AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-07-10, 02:35   Link #1
gunawan_bakri

Please help " connecting to peers" for 10 minutes yet no download

I use windows XP home edition, pentium 4 ( 2.1 G ) , 1 G of memory. my bittorrent client is bit tornado. i try to download anime from animesuki. i already try a lot of files but all of them give me the same result. it just show " connecting to peers " for 10 or more minutes but no download. I use bittorrent for almost 1 years and it never happen to me before. please help me. i have no body to go to.
gunawan_bakri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 19:08   Link #2
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunawan_bakri
I use windows XP home edition, pentium 4 ( 2.1 G ) , 1 G of memory. my bittorrent client is bit tornado. i try to download anime from animesuki. i already try a lot of files but all of them give me the same result. it just show " connecting to peers " for 10 or more minutes but no download. I use bittorrent for almost 1 years and it never happen to me before. please help me. i have no body to go to.
Just a few questions to help the community here try to debug your problems.

1. Do you have any firewalls running? e.g. XP firewall. Right click on "my network places" | right click on your network and click Advanced Tab. Is the box checked?

If yes, disable it and try again.

2. Did you add a router? What kind of router? See if your router supports uPnP. If yes, enable it.

In Bittornado, click on Prefs, UPnP Forwarding shoul be type 1 (fast). Port range should be from 6881-6999.

3. Can you download from another site? For example, try downloading from bittornado and use the BT link vs. the HTTP link. can you download?

If No, your ISP may be blocking (some ISPs are beginning to block BT ports)

I hope this helps.
________
Lincoln mark series specifications

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:28.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 19:24   Link #3
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeOni
Just a few questions to help the community here try to debug your problems.

1. Do you have any firewalls running? e.g. XP firewall. Right click on "my network places" | right click on your network and click Advanced Tab. Is the box checked?

If yes, disable it and try again.
Norton Firewall and Windows XP firewall disabled

Quote:
2. Did you add a router? What kind of router? See if your router supports uPnP. If yes, enable it.
Yes, the university uses a router. No info was supplied about model or how to access it.

Quote:
In Bittornado, click on Prefs, UPnP Forwarding shoul be type 1 (fast). Port range should be from 6881-6999.
Already enabled. Unknown if UPnP is enabled on the router, too.

Quote:
3. Can you download from another site? For example, try downloading from bittornado and use the BT link vs. the HTTP link. can you download?

If No, your ISP may be blocking (some ISPs are beginning to block BT ports)

I hope this helps.
KazAa downloads work as do HTTP downloads.

My bet on this is: Router issue or ISP blocking ports. The user is using the university network to download so can someone clarify if there are usually problems with that?

PS: Why do I know all that? It's a S-E-C-R-E-T
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 12:36   Link #4
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Easy way to tell what router (mostly SOHO type or high-end Routers) you have is to telnet into it.

e.g.
Linksys: telnet 192.168.1.1 80 and hit Enter (where 1.1 is your Gateway and port 80 is the web interface port)
d-Link, Buffalo, etc SOHO type (see linksys)

High-End
e.g.
CISCO: telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 23
Juniper: telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 23
Lucent: telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 23

Note: this may not work with all models due to security restrictions but in most cases, routers are not configured/secured correctly and you can see the configuration using the "view" passwords.
________
Xxx tube

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:29.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote