AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-06, 03:53   Link #1
ToshiroHitsugaya
Head Captain

need a new anime

ok I have watched over 50 animes( will provide a list of the ones I liked enough to finish) and need something new to watch.

here is a list to myanimelist ( just made it today and have added about 50 so far. I know I have wacthed alot more but cant think of all their names right now)

I really like romance,comedy with something like action,supernatural or fantasy with it.

I also prefer eng dub stuff( I just like wacthing stuff in my on language) but I dont have any problem watching subed animes
Old 2009-08-06, 04:13   Link #2
mit7059

Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad - great story about a kid learning how to play a guitar and growing out of his shell
Honey & Clover My all time favorite series, very realistic and mature
Cross Game Probably the best series thus far of 2009, great baseball drama
Ookiku FurikabutteAnother baseball series, no romance here but one of my favorite series due to the high level or realism and great character interactions
Eureka Seven Probably more in line with what you've been watching, pretty good fantasy series
Full Metal Panic series - this especially looks up your alley, one of the few dubs I'll actually consider watching as well
Last Exile - Pretty much the same as above, also up there with FMP as probably the only 2 dubs I'll watch
Initial D - Drifting cars, responsible for a large portion of the interest in drifting
Major - one of the better, longer running sports animes, currently in its 5th season
Planetes - interesting look at the not-so-distant future, great plot and characters as well

Should keep you busy for a while, many of the series have dubs, but I've only ever watched the dubs of last exile and FMP and wouldn't ever recommend a dub other than those.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2009-08-06, 06:09   Link #3
blewin

I second Eureka Seven! What an awesome anime.

Rental Magica - about different magicians, fits right down to your criteria.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-08-06, 07:00   Link #4
Moresca
Doing the time-warp

You might also consider Fruits Basket maybe? Orphaned high-school girl who tries to make ends meet all by herself and is living (unnoticed for a while) in a tent somewhere on the Soohma family estate gets to meet the Soohma family members who keep a secret... Should meet the requirements of romance, a little bit of comedy and supernatural. Alas the anime ends a bit awkwardly since the manga was still ongoing when it got published.

Only subbed, with no real ending so far (still hoping for a second season here) and also a little bit short on the romance part Amatsuki might be worth a try too?
Old 2009-08-06, 07:06   Link #5
HeiriiX

Send a message via MSN to HeiriiX
If your interested in Comedy/Romance....
Fushigi Yuugi is a good one
It's got 50 episodes it's got old anime style but I think that's the best
Genres:
Romance/Comedy/Fantasy/Action
It's really good...it's what made me fall in love with anime (:
Also Ayashi No Ceres is a good one it's by the same person but it's still fantastic
Check them out!

I hoped I helped
Old 2009-08-06, 10:42   Link #6
cerrian

Considering that all the series that you scored with a 9 are shounens (Bleach, Naurto, One Piece, Dragon Ball Z), my first recommendation for you is D.Gray-man. I'm guessing with your tastes it'll fall in the 8-9 ranges.

You might also want to check out Claymore and Ghost-07 as well.
Old 2009-08-08, 10:46   Link #7
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Hmm... good or decent English dubs, and in the genre you seems to like:

Full Metal Panic: Action, Romance, Comedy

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Soft Sci-Fi, parody of many anime genre, plus some comedy and mystery, a hint of romance... yeah frankly I don't know how to describe this one- except that they love messing with the fans minds: broadcasting episodes out of order, Groundhog Day loops that last 8 episodes, an episode (the first one: "Episode 00") that was deliberately made to look like a a poor amateurish high school video project.

Shakugan no Shana: Action, Romance (Note: several voice actors are the same as in Zero no Tsukaima- no surprise as Louise is an Expy of Shana) Also- a very cool character design: "Flaming-hair, Burning-eyes Hunter" (You might want to click the link to get a picture).

Read or Die: Action Adventure

Don't know if the dubs are any good:

Hayate the Combat Butler: Comedy, Parody, Romance, Action

Stick with subs:

Cross Game: Coming of Age, Baseball

Ranma 1/2: Parody, Comedy, Martial Arts and Crafts, Romance, Action, Fantasy

Special Notes on subs:

Chrono Crusade: Action, Comedy, Tragedy, Supernatural. The dub for this one is a bit strange. The voices are fine- but the setting is 1920's America, so they decided to go ahead and use authentic 1920's American slang... so because of that lots of people hate the dub.
Old 2009-08-08, 15:32   Link #8
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Chrono Crusade's dub is awesome because they actually Did the Research, for once. It's one of the few dubs I like. People who hate it because it has 1920's slang and manner of speech are idiots, since the story... you know.... takes place in the '20s in America.