AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-05, 19:19   Link #101
AnbuItachi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Besides Whitebeard of course, it doesn't really matter who Mihawk's opponent is since they are there to job to him anyways. Mihawk is only destined to lose to Zoro much later on, so he's not going to be defeated by anyone but him. If Mihawk vs. Jozu does happen, I think it will be a really interesting match. Jozu would be sure to put up a really good fight and Mihawk would most likely have to put in a decent amount of effort to take him out. I can't wait to see the match ups Oda has in store for us .
but i think he should be able to take on Jozu and then move on to a couple more strong folks before the war ends. if he fights jozu for the whole war and then sits out for the rest due to tiredness.... thats be very bad on his image hahah
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 19:20   Link #102
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
Yea i agree Mihawk should take down one of the big names to make zoro's dream look good, (as well as shanks fighting skills). However, the only big name on WB's side is.... whitebeard. Next comes Marco and then Jozu if the divisions captains are ranked based on power level.

I think when Mihawk said he wants to see how far he is from that man, he meant that hes never fought him before and just want to see how he compares to him. It doesn't necessarily mean hes stating that he's weaker.

It'd be interesting with Strongest Man with one of the strongest DF vs Strongest Swordsman with the strongest sword.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
but i think he should be able to take on Jozu and then move on to a couple more strong folks before the war ends. if he fights jozu for the whole war and then sits out for the rest due to tiredness.... thats be very bad on his image hahah
^Exactly....I see you follow story points!!

I was wondering where was Smoker at in the pics, guess we have to wait for him.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 20:38   Link #103
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Please stop trying to take shots at Bleach, to pump up One Piece, since this Manga has been on the suck wagon for a long while. Just because the slug Oda has one foot off the garbage wagon, and one foot in the "We finally getting some where boat" don't mean you can go fire off, for the Oda could always plant both feet back on the garbage wagon, like he has done many times in the past, Heck hes stays consistent in that department, especially when it comes to good big battles, lets hope he can break that.
Bleach sucks.

Theres a reason why there is a page in the Bleach subforum called 'what went wrong in Bleach', and that it reaches 19 PAGES with 350+ posts and 19k+ views. There is also a reason why there isn't such a thread in either the OP or Naruto subforums (or in fact anywhere else).

Quote:
Mihawk is only destined to lose to Zoro much later on, so he's not going to be defeated by anyone but him
That is actually not true. Since Jozu is not a swordsman, Mihawk could lose to him and still keep his title, so there is actually nothing wrong with that.

I think people are overestimating Mihawk a little here and underestimating Jozu.

Quote:
It doesn't necessarily mean hes stating that he's weaker.
..

WhiteBeard's title is 'the strongest man in the world'. That means that EVERYONE else is weaker by default, and since Mihawk is a part of 'everyone else', I'd say yes he is necessarily weaker.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 21:01   Link #104
Hisoka??
Ultra noob
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
people just seem to like the idea of strong non DF users with haki atmo :s
Actually I just like the idea of strong non-df users.

There are lots of ways to do so. Like what apparently mihawk and zoro does, or just using seastones. I feel seastones have not been used or explored adequately. They were introduced as anti-DF and smoker had one as a weapon, but oda just left it as such.

I'm still not very sold on the idea of haki as the "Force" of the one-piece universe.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 21:03   Link #105
Hisoka??
Ultra noob
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
but i think he should be able to take on Jozu and then move on to a couple more strong folks before the war ends. if he fights jozu for the whole war and then sits out for the rest due to tiredness.... thats be very bad on his image hahah
He could just decide to take it easy and sit out most of the fights. Actually so could most of the shicibukai. They were sort of forced there, and they don't have real loyalty to the world government. It's actually pretty unlikely they will do their best.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 21:18   Link #106
AnbuItachi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Bleach sucks.

Theres a reason why there is a page in the Bleach subforum called 'what went wrong in Bleach', and that it reaches 19 PAGES with 350+ posts and 19k+ views. There is also a reason why there isn't such a thread in either the OP or Naruto subforums (or in fact anywhere else).



That is actually not true. Since Jozu is not a swordsman, Mihawk could lose to him and still keep his title, so there is actually nothing wrong with that.

