AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-07-06, 01:22   Link #61
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest18
like shareaza ,after few minutes of download
I cant use the internet already

everysingle page wont load ,any remedy ?
Try decreasing the number of connections in Configuration:Transfer to about 50 per torrent.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-08, 05:40   Link #62
guest18
my mother !!!

that help abit ...
still experiance randomly that internet cannot be used
sigh

anyway ,is there way to limit the bandwith used by azureus
I experiance random gpf when the speed goes too high for a pre-long period
wonder ... maybe it is win98se limitation
Old 2004-07-08, 07:14   Link #63
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest18
that help abit ...
still experiance randomly that internet cannot be used
sigh

anyway ,is there way to limit the bandwith used by azureus
I experiance random gpf when the speed goes too high for a pre-long period
wonder ... maybe it is win98se limitation
AFAIK Win98SE has problems with too many internet connections at once. So you could decrease the number of connections again, but that will affect your download negatively - I guess.

To limit both the download and upload speed go to Configuration:Transfer. (The first two boxes)

To limit the download speed of a torrent only, double click on the torrent in the My Torrents Tab and input the download cap on the right hand side.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?

Old 2004-07-08, 19:24   Link #64
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
After ive completed downloading any update for Azurues and i have to restart it, the program always freezes when it starts loading "azupdater". What should I do.
Old 2004-07-09, 02:10   Link #65
anime_fan

Smile

I wanted to check if my safepeer is working. However, I could not find the list showing IPs that are being blocked. Could anyone tell me how to get the list? Thank you.
anime_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 04:29   Link #66
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayamaneko
After ive completed downloading any update for Azurues and i have to restart it, the program always freezes when it starts loading "azupdater". What should I do.
Does it freeze or does it the bar progress so slowly that you didn't wait long enough (the files are most likely torrents themselves NOT HTTP)? If it still not progresses after like 5-10min, you can do a manual update:

Get the Azureus2.1.0.4.jar from here. Rename the file to Azureus2.jar and put it in your Azureus folder (overwrite the old one). That's it.
(Once again: The update file is most likely a torrent file - that's why it takes so long and it appears that Azureus freezes)

EDIT: I just realized that updating the Azureus2.jar does work with your Azureus and the Azureus Updater Plugin causes the troubles. Well, I won't remove the instructions above because they apply to the Azureus Updater Plugin as well (being a torrent and such). Nevertheless, here are the instructions on how to manually update the Plugin.

Download the latest Azupdater here. Extract the content ofs the files in the Plugins\azupdater\ folder. (Extract without the folders, only the files)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_fan
I wanted to check if my safepeer is working. However, I could not find the list showing IPs that are being blocked. Could anyone tell me how to get the list? Thank you.
There are multiple ways of seeing if the Plugin is correctly installed:

1: Look at the bottom of the Azureus window. There should be something like <Date> IPs: XXX - 0/0/0 (XXX being the number of IPs to be blocked)
Spoiler:

2: Check in Configuration:Plugins if a SafePeer Plugin is mentioned as loaded, i.e SafePeer 2.0 beta 2.0 (safepeer) [shared]

3: Check if there are IPs listed in Configuration:IP filters

Old 2004-07-09, 20:25   Link #67
anime_fan

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
There are multiple ways of seeing if the Plugin is correctly installed:

1: Look at the bottom of the Azureus window. There should be something like <Date> IPs: XXX - 0/0/0 (XXX being the number of IPs to be blocked)
Spoiler:

2: Check in Configuration:Plugins if a SafePeer Plugin is mentioned as loaded, i.e SafePeer 2.0 beta 2.0 (safepeer) [shared]

3: Check if there are IPs listed in Configuration:IP filters
I have followed your instructions and extract them in Azureus\Plugins folder. However, my safepeer is not working. After I have extracted the files from the safepeer_2.0.zip, the contents in have in the plugins folder are azplugins, azupdater and those files extracted from the safepeer zip file [ blocklist.properties, history, license, plugin.properties, readme, safepeer.properties, safepeer_2.0]. Could I know what's the fault? Thank you.
anime_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 03:36   Link #68
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_fan
I have followed your instructions and extract them in Azureus\Plugins folder. However, my safepeer is not working. After I have extracted the files from the safepeer_2.0.zip, the contents in have in the plugins folder are azplugins, azupdater and those files extracted from the safepeer zip file [ blocklist.properties, history, license, plugin.properties, readme, safepeer.properties, safepeer_2.0]. Could I know what's the fault? Thank you.
Put the files in a folder called safepeer and place it in the Plugins folder. It will look like this then:
Path\to\Azureus\Plugins\safepeer\ [ blocklist.properties, history, license, plugin.properties, readme, safepeer.properties, safepeer_2.0]

Old 2004-07-12, 22:48   Link #69
Edgewalker
Nani ?

sorry about crosposting ... most people end up ignoring me . Ill delete this post then .

Oh , and I managed to fix it after 3 hours of research ... it turns out that this specific NSIS error is a problem with faulty / poor programing on microsofts part and its a common error to face with win 98 SE ... rather then recognizing NSIS needs an update windows thinks it is a virus or corrupt or at least thats what I was told on the NSIS forum .

