kaname will be a lot more cooperative with each other based on their current circumstances, and I would actually love to see them openly supporting and helping one another. XD;; And I'm also curious about Zero's reaction when he sees Yuuki at the party... and vice versa. D: Even though Zero has thankfully moved on from all the trauma that's been haunting his life, he really is alone now. =[ Ichiru's not there anymore, and while Yuuki still has feelings for him, she's staying by Kaname's side. I'm glad though that he'll have the support of the Hunters' Association as well as the guidance of Yagari and Kaien. :]

And to wrap up my post (since it's beginning to get long XD), I'm also really interested in learning about Kaname's past life. D: So far the whole topic has been shrouded in mystery, and I wonder if it'll be a problem of conflict in the future... as in, if past enemies or something of the sort will start appearing again. And I also want to know the whole deal between Sara and Takuma... I hope he's not willingly staying with her. Sara kinda creeps me out. =.=;; haha.
__________________

Last edited by Mirakuru; 2009-08-07 at 02:38. Reason: just nitpicking about grammar errors ^^;
Mirakuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 02:08   Link #1037
BadtheGuy
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I gotta agree with Slick and Equinox. So not much more to really say on the forced Yuuki-Kaname issue.

Quote:
I think Yuki resolution will be as hollow as her last one. It's one thing to come to a resolution of your own accord its quite another to get sweet talked into it. She might tell herself she's accepted it but I don't see it being true.
Bingo.
When will cute little Yuuki wake up and take hold of her life? She's being strung around like a puppet. Her entire being right now seems little more than a lie. A false understanding of herself pushed on to her by her do-no-wrongs 'brother' and his subtle manipulations and murmurings. It feels like she is simply grasping on to what he says and what she thinks is right about herself, what she feels is her role and position as a pureblood is. ( Reinforced by Kaname telling her how it is and should be )

She trusts Kaname to a fault and it's blinding her so much that she can't look in the mirror and accept her own judgments of herself. She knows that Zero is important to her and her human life is every bit a part of her now as her vampire is but she fights to suppress it. Until she takes control and accepts herself in it's entirety, I can't see her making a resolute and accurate decision.

God damn it. I feel like she is just a person afloat on a raft in the sea and is just being taken where the current pulls her. She has no control and her feet aren't on anything solid.

All this negativity toward Yuuki is leaving me with hopes that when she finally wakes the hell up, it will be a grand and uplifting revelation. The start of a new attitude and development in her character.

It better happen soon before she falls in to a pit of spikes and it's game over. I give it another 20 chapters or so before it happens if it does. >_> Then hopefully we will see a likable heroine for the rest of the series.

It would be nice to see some more of the Hunter's. So much they could do with them. Where are the cute female Hunter's for Zero?

Oh- since someone mentioned it. Ichijou may not be getting along with Sarah or whatever the woman's name is. Knowing him, he's plotting something to betray her/help Kaname and please his master and God. You know he worships Kaname.

Or, she's just using her pureblood power and is controlling him. This seems more likely, and more interesting.
BadtheGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 12:56   Link #1038
equinox
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 23
I agree that Yuki needs to stay on her own feet.. and that's why i think she will end up with zero in the end... she loves both kaname and zero.. but when she's together with zero she is more like herself... i don't know why.. maybe because they know each other since their childhood?
__________________
"MEMORIES ARE ALSO ALIVE, TAKAHASHI. THEY WILL ALSO GROW UP… SO WHENEVER YOU FEEL LONELY, JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES… THIS WAY, WHENEVER YOU WANT, WE WILL MEET…"
equinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 16:15   Link #1039
Zestelne
Devious Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: England
Send a message via MSN to Zestelne
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadtheGuy View Post
1-Zero with Yuuki
2-Yuuki alone and running from Zero
3-Zero killing Yuuki and Kaname together Romeo and Juliet style tragedy.
4-Other
4 - Kaname and Zero get together instead, cause they're both too hot for Yuuki.

...What? :'D

I really don't think it'll end with Yuuki and Kaname together forever, to be honest. If it was destined to be that way then why would the manga continue? A different ending writing off Zero from potentially coming back and killing them would have happened and whee, manga ended. It's boring for everyone if Zero is defeated and Yuuki just goes back to being with Kaname. There's no spice in a storyline like that x3.

Not sure whether Zero will kill them, one of them, or whether Yuuki would leave at her own accord - but I can't see this ending with Yuuki and Kaname being together @_@. We'll see...
Zestelne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 16:31   Link #1040
lovecakecookies
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Chapter 52, Page 9: If the only option I had was to lose you then I...I would prefer death instead, be it yours by my hand or..."

It's outright stated. Though I tend to agree with Equinox that he'd probably try to kill Zero instead.

I agree it was outright stated... he basically threatened her

and supposedly its more clear in Japanese, I think its just the way it was translated (nothing against the translator, shes awesome)
__________________
lovecakecookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
manga

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.