AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-20, 13:53   Link #301
marebito
カケラ管理人
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
There is absolutely no proof that person "exist" to begin with.

As for Erika, she is just another piece, that is derived from Bern herself. But that's about it, the plot shows well they are really too different from each other, or from Rika so heh.
If we suppose that we would also have to admit that a -supernatural- meta-level influences the real world and until now this is not exactly confirmed. The meta-level might exist as much as it wants as long as it doesn't have a huge impact on the real world. Nothing in that direction is really confirmed so all we know is the relation between Bernkastel and Rika from Higurashi. And even that relation is still kinda ambiguous, without Umineko we wouldn't even have those new aspects like e.g. in the manga version of Higurashi.

That said, of course we certainly see Erika and Bern interacting between the game board and the meta-level but I want to know where Erika's body is taken from since otherwise as I said we would have to admit much more supernatural extent, which might or might not be the correct conclusion.

As for the other person: As I said, there are various theories proposed by the game itself already. And yes, one of those is that the person doesn't even exist in 1986.
marebito is offline  
Old 2009-08-20, 14:03   Link #302
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwy View Post
Are you commenting on EP1 here? He didn't have to "remain" in the room. He killed Eva, taped the door and could simply go off to fetch Natsuhi. This wouldn't take too long. He would have enough time to come back and "supervise" Kanon to cut off the chain and recycle the tape.
I still have no idea what you are talking about with "recycle" and the like.
Replacing the chain or something?
Quote:
I don't really understand your point about EP5 though.
You said Eva killed Genji during the first night. This is absolutely not possible.
Remember the stakes confirmed in red that none of the first 6 were moved after being killed.
However, Genji's "corpse" wasn't present after Natsuhi was trying to see Jessica's corpse.
Klashikari is online now  
Old 2009-08-20, 14:05   Link #303
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Remember the stakes confirmed in red that none of the first 6 were moved after being killed.
If that's the case then everyone was killed where they were. However, considering that Battler didn't even REALIZE people were dying in his room my bet is that the children + Rosa were poisoned and died in the room. Then the killer came and cut them up.

As far Eva killing the first night - why would she kill her son? I doubt those tears were fake.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-08-20, 14:06   Link #304
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
No, that's not possible: Battler but also the rest of the cast didn't find the corpses at all.
They couldn't be "dead" because if they were dead when Battler found them in the morning, their corpses would have been moved, which is denied by the stakes.

Lucifer even confirmed "Therefore, the corpses couldn't have gone missing after being discovered!!".
Quote:
よって、遺体発見後に遺体が消失することはありえないッ!!
Ergo, none of the first 6 were dead before Natsuhi breaks through to see Jessica's "corpse".
Klashikari is online now  
Old 2009-08-20, 14:12   Link #305
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Which means something is off here.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2009-08-20, 14:19   Link #306
gwy
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I still have no idea what you are talking about with "recycle" and the like.
Replacing the chain or something?
Sorry if I didn't explain clearly how this "chain" trick works. Usually door chains can only be locked/unlocked from the inside of the room. That's the basis for many closed door mysteries. But there is one way you can "lock" the chain from outside the room: standing outside the room, and use a gum tape to merely tape the free end of the chain to the inside wall. Appearing to one who stands outside, it will appear to be properly locked from inside. However, if one pulls it with force, it will come off easily and exposing the fake. But as long as you do not pull it you cannot distinguish that. Even if you cut the chain off with a cutter, you cannot expose the fake because cutter receives virtually no resistance from the chain. After Kanon cut the chain off, Genji only needed to secretly put that gum tape into his pocket and no one would realize that the chain was not actually locked at the first place.
gwy is offline  
Old 2009-08-20, 14:58   Link #307
gwy
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
You said Eva killed Genji during the first night. This is absolutely not possible.
Remember the stakes confirmed in red that none of the first 6 were moved after being killed.
However, Genji's "corpse" wasn't present after Natsuhi was trying to see Jessica's corpse.
Eva wounded Genji badly during the night but did not kill him off. Genji retreated back to the servant room, trying to call Natsuhi for help, but the latter was threatened to not pick up no phone during the night. He was actually finished off in the second day somewhere else...kana?
gwy is offline  
Old 2009-08-20, 15:18   Link #308
chronotrig
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Buffer overflow
Okay, finally time for my review of EP5.

