AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-01, 13:39   Link #1
CeDeR
forever hung over

Question looking for something specific

Hey, im looking for something psychological, paranormal ...something like
Ghost hound it would be cool if the anime is about Out of body experiences, lucid dreaming, alternate realities, hallucinations, altered perceptions or something fucked up.
Examples: Lain, Ghost hound, Boogiepop phantom, Perfect blue,paprika, paranoioa agent, cat soup etc..
A list of what ive seen... http://www.anime-planet.com/users/CeDeR/anime
BTW weird animation or drawing style is a plus. (ie Mononoke)

Thnx CeDeR

Last edited by CeDeR; 2009-08-01 at 14:13.
Old 2009-08-01, 13:49   Link #2
Haak
Forever Alone...

The only thing I can recommend would be Texhnolyze.

But it only becomes apparent in the final episodes. It is a major mindfuck.
Old 2009-08-01, 14:09   Link #3
CeDeR
forever hung over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
The only thing I can recommend would be Texhnolyze.

But it only becomes apparent in the final episodes. It is a major mindfuck.
thnx ive seen it
Old 2009-08-01, 15:38   Link #4
Slick_rick

Only thing I can think of that isn't on your list is Now and Then Here and There.
Old 2009-08-01, 15:42   Link #5
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

Clannad. It's somewhat apparent throughout the whole show, but you don't truly understand it all until the end of the second season.
Old 2009-08-01, 16:17   Link #6
CeDeR
forever hung over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Only thing I can think of that isn't on your list is Now and Then Here and There.
thnx, i think ill give it a try since u suggest it and im running out of good anime.
Old 2009-08-02, 09:48   Link #7
CeDeR
forever hung over

any more?TTT
Old 2009-08-03, 02:13   Link #8
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Ghost Hunt (You've seen it... btw, 12 Kingdoms is by the same author)
Higurashi (You've seen this too)

Zegapain you have not listed as seen. It seems straightforward at first, but isn't.

Scrapped Princess is also not on your list, so you should see it. It, too, is not quite what it appears at first.

Sorry for not being more specific, but I hate spoilers, especially in the genre you're talking about. These series are both very good. Scrapped Princess is the better of the two, but Zegapain more closely fits what you're looking for.

Noein is on your list, but you have not watched it - I suggest you do. It's odd, yet excellent quality.

Kaiba is ALSO on your list as unwatched. I cannot say I would watch it, since the animation is REALLY WEIRD and that puts me off. However, since you WANT that... other than the weirdness, it has the feeling of something extremely good, and I would have started it by now if the animation was *normal* instead of abstract.

P.S. These are not in the "altered reality" category, but:
Since you liked Elfen Lied, you should try Gunslinger Girl...
And Gintama, hmmm, try Muteki Kanban Musume, and Dai Mahou Touge. Not the same, but fun nonetheless. Oh, maybe Keroro Gunsou, too. That's actually a lot like Gintama.
And Princess Mononoke -> Seirei no Moribito. Both are incredibly good, and have a similar feel, not to mention a similar setting.
And Toradora / Lovely Complex / etc -> School Rumble. It's really freaking funny, yet touching and even sad at times, too.

Last edited by Saber Cherry; 2009-08-03 at 02:32.
Old 2009-08-03, 12:24   Link #9
CeDeR
forever hung over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber Cherry View Post
Ghost Hunt (You've seen it... btw, 12 Kingdoms is by the same author)
Higurashi (You've seen this too)

Zegapain you have not listed as seen. It seems straightforward at first, but isn't.

Scrapped Princess is also not on your list, so you should see it. It, too, is not quite what it appears at first.

Sorry for not being more specific, but I hate spoilers, especially in the genre you're talking about. These series are both very good. Scrapped Princess is the better of the two, but Zegapain more closely fits what you're looking for.

Noein is on your list, but you have not watched it - I suggest you do. It's odd, yet excellent quality.

Kaiba is ALSO on your list as unwatched. I cannot say I would watch it, since the animation is REALLY WEIRD and that puts me off. However, since you WANT that... other than the weirdness, it has the feeling of something extremely good, and I would have started it by now if the animation was *normal* instead of abstract.

P.S. These are not in the "altered reality" category, but:
Since you liked Elfen Lied, you should try Gunslinger Girl...
And Gintama, hmmm, try Muteki Kanban Musume, and Dai Mahou Touge. Not the same, but fun nonetheless. Oh, maybe Keroro Gunsou, too. That's actually a lot like Gintama.
And Princess Mononoke -> Seirei no Moribito. Both are incredibly good, and have a similar feel, not to mention a similar setting.
And Toradora / Lovely Complex / etc -> School Rumble. It's really freaking funny, yet touching and even sad at times, too.
very nice, thank you.
Old 2009-08-06, 11:14   Link #10
CeDeR
forever hung over

Bump!...........
Old 2009-08-06, 11:32   Link #11
cerrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeDeR View Post
Out of body experiences, lucid dreaming, alternate realities, hallucinations, altered perceptions or something fucked up.

Thnx CeDeR
Kurosuka
Revolutionary Girl Utena
xxxHOLIC
Ayashi no Ceres
Higashi no Eden
Pandora Hearts
Evangelion

Of those, Ayashi no Ceres and Pandora Hearts have a more tightly scripted storyline. xxxHOLIC for paranomal and philosophical. Utena and Kurosuka for mind fucks.
Closed Thread