AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 17 29.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 26.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 15.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 3.51%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-18, 14:16   Link #181
Sassarai
Army of One
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by tieria.erde View Post
if you didnt care then you shouldnt have come up with a theory that aligns a far superior, award winning, poll-topping, popular (emo) gundam 00 character with valkyria ones who have no depth of personal stories or standard (isara had but she's dead). EVERYONE in gundam 00 are emotional but ALL four major characters (and even side characters) had far more stronger stories compare to valkyria. in fact, this anime is just so cheap in story-telling, i dont see why i should be even thinking to compare with gundam 00. i said all of this because you raised it.
Well it's got the gundam name to it. The name itself sells like FF games. I'm pretty sure Shin Asuka would top many polls against other anime characters. Being more emotional doesn't mean better and stronger story maybe but they did have 2 seasons to develop.
Sassarai is offline  
Old 2009-08-18, 14:17   Link #182
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Well it's got the gundam name to it. The name itself sells like FF games. I'm pretty sure Shin Asuka would top many polls against other anime characters.
Hamtaro would so own his ass in any poll!
Manji Midou is offline  
Old 2009-08-18, 14:21   Link #183
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Hamtaro would so own his ass in any poll!
Dude, isn't that like saying hey, lets drop Son Goku from Dragon Ball in a pit fight against anyone and see who wins?

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2009-08-18, 14:26   Link #184
Death Header
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Age: 22
Quote:
You are not reading what we are saying clearly at all. All we are saying, is that this episode had presented to us, in the worst way, of Faldio's intentions (whatever it is at this point) of shooting Alicia from behind. In the game, he took a careful calculation. In the anime, there is none of that, he just shot her, point blank, with intentions to kill.
I believe that Faldio had plenty of proof to show that Alicia was a Valkyria and not an actual human. Faldio also noticed the ragnite acting on Alicia's presense, as well as that abnormal regenerative abilities that Alicia had compared to other soldiers. I would also assume that Faldio had more information of the Valkyria through all the research that he did. We don't need to show 4-5 episodes showing Faldio trying to research on the Valkyria 24/7. Maybe if Valkyria Chronicles was 50 instead of 26 episodes, we might have gotten more backstory on the valkyria and stuff, but this is fine as it is imo.

Quote:
Nowhere did I say VC characters have more depth than 00, however, I am not going to hold 00's characters in a higher standard.
I disagree with this point, because since 00 was 50 episodes long compared to Valkyria's 26, the characters in 00 have been developed much better than the characters in Valkyria Chronicles.

edit: Ramal's death was pretty god damn sad imo. I could see why Faldio became completely insane when his entire squad was wiped out in front of him.
__________________
Death Header is offline  
Old 2009-08-18, 14:32   Link #185
tieria.erde
T-chan fan
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
I disagree with this point, because since 00 was 50 episodes long compared to Valkyria's 26, the characters in 00 have been developed much better than the characters in Valkyria Chronicles.
arigatou gozaimasu!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
edit: Ramal's death was pretty god damn sad imo. I could see why Faldio became completely insane when his entire squad was wiped out in front of him.
dont you think it was needless to kill off ramal too? he had a chance to shine after isara's death...
tieria.erde is offline  
Old 2009-08-18, 14:38   Link #186
Sassarai
Army of One
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
I would also assume that Faldio had more information of the Valkyria through all the research that he did. We don't need to show 4-5 episodes showing Faldio trying to research on the Valkyria 24/7. Maybe if Valkyria Chronicles was 50 instead of 26 episodes, we might have gotten more backstory on the valkyria and stuff, but this is fine as it is imo.
You don't need 4-5 eps to show Fabio learning about how to awaken a Valkyria. Him figuring out Alicia is a Valkyria already seemed rushed but at least they showed him adding 1 + 1 = 2 (stone + fast healing = Valkyria). While how to awaken a Valkyria = read + book + viewers imagination = awaken valkyria)

Last edited by Sassarai; 2009-08-18 at 15:08.
Sassarai is offline  
Old 2009-08-18, 14:42   Link #187
KariOhki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
I don't get what's going on with all the other anime comparisons, so I'll ignore that.

Faldio's Heroic? BSOD was quite creepy and showed how out of it he was. Desperate too, to shoot Alicia like that. I could see how he was making the connections in his messed-up head.

