AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-08-12, 21:23   Link #10401
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Just read the chapter and it was another great kick ass chapter. I liked the way Sun-Sempai just pawned that pansy siren. I have to admit Sun looked pretty cool in this chapter.

We also got some Moka and Tsukune bonding, which is always nice. No inner Moka this arc but who cares she wasn't needed because we have Sun.

Well it kinda sucks that we have to wait for an extra month for the next chapter, but oh well I'm expecting big things for the next arc and I'm really looking forward to it.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 21:44   Link #10402
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

So, we now have a Mistress of Sound. Cool stuff.

No R+V next month, but we have a new-comer to the magazine: D.Gray-man!.
Old 2009-08-12, 22:07   Link #10403
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Hello friends, I see that you are having quite a deep conversation here. It happens that I stumbled into this thread way back on page 479 when the discussion was centering around the R+V Guide Book. Well, it just so happens that I own said book and was the one to scan the 2 manga chapters from it, as well as scanlate the full color omake. I'm also a regular on the Franky House scanlation group forums. So that's partly why I'm here.

So I give you all a gift of the answers to some burning questions that may or may not have been answered back then about the characters personal profiles.

Within this tag is a copy pasta of the info I posted some months back.
Spoiler:

The following quotes are also some of the things that has been under discussion, and we came to the conclusion that Tsukune has used that mysterious power of his to gather the "cream of the crop" the the members of his harem. So what is being said here is fairly accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
So let's get the stats up here, from what we know so far:

Moka (and probably Inner to be specific): According to Karua, has potential to be the strongest of all the Starbuck Sisters

Mizore: I believe it was mentioned that she's the greatest of those in her village (and who knows if there are actually any other villages?)

Sun: She's the strongest of her kind as well, according to this chapter

Yukari: Um... well, not all that strong yet, but she is technically a genius

Ruby is simply a masochist, and Kurumu... well, nothing about "being the strongest" when it comes to her has been mentioned yet. And Tsukune, of course, seems to be shaping up to become the best of both worlds *shudders as I unconsciously remember Hannah Montana*...

Dammit Tsukune, your harem isn't allowed to rival Tenchi's!!! Seriously, three of the girls who are the strongest of their kind, and you turning into a badass hybrid... i guess that's what makes this such a great series though (even if Sun is Gin's and not Tsukune's... you get the point)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Well on Kurumu having expectional ablilties. I thought inner Moka said her succubus's powers are greater than normal with her illusions...
Kurumu being exceptional is also correct, but like the others, she needs to train it more because she's still not too familiar with her full power yet.

Yukari and Ruby probably aren't slouches either, but in Yukari's case, she needs to learn some more various combat spells to really pose a threat. Ruby uses her wings most of the time but could also use a broader range of spells to cast as well.

Mizore is indeed strong, and there is still lots of room for improvement if she wanted. Heck, an army of ice dolls would be pretty difficult to overcome if she really put in the effort.

Sun is already spoken for, so no need to elaborate.

And then there's Moka.... Ah lovely, sexy inner Moka. So strong, yet so easy to defeat. Moka's fighting style being that she HAS to get up close and personal to beat her opponent is also her biggest weakness, as Ruby's master was able to exploit just before Ruby intervened.

All one has to do is get her off the ground and keep her suspended off the ground like a pinotta either with tentacles or levitation, then shoot at her like you would a target on a shooting range. Preferably with anti-tank riffles, RPGs, Bazookas or any other heavy artillery that may be laying around.

Yes, I can be a sick puppy sometimes, but hey, who else would think of these things? But all in all, I hope you enjoyed this post as I did writing it.
Old 2009-08-12, 22:11   Link #10404
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
"Ura-Moka"?

