AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-07-10, 18:08   Link #1
aniforever

problem connecting to tracker?

Hi, please help if you can. two days ago i was d/l'ing everything fine and suddenly my d/l started turning gray i was using ABC bittorrent program. now all of them are gray which means i can't d/l anything and it all says something about problem connecting to tracker. i've also tried bittornado but still same thing. i wonder if it's a problem with my side or the people i'm d/ling from. btw i'm d/ling from more then one site so i'm not sure what is wrong so please help. thanx

oh forgot to mention that i don't have firewall but i do use a router but i doubt that's a problem since i've been using it for over six month and nothing is wrong just wo days ago something happen and now it's dead.
aniforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 18:52   Link #2
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
PM me the links or post them here if it's not against the rules (unlicensed manga/anime only) and I'll check them up.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 21:55   Link #3
aniforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
PM me the links or post them here if it's not against the rules (unlicensed manga/anime only) and I'll check them up.
here's a pic of my bittorrent:

http://www.geocities.com/mythicalsou...ueColor-02.jpg

all of my torrents suddenly stop working and i don't know why. you can try checking: http://a.scarywater.net/ao/%5Ba-o%5D...5D.avi.torrent

but i doubt it's them since a lot of people are still currently able to d/l. ahh i hope i get this fix.
aniforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 05:20   Link #4
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniforever
here's a pic of my bittorrent:

http://www.geocities.com/mythicalsou...ueColor-02.jpg

all of my torrents suddenly stop working and i don't know why. you can try checking: http://a.scarywater.net/ao/%5Ba-o%5D...5D.avi.torrent

but i doubt it's them since a lot of people are still currently able to d/l. ahh i hope i get this fix.

I tried the link and I can download normally.

Some more questions:
Did you install something that could have caused this mess?

Did you scan for Trojans, Virii and Spyware? (Always with the latest updates)

Did you try another BT client? Azureus and BitTornado offer some kind of Health system that will make identifying router/firewall issues easier (Azureus is my personal favourite). If you do not want to change your BT clients, at least install BitTornado for diagnostic purposes as it is faster to install than Azureus which needs Java.
Let's get back to the Health system: Start a download with either client and there will be some kinda smiley with Azureus and a bulb with BitTornado; which color are they?

Check your router settings again and see for yourself which ports are being mapped; (Azureus and BitTornado can do that on their own if you enable UPnP support with your router) also, check if your Windows XP firewall is disabled. I'll just quote AnimeOni because I feel lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeOni
Right click on "my network places" | right click on your network and click Advanced Tab. Is the box checked?
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote