AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-17, 10:55   Link #181
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 30
Well I've fought and now have reached October 4, 1986. Here are my notes

Spoiler for Ep5 Spoilers:


That's it from me for today. My brain is too fried retranslating everything so I'll hope to finish Ep5 by Thursdat since I have Wednesday and Thursday off.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2009-08-17 at 11:21.
MeoTwister5 is offline  
Old 2009-08-17, 11:11   Link #182
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
I know Ryukishi said something about there being a trap.

Spoiler for EP 5:
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-08-17, 11:26   Link #183
Kamar
Author Wannabe
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Spoiler for rest of the meta scene:


Edit: Just assume I made a 'trap' joke here in response to Marion. :3
2nd Edit: If there are any people who can translate JP, who aren't looking at my stuff since they don't need summaries, would you mind checking some of the screenshots I've taken of things I couldn't understand but really wanted to? I'd really appreciate it.
3rd edit: fixed the screenshot >_>
4th: edited to add TheForsaken's translation, much thanks!

Last edited by Kamar; 2009-08-17 at 12:13.
Kamar is offline  
Old 2009-08-17, 11:53   Link #184
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
:|

Spoiler for EP 5:
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-08-17, 11:54   Link #185
TheForsaken
Winter is coming
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Just finished chapter 11, I think I'll finish EP5 by tomorrow.
Spoiler for About some new chars:


@Kamar: Just show me the screenshot that you want to ask, I can't check all of your posts
__________________
TheForsaken is offline  
Old 2009-08-17, 11:58   Link #186
Kamar
Author Wannabe
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
Just finished chapter 11, I think I'll finish EP5 by tomorrow.
Spoiler for About some new chars:


@Kamar: Just show me the screenshot that you want to ask, I can't check all of your posts
For now, I'll just ask about

Spoiler for this one.:
Kamar is offline  
Old 2009-08-17, 12:08   Link #187
TheForsaken
Winter is coming
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamar View Post
Spoiler for this one.:
Well, I'm not an English native so this is not the best translation.
Spoiler for :
__________________
TheForsaken is offline  
Old 2009-08-17, 12:10   Link #188
Kamar
Author Wannabe
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
Well, I'm not an English native so this is not the best translation.
Spoiler for :
Thanks, much clearer
Kamar is offline  
Old 2009-08-17, 12:11   Link #189
chibi_nekoi
~kitty~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
Well, I'm not an English native so this is not the best translation.
Spoiler for :
So I assume that he wants to tell Beato that she should be more straight about what she wants ( I really want to interpret it in a more "fangirl" way though )
But it really gets more and more confusing indeed.
__________________
chibi_nekoi is offline  
Old 2009-08-17, 12:20   Link #190
Leinne
Who... am I?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Zaragoza, Spain
Age: 23
OK I've just readthe Episode with Atlas + Agth (I've already have practice so I understnad it pretty well) And I starteed laughing when a scene appear and I thought Ryuukishi was kind 'in your face with these scenes

Spoiler for Scene:


It was a great game with more character development and hate for
Spoiler for hate:


The episode was just awesome, my opinions


Spoiler for Opinion:


That's about everything since spoilers don't do any good
__________________
Leinne is offline  
Old 2009-08-17, 12:28   Link #191
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Actually, what IS interesting with Bern is the fact how she acted here:
it is absolutely abnormal for her to prosecute like this, knowing that she herself should know a chunk of the truth with the red, and the fact she tends to crush her enemies in order to win.
Therefore, breaking the Anti Mystery side with Knox Commandements is kinda an half baked attempt to prevent the truth to be found (regardless if it is Fantasy or Mystery), despite she most likely know that Natsuhi wasn't the culprit (if a piece like Virgilia knows about that, so should the Gamemasters and the players).
What's more is how Erika is actually using Battler's very first stance, ignoring the truth but just claiming a circumstancial one.

As result, I wouldn't be surprised if Bern is just acting. As much as she is definitely on a "antagonist light", she is arguably nowhere close to a true villain, considering her objective is nowhere impending Battler's.
I personally don't mind much if she remains like this or if she is actually playacting, but the possibility for the latter does exist, even more so considering she isn't acting in an optimum way.
Klashikari is offline  
Old 2009-08-17, 12:33   Link #192
musouka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
considering her objective is nowhere impending Battler's.
Her objective as stated in the first Ura Tea Party is to beat the Endless Witch, not to find the truth. When the game first started, she and Battler were aligned by mutual enmity, but, personally, I wouldn't assume that's the case any more.
__________________
雨の日も晴れの日も
いつの日も愛してた
それだけは 今もまだ
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline  
Old 2009-08-17, 12:33   Link #193
Risa chan
Watcher
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: who knows.. where you're thinking
Spoiler for thoughts:
__________________
Risa chan is offline  
Old 2009-08-17, 12:39   Link #194
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Actually, what IS interesting with Bern is the fact how she acted here:
it is absolutely abnormal for her to prosecute like this, knowing that she herself should know a chunk of the truth with the red, and the fact she tends to crush her enemies in order to win.
Therefore, breaking the Anti Mystery side with Knox Commandements is kinda an half baked attempt to prevent the truth to be found (regardless if it is Fantasy or Mystery), despite she most likely know that Natsuhi wasn't the culprit (if a piece like Virgilia knows about that, so should the Gamemasters and the players).
What's more is how Erika is actually using Battler's very first stance, ignoring the truth but just claiming a circumstancial one.

As result, I wouldn't be surprised if Bern is just acting. As much as she is definitely on a "antagonist light", she is arguably nowhere close to a true villain, considering her objective is nowhere impending Battler's.
I personally don't mind much if she remains like this or if she is actually playacting, but the possibility for the latter does exist, even more so considering she isn't acting in an optimum way.
The way I see it right now is that Bern is just trying to win. Ends do not justify means is Battler's way. Looking at it Bern doesn't even care about the means, she just cares about winning.

But yes, she could be acting this way on purpose.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-08-17, 12:39   Link #195
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Boredom is the only poison that can kill a witch. Perhaps Battler and Beato's position at this point is boring...Bern and Lambda hate being bored. Time to change the rules/playing field to keep it interesting.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2009-08-17, 12:43   Link #196
Escargotage
I want to believe.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Boredom is the only poison that can kill a witch. Perhaps Battler and Beato's position at this point is boring...Bern and Lambda hate being bored. Time to change the rules/playing field to keep it interesting.
I was thinking Bern threw Erika/Knox in to end the game quickly so she could gtfo.

She probably thought that everything would be fine and dandy with Battler if she let his family get off the island unscathed and if the "truth" of the murders was found. Or maybe this was all just some act to rile Battler up... who knows?
Escargotage is offline  
Old 2009-08-17, 12:53   Link #197
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
Her objective as stated in the first Ura Tea Party is to beat the Endless Witch, not to find the truth. When the game first started, she and Battler were aligned by mutual enmity, but, personally, I wouldn't assume that's the case any more.
The thing is that, said objective of "beating Beatrice" doesn't necessary have any problem with Battler objective in finding the truth and denying the witches.
The real problem between the two is how, in the end, the means are totally different which don't go well with each other.
If Battler was really focalised on finding the culprit, the whole deal with Beato wouldn't affect him that much, and him turning into a GM proves he finally understood his true objective, beneath "prove the witches didn't do it" => "find the real truth", which should naturally prove the witches didn't do it.

Bern wouldn't clash with Battler if she was on her objective without much screwy strategy, her means and plans just go unethical at some point, ever since Episode 4.
If we strip their methods, they "should" be natural allies, but of course now it is a total different story (but I still think they aren't "enemies" to the first degree).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
The way I see it right now is that Bern is just trying to win. Ends do not justify means is Battler's way. Looking at it Bern doesn't even care about the means, she just cares about winning.

But yes, she could be acting this way on purpose.
The main reason why I think Bern "might" (it is still a 50/50 chance) be playacting is the fact that Bern didn't use all ressource to end the game. As soon as the game begins to drag, it is a bore for her and unlike lambda, she isn't fancying the idea of an endless rondo.
Thus, the main issue I have with her strategy in Episode 5 is that she doesn't give Battler the tools to end the game quickly. Also, she doesn't even terminate Battler: Battler is her piece, so she "should" be able to discard him even before he became a GM. Thus, the fact she left him roaming was absolutely a fool play, similar to Beatrice's whimsical habits, which is not Bern's style.

On the other hand, Lambda is preparing a huge personal agenda, considering that she is nowhere close to act as usual, but she is by no means "nicer".
She is the driving factor for the "endless" torture for most players and pieces so heh.
Klashikari is offline  
Old 2009-08-17, 12:54   Link #198
Rias
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Regarding Furudo Erika, I think her small faults overshadows her deductive power... at least before tea party. It's true that she has a bad personality, and have a lust for solving mysteries without respecting others, but her deductions are also almost flawless.

I'll leave the analysis out tho, since it's spoiler-ish.
__________________
Rias is offline  
Old 2009-08-17, 13:54   Link #199
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Erika....I wonder if this is how Rika would have been if she didn't care about her friends and only about surviving/ending he cycle?
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2009-08-17, 14:24   Link #200
ameskitty
Kupo
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sleeping
Age: 23
Oy, my Japanese reading skills are even slower/worse than I thought they were ><. I've been reading approximately 5 hours and I'm only to Natsuhi's conversation right before the 1986 family conference.

Spoiler:
ameskitty is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.