In order to fix it (for anyone else whoever has the problem that can be found in sins link ) you must

-uninstal Gspot ( if you have it )
-uninstal kazaa and kazaa lite
-go to the NSIS homepage ( search for NSIS on google its the first thing that comes up ) and download the latest NSIS installer , install it .
-finally , redownload all NSIS related installer's

Hope this helps someone else out there .

Last edited by Xenojjin; 2004-07-13 at 10:26.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 04:29   Link #70
anime_layer
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to anime_layer
@Xenojjin
It means exactly what it says: You didn't download the installer correctly and now it's either corrupted or incomplete.
When you download it, you should get a list of mirrors. Chose another than the one you did download from before and save the file to another location. Also try to clear you browser's cache first. If that doesn't help, try other mirrors and other browsers. I had that happen to me before but I got it solved by doing this.
Old 2004-07-13, 08:20   Link #71
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Xenojjin, please do not crosspost. Either post here in this thread (which I'd prefer since it's a thread about Azureus) or somewhere else but not in both ^_^.

That being said, I'd second anime_layer's advice.

Old 2004-07-13, 22:37   Link #72
nine-tails

Does Azureus have viruses?

i need to ask u a question
does azureus have viruses?
thanx
Old 2004-07-13, 23:38   Link #73
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

First of all, "To Sin" isn't much of a title. It is possible that other people can answer your question so you would be better off titling this "Does Azureus have viruses." I'd retitle the thread if I really thought that the question was well asked.

I have no idea why you are asking this weird question. If you download it from the official Azureus site at http://azureus.sourceforge.net/ then it is not a trojan for a virus, but if you download it from any other location all bets are off.

A more intelligent question would be to ask if Azureus has adware or spyware associated with it. The answer to that question is NO. At least not if you download the official program from http://azureus.sourceforge.net/ otherwise it might.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 01:03   Link #74
Doppelganger
Lazy Undergraduate

Send a message via ICQ to Doppelganger Send a message via AIM to Doppelganger
Whenever I see a title like this...

It screams out at me: USE PM

But the answer is no, Azureus doesn't have any spyware, viruses, trojans, or malware associated with it.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 07:33   Link #75
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Just to make sure:

Azureus from azureus.sourceforge.net does not have any viruses or other malicious stuff.

Azureus from other sites (i.e. Azureus.org) DOES have trojans.

nine-tails, next time you want to direct a question to me use PM or post in the Azureus thread if the question is about Azureus.

Old 2004-07-20, 16:08   Link #76
acrespo

I have two questions about Azureus:

1-) How many time Azureus do a automatically scrape a torrent? Can I change this?

2-) I am seeding many torrents (more then 20) and sometimes I see:
Peers column shows 1 (0) -> 1 active and 0 swarm
Seeds = 0 (1) -> 0 active but I am a seeder and 1 in swarm.

If I enter in tracker page I see the correct information. If I did a manual scrape, the information is not updating.
acrespo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 16:56   Link #77
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrespo
1-) How many time Azureus do a automatically scrape a torrent? Can I change this?
Yes, you can; Look in Configuration:Tracker. Refer to the first post of the thread for further information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrespo
2-) I am seeding many torrents (more then 20) and sometimes I see:
Peers column shows 1 (0) -> 1 active and 0 swarm
Seeds = 0 (1) -> 0 active but I am a seeder and 1 in swarm.

If I enter in tracker page I see the correct information. If I did a manual scrape, the information is not updating.
I can't tell you what's wrong with Peers 1 (0) because that translates to: Connected to 1 of 0 peers. It's a minor bug though since it does not affect the download/upload at all.
Regarding the "Seeds 0 (1)" thingy: Your computer won't be counted to the swarm since the numbers show only the peers/seeds you can practically connect to. It makes no sense to connect to yourself, now does it?
Simplified example:
You are the only one in a dead torrent meaning there are 0 seeds and 0 peers except for you. That's what you will get: Peers 0 (0) and Seeds 0 (0) since it will make no sense by adding yourself to the Peers number it's left out. On the contrary, if your computer would be counted in to the Peers number, you'd wonder why you can't connect to that damn Peer that's in the swarm. Get where I'm going at?

Old 2004-07-20, 16:58   Link #78
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Edit: Too slow by 2 mins; I guess I should know better.
Quote:
I can't tell you what's wrong with Peers 1 (0) because that translates to: Connected to 1 of 0 peers. It's a minor bug though since it does not affect the download/upload at all.
I'm guessing this is becuase of Azureus's ability save peer addresses. The number in parenthesis is only counting the peers in the swarm (excluding you) even if you cannot connect to them.

The one peer you are connected to is an address cached by Azureus whose connection to the tracker has been interupted but is still accepting connections.
Old 2004-07-20, 17:02   Link #79
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeinikuSuki
Edit: Too slow by 2 mins; I guess I should know better.
True, true

Spoiler:

Old 2004-07-20, 17:45   Link #80
acrespo

Quote:
Yes, you can; Look in Configuration:Tracker. Refer to the first post of the thread for further information.
Ok, but this settings affect only my tracker or all trackers I am seeding/leeching?
acrespo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outdated guide, wiki candidate