I kind of prefer Inner Moka.
Old 2009-08-12, 22:17   Link #10405
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Heh... you know, I'm reminded of a fic I've read that's similar to R+V in many aspects (though the author claims that they had the idea of a "normal" guy being surrounded by demonic girls going to a demon school first... but the point of the fic and R+V are different): the guy in that comes from the human world, is a bit of an outcast, and ends up gathering all sorts of powerful female demons around him, for simply being a nice guy, and their "presences" if you will, don't affect him like they would other humans

God I love this manga (even if I'm behind on the English volumes...)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 22:18   Link #10406
yongshun

Yukari has a higher threat level then Kurumu and Mirzore? that was unexpected. I have always thought that Ruby would be a little taller then Moka but I guess wrong, and LOL at Nekonome Sensei in the Omake she doesn't know her three sizes.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 22:21   Link #10407
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Well Yukari's still pretty young, so she has a lot of undeveloped potential... which would explain why she's considered more of a threat than Mizore or Kurumu, since we don't know what she's capable of when she put's her mind to it (and when she does she is damn scary; I'll never forget how she blasted out of that sunflower field!).
Old 2009-08-12, 22:22   Link #10408
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

That showed tsukune threat level as a ghoul... but what about as regular Vamp Mode? possibly 4 or would he downgrade to a 3?

Old 2009-08-12, 22:29   Link #10409
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Honestly Tsukune in raw ghoul mode doesn't strike me as being that strong... yeah he's faster and stuff, but he isn't thinking coherently.
Old 2009-08-12, 22:31   Link #10410
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Well, Berserker Mode (as most of us have deemed Ghoul Mode) has a tendency to simply be uncontrolled raw strength, so that's why it's a high threat

Old 2009-08-12, 22:33   Link #10411
GrrDraxin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
Yukari has a higher threat level then Kurumu and Mirzore? that was unexpected. I have always thought that Ruby would be a little taller then Moka but I guess wrong, and LOL at Nekonome Sensei in the Omake she doesn't know her three sizes.
Well I'm glad you said that, because that was another issue brought up. Now for some more copy pasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksmcteeth
Guide book eh? I refuse to believe that Yukari is ranked higher than Kurumu and Mizore...
I thought so too, but I also thought they'd rank Ghoul Tsukune as a highest as well, seeing as he beat Kuyou(and he's rated at a 5). But for Yukari, I'm sure it was meant that she was pictured to represent Witches in general. So if you averaged her, her mother, Ruby, and Ruby's master, the average probably gives the final result. It was a bestiary after all, so it's probably just going based off the species and not the individual shown. And Mizore being stated as the most powerful of the Yuki-Onna and still being rated a 3 is pretty sad.

And Kurumu has shown signs of unlocking her full potential if she could train more with her illusion powers. There is no limit to what she could do if she learned to concentrate enough to make her illusions become full-on reality. If she gets to that point, she'd become VERY dangerous, especially if she learned to put creative twists to her creations.
End quote.
Old 2009-08-12, 22:37   Link #10412
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

So you're calling Ghoul Tsukune as Vamp Tsukune as well, though we've really made a difference between those two... but to be faifr with Kyou, he did have Moka's help

I guess the best way to summarize this is: Powerful Guy has Power Women. Powerful Harem is Powerful

Old 2009-08-12, 22:38   Link #10413
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I kinda suspected Tsukune to be a 4, considering that he still needs more combat experience. Its his power level alone that makes him so powerful thanks to the vampiric blood.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 22:39   Link #10414
GrrDraxin

Quote:
So you're calling Ghoul Tsukune as Vamp Tsukune as well, though we've really made a difference between those two... but to be faifr with Kyou, he did have Moka's help

I guess the best way to summarize this is: Powerful Guy has Power Women. Powerful Harem is Powerful
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I kinda suspected Tsukune to be a 4, considering that he still needs more combat experience. Its his power level alone that makes him so powerful thanks to the vampiric blood.
True, it's possible that the measure was taken for when he ghouled out and nearly killed Midou.
Old 2009-08-12, 22:40   Link #10415
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

If I knew how to make a de-motivator, I'd make one for this series...

Old 2009-08-12, 22:42   Link #10416
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Tsukune right now is a Vampire Human, his ghoul-like state is only if he loses control.
Old 2009-08-12, 22:42   Link #10417
GrrDraxin

Quote:
If I knew how to make a de-motivator, I'd make one for this series...
Why's that?
Old 2009-08-12, 22:49   Link #10418
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Tsukune will be a 5 in due time. We are steadily seeing grow more and more adept at fighting.
Old 2009-08-12, 22:52   Link #10419
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Why's that?
I have a few ideas for one, that's why

Old 2009-08-12, 22:59   Link #10420
GrrDraxin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Tsukune will be a 5 in due time. We are steadily seeing grow more and more adept at fighting.
He will indeed, but after this latest chapter, it kind of proves that he needs more training.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire