AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-09, 19:03   Link #1
Kaori

Gokusen Live Action 01 help...

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me out with this! I downloaded Gokusen Live Ep1 last night, but for some reason I can't watch it for more than three minutes or so on any of the players I have. I have the right codec, I'm sure of that. I have a 32MB card, a 2.7Ghz processor, and 512MB RAM, more than enough to play a video file. G-spot says all the codecs needed are there, so I don't know what's wrong with it. I'd guess it was the file's fault, but I haven't heard anyone else mention anything about it. o_O
Old 2004-07-10, 00:02   Link #2
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Any errors? Check event viewer for any system or application errors. Also, the file may be corrupt. Did you let BT download 100% of the file? If not, this can create some problems during playback. Try downloading it again if your can. Also what codecs do u have installed? All you need is ffdshow alpha for playback of most subs listed here.
Old 2004-07-10, 01:56   Link #3
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I have no problems with the file (Gokusen - Live Action [DonE-FoB] ep 1), so as mentioned above, your problem is due to either

(i) you haven't actually completed the download, or
(ii) it's a codec problem.

Run the torrent again and make sure it does say it's completed. Next, check your codecs. Telling us "I have the right codec, I'm sure of that" doesn't help at all because we have no clue what you do have installed. G-spot very often doesn't help in these situations either. So...

i) Download ffdshow 2004-05-20
ii) Remove all previously installed codecs you have, and I mean all.
iii) Install ffdshow.

Just in case it wasn't clear, uninstall all previously installed codecs, they only clash and interfere with each other. You only need ffdshow.

If you don't like the idea of removing all your old codecs, then don't, you may be able to resolve the problem by just updating or installing to the latest ffdshow codec (but the general consensus is to just have the one codec installed, there will be less problems that way).

Look at the stickies in this forum to find the latest version of ffdshow (see this thread).

I have just ffdshow installed and using MPC, it works just fine
Old 2004-07-10, 16:59   Link #4
mikeon

I have the same problem, the video won't run. I checked fob's website and it seems that there are some incompatabilites with their videos and those who use ffdshow.

Quote:
To fansub, we use virtualdub, virtualdubmod, substation alpha, xombiesub, and various encoding utilities. The codecs we use are xvid with beta frame decoding by divx. Hence, you need two codecs:

-xvid binary 1.0 beta 3
-DivX 5.xx Standard Free Decoder Codec

Many people use a generic xvid/divx decoder known as ffdshow but there seem to be random occurences of incompatibilities between codecs
Old 2004-07-10, 17:41   Link #5
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeon
I have the same problem, the video won't run. I checked fob's website and it seems that there are some incompatabilites with their videos and those who use ffdshow.
Well, you could always download XviD Koepi's build IF it does not playback with ffdshow. (Stay away from DivX people)
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
Old 2004-07-10, 18:46   Link #6
mikeon

i was able to fix it, downloaded ffdshow 6/29 builld and now it works
Closed Thread