*salute* Ramal, you shall always be remembered as the male tsundere.
KariOhki is offline  
Old 2009-08-18, 14:46   Link #188
tieria.erde
T-chan fan
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by KariOhki View Post
I don't get what's going on with all the other anime comparisons, so I'll ignore that.
thank you. i didnt see the point of bringing other anime in to this thread either, just because i dont enjoy this anime any more, some had the urge to stir-up other anime i like
tieria.erde is offline  
Old 2009-08-18, 14:52   Link #189
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
dont blame faldio, i would do the same too if there is a chance of avenging your war comrades.
kk2extreme is offline  
Old 2009-08-18, 14:53   Link #190
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Header View Post
I believe that Faldio had plenty of proof to show that Alicia was a Valkyria and not an actual human. Faldio also noticed the ragnite acting on Alicia's presense, as well as that abnormal regenerative abilities that Alicia had compared to other soldiers. I would also assume that Faldio had more information of the Valkyria through all the research that he did. We don't need to show 4-5 episodes showing Faldio trying to research on the Valkyria 24/7. Maybe if Valkyria Chronicles was 50 instead of 26 episodes, we might have gotten more backstory on the valkyria and stuff, but this is fine as it is imo.
Uh, please re-read what everyone is saying. I am not saying that Faldio doesn't know. In fact, at this point, I don't care.

I am saying, Faldio shot Alicia out of insanity rather than a calculated snipe as presented in the game. I highly doubt he took the shot because he thought it would wake her powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
dont blame faldio, i would do the same too if there is a chance of avenging your war comrades.
The problem is that many of us are simply not convinced that he shot Alicia because he thought putting her in a near-death situation would awaken her power. The script and the presentation of this episode had done a terrible job convincing us that.

And thats our biggest beef, really. Whether Faldio knows or not is really of secondary importance at this point.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2009-08-18, 14:56   Link #191
kraken
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
the episode is opposed the the game.

Why the anime is so different of the game, everything is the contrary of the game...

Does they want to troll the fans of the game?
kraken is offline  
Old 2009-08-18, 15:04   Link #192
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
I hope Faldio will get a valkurye (or whatever) beam in his ass from point blank!
ipernorris is offline  
Old 2009-08-18, 15:19   Link #193
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
You know, it's quite funny how they shown the sniper scene last episode, Faldio with a sniper rifle on the way back from the battlefield in this episode, and then he just shot her with a pistol.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2009-08-18, 16:00   Link #194
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You are not reading what we are saying clearly at all. All we are saying, is that this episode had presented to us, in the worst way, of Faldio's intentions (whatever it is at this point) of shooting Alicia from behind. In the game, he took a careful calculation. In the anime, there is none of that, he just shot her, point blank, with intentions to kill.

- Tak
Ok. I have to be honest and say that you are right that I did not read well. But I have made some homeworks and I hope that what I have gathered together brings some of you to rethink about Faldios action. But to point out at the beginning. I dislike Faldio that he shot Alicia as a comrade and I fully understand that a lot starts to hate him.

Also I point out that Faldio already shown earlier in Fouzen that he is willing to risk more if it the situation requires drastic actions. See episode of Fouzen and where he ordered an attack although the risks of casualties have been mentioned.

Let's go back to topic as I said that I did some homework and start with the very beginning.
Faldio already confirms in Episode 19 that Alicia has to be a Valkyria.
In Episode 19 we get to know how he comes to this conclusion:
- Valkyrian have super-healing powers
- Ragnite is used as a medium (see the glowing ragnite in episode 18).

Next; how comes that he knows a lot such things:
- He's studies archeology and as part of his studies Ancient Valkyrian History (see Episode 7)
- He reads further more about their powers and also has pictures about a Vakyria holding a lance (Episode 19)

Last; he had to be in the ruins to gather these information:
- He mentioned in Episode 8 that he had to return to the ruins (did not collapse yet) as Maximillians words bothers him (what bothered Faldio? Valkyrians are not extincted, Selvaria a Valkyra or that the true rulers where the Valkyria?)
- He went back to the ruins as he had the piece of ragnite as souvenir with him (episode 11) as a present (really only a present?) for Alicia < this is the only mentioning that he went back

Recap: I have to rely on subs which are a bit bad, but from what we have as information is enough that he is already convinced that Alicia is a Valkyrie. Final in episode 19.

What drove him to be so radical is the complete loss of his squad and most of the militia I guess - who died because of his misjudged situation (Valkyria is not invincible and the euphoria they had because the Gallian army is in military advantage in Eps 20).

Again I have to point out that I agree with you that his actions one of the worst things someone could do. But I also have to think about that Faldio is the fallen hero of the series who has a lot of sins and therefore I hope he won't be forgiven for his actions.

Btw. I don't think he had calculations in the series but at least he gives himself some headaches as he does not know how to approach with his conclusions towards Alicia (Middle of Episode 19 / beginning of Episode 20)

And before I forget. Shooting someone with a Sniper rifle at distance from behind or with a pistol from about less than 10 m are both backstabs no matter if it was calculated or only assumed. In both cases he had no right to shot even though in both versions we see a Gallian Valkyria


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

The problem is that many of us are simply not convinced that he shot Alicia because he thought putting her in a near-death situation would awaken her power. The script and the presentation of this episode had done a terrible job convincing us that.

- Tak
I think he is aware of what he is doing as he seems to somehow disgust himself for his next actions with the pistol > trembling, flashbacks, Saying "Sorry".
So I think at the point where he pulls the trigger he got back a bit of his sanity but the shot was out of despair after seeing what Selvaria has done and what Alicia could also do.
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?

Last edited by Father Hentai; 2009-08-18 at 16:16.
Father Hentai is offline  
Old 2009-08-18, 16:12   Link #195
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
And before I forget. Shooting someone with a Sniper rifle at distance from behind or with a pistol from about less than 10 m are both backstabs no matter if it was calculated or only assumed. In both cases he had no right to shot even though in both versions we see a Gallian Valkyria
I hope I am not giving you the impression that somehow shooting a comrade with a sniper rifle is a erm, better course of action.

But the difference still remains. One is calculated, one isn't.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2009-08-18, 16:31   Link #196
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I hope I am not giving you the impression that somehow shooting a comrade with a sniper rifle is a erm, better course of action.

But the difference still remains. One is calculated, one isn't.

- Tak
As a former army boy I think you don't have to tell me that Shooting at comrades is always lame.

But if you make difference on what is more worse then it is the calculated one because it is calculated murdering although (and I can rely on only on you here because I HAVEN't F***ING PLAYED THE MISSION YET AND YOU SPOILED!!!"!) the shot itself means not to be that lethal while shooting out of despair or lost sanity can be declared as a psychicotic trauma and needs a medical opinion before judged guilty or not.j
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?
Father Hentai is offline  
Old 2009-08-18, 19:37   Link #197
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Its beyond me why he shot her. No matter what I think of.. it doesn't make sense. They better have a good reason next time. Bah, we all know she doesn't die anyway so its not that big of a deal, but I still think its dumb.

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2009-08-18 at 21:12. Reason: Correction.
DragoZERO is offline  
Old 2009-08-18, 19:54   Link #198
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Its beyond me why he shot her. No matter what I think of.. it doesn't make sense. They better have a good reason next time. Bah, we all know she does die anyway so its not that big of a deal, but I still think its dumb.
That Alicia dies? Where did you see that?

I mean, yeah, where they animated her getting shot, she'd be dead dead dead dead dead, no question, but this is still anime. Everyone here who didn't play the game was holding out hope that Isara was still alive.

Anyway, finally watched the episode, and...

Ramal's death was easily the most cheesy moment of this series so far. I can't lie. That smile and the fade to sketch was so cheesy.

I really like how they put the strategy of the game in dealing with the Batomys into action in the anime. That was definitely a plus in my book for this series so far. I hate that mission for how long it takes, but the strategy was interesting. They didn't force people to watch it being done 3 times but it's all good.
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline  
Old 2009-08-18, 20:27   Link #199
SagaraSouske
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Whether or not Faldio's shot in anime is calculated or not, his intent was still to attempt to awaken Alicia's power. The whole mental image of Lance and Shield and his murmur of being sorry are pretty clear indications.
SagaraSouske is offline  
Old 2009-08-18, 20:37   Link #200
Death Header
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Age: 22
Quote:
Faldio shot Alicia out of insanity rather than a calculated snipe as presented in the game. I highly doubt he took the shot because he thought it would wake her powers.
I applaud the director's way of approaching the series quite differently than it was handled in the game, and this was no exception. Faldio was already shell-shocked from the loss of his comrades (killed by a Valkyria no less). Calculated or not, I would think that shooting Alicia out of desperation because of a shell-shock trauma would be more realistic than let's say, "I shoot someone because I know that certain person can be raised from the dead through Valkyrian powers!"

Faldio's actions were realistic and completely logical imo (to a real person anyways).
__________________
Death Header is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.