AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-15, 10:26   Link #401
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Did you notice? This time it is written "Ange" and not "Enjye".

But they romanized Virgilia as Wergilia
*facepalm*
Old 2009-08-15, 10:26   Link #402
Shinguji
Constantly Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsu Koneko View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSzsuygdRuo
Here it is for non-nico users~
I'm only into the first 26 seconds, and I also think that this is epic.
Anyone know what the song's called yet?
Old 2009-08-15, 10:34   Link #403
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinguji View Post
Anyone know what the song's called yet?
The song is called 楽園-fantasm-.
Old 2009-08-15, 10:35   Link #404
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Loved the new Motion Graphic, although I'm a liiitle sad that it never showed
Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-15, 10:55   Link #405
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

I hope there'll be a closer-up/higher quality picture of:

Spoiler for UMG5:
Old 2009-08-15, 11:03   Link #406
Marion
The Great Dine

Am I the only one not impressed with the new UMG :| Okay the first minute or so when they show all the characters drawn (I mean, wow they actually drew the servants for once) was good but after that it gets very meh to me. The song isn't too impressive and overall they just flashed old art in weird ways, while adding one or two new pictures.
Old 2009-08-15, 11:08   Link #407
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Am I the only one not impressed with the new UMG :| Okay the first minute or so when they show all the characters drawn (I mean, wow they actually drew the servants for once) was good but after that it gets very meh to me. The song isn't too impressive and overall they just flashed old art in weird ways, while adding one or two new pictures.
I get the feeling that it's probably better when you can read all the text (I can't, but I don't know about you ) cuz then it's like OMG I REMEMBER THAT AND THAT AND THAT *ULTIMATE GOOSEBUMPS* O____O
Old 2009-08-15, 11:11   Link #408
MayumiHime
Kihihihi...

Quote:
Same here.
They should have named that Motion Graphic "EP1-EP4 Flashback" not EP5. =/
The song was good, but that's it. Nothing special.
I imagined something better.
But that doesn't mean that I don't like the motion graphic. Yes, it's epic. xDD
Old 2009-08-15, 11:19   Link #409
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Well, at least they tried to draw everyone ;(
and that's what hooked me up lol. Especially the stakes :x

Old 2009-08-15, 12:56   Link #410
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

This was one of the best motion graphics I have ever heard. Very epic material.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2009-08-15, 22:31   Link #411
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I loved this Motion Graphic, it seemed more focused on introducing everyone than summarizing the story (which makes sense, they've left out some pretty important characters in past motion graphics...). I imagine that it took a lot of work and time to draw all of them too, I don't remember a motion graphic with so many new pictures all together. O.o;

My favorite part was the introduction of the Stakes. :3
(Leviathan!! >w< )

Old 2009-08-15, 22:53   Link #412
Marion
The Great Dine

Really? :/ Honestly it seemed rushed to me at times. Most of the characters they drew only appeared once or twice, while half the screen-time was given to Beato.
Old 2009-08-15, 22:56   Link #413
TTR
受話器持って魔女・エアトリーチェ

Have you guys posted the Umineko no Naku Koro Ni - Ura?

It's really funny if you get where the voices are from, they're all pretty hilarious

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7871915 (There's number four, the latest, they all rock)
Old 2009-08-15, 23:02   Link #414
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Really? :/ Honestly it seemed rushed to me at times. Most of the characters they drew only appeared once or twice, while half the screen-time was given to Beato.
I agree. I really wanted more JessiKano...
Old 2009-08-15, 23:25   Link #415
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Ummm... do you guys know HOW MANY characters there are? @_@;
A person can't draw like 5 pictures of each character like that... that is A LOT to expect, too much. Overall the amount of art in this Motion Graphic was impressive. Most of it was used in flashes and short scenes too...

The Ushiromiya family members
Servants
1998 Characters
Stakes
Siestas
Witches
Other Furniture

Seriously... the amount of characters was waaaaay too high for you to be able to expect so much. I don't even think there's more than one person who draws the pictures, and as a person who couldn't draw all of that in such a short amount of time... I must give Cosmic Comic some praise for the efforts, time, and hard work put into this. @__@;

Old 2009-08-16, 00:03   Link #416
Marion
The Great Dine

So they can redraw Beato 10 times but they can't even redraw one or two other characters a couple more times 9_9

What I mean is that after the characters flash around like that is good, but otherwise the rest is very meh only because it's just the old art flashing around like nuts and then putting in a new image. Whole thing is I felt that this UMG just introduced characters and put music to it, instead of giving me any real feeling. The art is good, but if it doesn't convey the feeling and the mood then the entire UMG's purpose becomes moot.

I think EP 4's UMG, while being thought of not too good, was great. I felt feelings conveyed throughout it all. Same for the other 3. This UMG just didn't give me that same feeling nor any feeling in general :/
Old 2009-08-16, 00:58   Link #417
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Usually it's the song that does it for me, so the first one is still my favorite, with this as second

As a kind of "recap episode", I wasn't expecting much in terms of the events, so it wasn't a big deal in my book.
Old 2009-08-16, 01:19   Link #418
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
So they can redraw Beato 10 times but they can't even redraw one or two other characters a couple more times 9_9

What I mean is that after the characters flash around like that is good, but otherwise the rest is very meh only because it's just the old art flashing around like nuts and then putting in a new image. Whole thing is I felt that this UMG just introduced characters and put music to it, instead of giving me any real feeling. The art is good, but if it doesn't convey the feeling and the mood then the entire UMG's purpose becomes moot.

I think EP 4's UMG, while being thought of not too good, was great. I felt feelings conveyed throughout it all. Same for the other 3. This UMG just didn't give me that same feeling nor any feeling in general :/
The old art isn't even that prevalent, it's mostly the new pictures. And it's a recap Motion Graphic, I don't think it's reasonable to expect a bunch of emotion and events put in when there's only a little over 4 minutes to recap all of the episodes and introduce characters.

The focus lies of Battler and Beatrice because episodes 1~4 were their game, that's the overall theme of When They Cry 3... two players playing a sort of game. O.o

Old 2009-08-16, 01:21   Link #419
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Usually it's the song that does it for me, so the first one is still my favorite, with this as second

As a kind of "recap episode", I wasn't expecting much in terms of the events, so it wasn't a big deal in my book.
I dunno, I feel that they just made this recap episode to pimp more music and make more money That's just me though.
Old 2009-08-16, 01:29   Link #420
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Probably true! Although true laziness would have just been recycling all the old scenes, so gotta give them credit for that, at least.

(And it's good music they're pimping, too...)
Closed Thread