I think people are overestimating Mihawk a little here and underestimating Jozu.



..

WhiteBeard's title is 'the strongest man in the world'. That means that EVERYONE else is weaker by default, and since Mihawk is a part of 'everyone else', I'd say yes he is necessarily weaker.
Or it could mean he has the most physical strength lol.

It's like the strongest man in the world vs the fastest man in the world...
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 21:26   Link #107
Hisoka??
Ultra noob
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
Or it could mean he has the most physical strength lol.

It's like the strongest man in the world vs the fastest man in the world...
it has been discussed before, from what I recall, japanese has different words for physical strength and being the best fighter.

However, there could be some blurring between being the best fighter/warrior vs being the strongest person in terms of having the strongest army/connections. (i.e. US president is probably one of the most powerful person, but as a fighter he need not be the strongest.)
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 21:45   Link #108
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
That is actually not true. Since Jozu is not a swordsman, Mihawk could lose to him and still keep his title, so there is actually nothing wrong with that.
Mihawk is the ultimate goal of Zoro, and if he were to lose to Jozu, his reputation would be undermined to say the least. From the very beginning, Mihawk has been set up to be one of the elites in the One Piece universe. Having him suffer a defeat before his inevitable confrontation with Zoro in the future would derogate his status. Moreover, considering how Mihawk is the "Strongest Swordsman in the World" and has more significance to the overall story than Jozu, it can be asserted that he would emerge the victor if they were to duel each other.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 21:56   Link #109
Hisoka??
Ultra noob
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Mihawk is the ultimate goal of Zoro, and if he were to lose to Jozu, his reputation would be undermined to say the least. From the very beginning, Mihawk has been set up to be one of the elites in the One Piece universe. Having him suffer a defeat before his inevitable confrontation with Zoro in the future would derogate his status. Moreover, considering how Mihawk is the "Strongest Swordsman in the World" and has more significance to the overall story than Jozu, it can be asserted that he would emerge the victor if they were to duel each other.
mihawk losing before fighting zoro is fine if handled well.

But as you said it's unlikely to be losing to jozu.

For example, he could lose to whitebeard or even to a team up by 10 VAs (after doing good dmg) and it would be fine.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 22:00   Link #110
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Mihawk is the ultimate goal of Zoro, and if he were to lose to Jozu, his reputation would be undermined to say the least. From the very beginning, Mihawk has been set up to be one of the elites in the One Piece universe. Having him suffer a defeat before his inevitable confrontation with Zoro in the future would derogate his status. Moreover, considering how Mihawk is the "Strongest Swordsman in the World" and has more significance to the overall story than Jozu, it can be asserted that he would emerge the victor if they were to duel each other.
While I completely agree that the conclusion of such a fight will inevitably be Mihawk as the winner, I do think that Jozu's showing is such a fight could be far greater than we currently think. As I said earlier, Jozu undoubtedly knows who Mihawk is (they could even potentially have a history together), so while Mihawk can undoubtedly cut diamond, I expect Jozu to have some sort of countermeasure to fight such an attack. For instance, Maybe Jozu's DF is actually some form of Aggregated Diamond Nanorods (which can even cut diamonds) or a Polyyne (which are about 40 times 'harder' than diamonds) or maybe the fruit can allow the user to turn into diamond or one of these materials. Or maybe he simply uses Haki to boost his defense.

Whatever the case, I do expect, if they fight, for the battle to be far harsher and more difficult than simply Mihawk slashing Jozu once.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 22:48   Link #111
AnbuItachi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
If Mihawks sword has sea stones in it, wouldn't he be able to cut it with ease? Then again it probably doesn't have sea stones
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 23:35   Link #112
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Bleach sucks.
Your from AP.

Nuff said.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 23:38   Link #113
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Land of tha Heartless
Age: 26
A lot's been said about Jozu and Mihawk's fight.

I wonder what ol' man Newgate is going to do, since his men seem to be taking care of some big fish. He might go straight for Ace, but then where does Luffy play into this?
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 23:40   Link #114
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
I wonder what ol' man Newgate is going to do, since his men seem to be taking care of some big fish. He might go straight for Ace, but then where does Luffy play into this?
Stay lost, that is Luffy's role and destiny, it must be fulfilled.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 23:44   Link #115
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Your from AP.

Nuff said.
Actually I don't even have an account on AP.

Quote:
Stay lost, that is his role.
You're not witty.

Quote:
Mihawk has been set up to be one of the elites in the One Piece universe
Yes he has, but so is Jozu. Hes no pushover.

Quote:
While I completely agree that the conclusion of such a fight will inevitably be Mihawk as the winner
Its likely that Mihawk won't even end up fighting Jozu. I think Oda will swap the fights, just like he did during the CP9 arc.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 23:46   Link #116
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Actually I don't even have an account on AP.
You Might as well.

Quote:
You're not witty.
Says the guy who is lacking in the wit department.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Besides Whitebeard of course, it doesn't really matter who Mihawk's opponent is since they are there to job to him anyways. Mihawk is only destined to lose to Zoro much later on, so he's not going to be defeated by anyone but him. If Mihawk vs. Jozu does happen, I think it will be a really interesting match. Jozu would be sure to put up a really good fight and Mihawk would most likely have to put in a decent amount of effort to take him out. I can't wait to see the match ups Oda has in store for us .
IMO I don't think Mihawk would let what Joz did slide. Thus a battle (that won't really be a battle) between the too, with Hawk Eye's as the victor not really reveling much about his prowess, Which is what I expect from Oda. If Oda makes Mihawk work for a win against a guy he should be able to crush with no problems, just to keep things interesting, it will stain Hawk Eyes image.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-08-06 at 00:14. Reason: Oooooooooooooooon
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 00:26   Link #117
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
Stay lost, that is Luffy's role and destiny, it must be fulfilled.
I predict that by the end of this arc Luffy will have actually hit a Logia user (most probably Smoker, but it would be interesting if he struck Kizaru with a serious blow) at least once without using their weakness. I don't know how this is going to happen (obviously Haki will be involved, but the context for its release is a little unpredictable), but I expect one debilitating hit if nothing else.

Luffy has to show at least one solid improvement, even if it is something he has to train to get better at, before the end of this arc, or else his journey to the New World will be a little unrealistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Its likely that Mihawk won't even end up fighting Jozu. I think Oda will swap the fights, just like he did during the CP9 arc.
I understand your point (and I agree with it in this case), but, just to clarify, it was pretty obvious from the start of the Enies Lobby arc who would fight who (what with the rankings that Oda assigned the individual CP9). The only real questions (after Blueno was defeated early on) were whether or not Franky would fight, and if he did would it be a tag team match or would Usopp or Chopper sit the fight out (Usopp sat the fight out, and he came back in a big way in the Thriller Bark arc).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 00:49   Link #118
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
That is actually not true. Since Jozu is not a swordsman, Mihawk could lose to him and still keep his title, so there is actually nothing wrong with that.

I think people are overestimating Mihawk a little here and underestimating Jozu.
I totally agree with that. People in this thread just overestimate Mihawk power I mean, we're talking about Jozu here, it's the third WB commander division and I really don't think that Mihawk can win so easly against him. And I hope that, if Mihawk win, it will be really difficult for him.

And if WB must fight someone, it's either Sengoku or Garp, not Mihawk.

And just one last thing : Strongest man != Strongest swordman !
__________________
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 00:58   Link #119
TreasureIsle
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Zoans suck.

Why are ppl so eager to see more zoans? Just for variation's sake?

:/
Dude. Zoans don't suck. Just because you don't like them, doesn't mean they suck. :| Jeez!
Zoans are the best when it comes to hand to hand combat.
TreasureIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 01:00   Link #120
mr.muscles
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: west coast is where i live and it can't be beat no matter what.
if mihawk fought shanks, when he had two arms, and tied with him and shanks can fight wb with some degree of equality, with one arm. and if jozu did give mihawk a run for his money it would mean that jozu is at a close lvl or equal to shanks and shanks is a yonkou. i just don't think that jozu is that strong even if he is 3rd division commander of wb


I think there should be more zoans personally cause that would give chopper some one to over come and some one to learn from
__________________
Com on wanre niht scridan sceadugenga

^_^
mr.muscles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.