A lot of people have commented on the details of the story, so I'll avoid those for the most part.

Spoiler for ep5:
__________________
"The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter 'q' into a privet bush. But, unfortunately, there are times when it is unavoidable."
--Hitchhikers


www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline  
Old 2009-08-20, 15:28   Link #309
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Spoiler for ep5:
What new information have we got about that place? It's quite likely related to "Maria's" letters.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline  
Old 2009-08-20, 15:47   Link #310
Saerianne
*cackle*
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Okay, finally time for my review of EP5.

A lot of people have commented on the details of the story, so I'll avoid those for the most part.

Spoiler for ep5:
Two errors in the game? I haven't heard of that yet.
Saerianne is offline  
Old 2009-08-20, 15:50   Link #311
Squirrellord
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Send a message via MSN to Squirrellord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
What new information have we got about that place? It's quite likely related to "Maria's" letters.
This is just my take on it, but the biggest thing I think we learned is the difference between Magic World Beatrice and Meta-World Beatrice.
What I mean is, in episode 3 Beatrice loses her powers to Eva... and yet, end of the game, Beatrice still is the Golden Witch. That's because her Koma lost her powers, while Meta Beatrice did not. Furthermore, this explains how the two Beatrice's were talking at the end of episode 4.
So there's Meta World > [Magic World > Human World], with the Magic and Human being part of a Kakera

(and the errors are ones I mentioned a while back, that Hideoyshi comes back to life for one scene, and that Erica mentions the "Guest House Dining Hall" )
__________________
Squirrellord is offline  
Old 2009-08-20, 15:56   Link #312
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 25
I thought that was established ages ago though (just not 100%)
k//eternal is offline  
Old 2009-08-20, 15:57   Link #313
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Same here. I thought it was obvious that Meta-World Beatrice isn't the same as Game World Beatrice since EP 2

And I remember the Hideyoshi thing. Man that was hilarious XD

Me: Wait what Hideyoshi aren't you dead omg zombies are involved in this game D:
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-08-20, 16:06   Link #314
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I wasn't precisely asking about that, but about what exactly the Meta-world is. chronotrig said EP5 shed some new information about what that place is. I mean, is it some supernatural world we're just supposed to accept, or is it some sort of allegory?
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline  
Old 2009-08-20, 16:22   Link #315
Ssol
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
I thought that was established ages ago though (just not 100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Same here. I thought it was obvious that Meta-World Beatrice isn't the same as Game World Beatrice since EP 2

And I remember the Hideyoshi thing. Man that was hilarious XD

Me: Wait what Hideyoshi aren't you dead omg zombies are involved in this game D:
I agree it's obvious now... however...

Episode 2? Can you provide any evidence of this? If you had a theory at that time then of course that is fine.

Episode 3? Again, where is the absolute proof of multiple meta world levels in this?

In my opinion, only at the end of episode 4 is the first proof of multiple meta world levels provided when the two Beatrices interact.

It's not very nice to just comment on something people have struggled to figure out by saying 'Oh, I already knew that a long time ago' and not provide any reference.
Ssol is offline  
Old 2009-08-20, 16:29   Link #316
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 25
You don't think it's ridiculous to demand a reference for someone's "thoughts"? I could go find old posts where I've talked about the meta world as being above the magic on the board, but it isn't exactly a constructive use of time.

When Beatrice tells you in EP2 that she placed herself as a "piece" on the game board, I took it as a sign that the "piece" Beatrice was a separate entity. It wasn't clear that the magic was a separate "reality" until EP3, but once it was, it should have been sufficient to place the anti-mystery board as an existence parallel to the anti-fantasy one (both being below the meta-world).
k//eternal is offline  
Old 2009-08-20, 16:40   Link #317
Volcanic
fire of fires
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vesuvius
Just got through all these posts and....

Spoiler for EP5:
Volcanic is offline  
Old 2009-08-20, 16:41   Link #318
Kamar
Author Wannabe
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I wasn't precisely asking about that, but about what exactly the Meta-world is. chronotrig said EP5 shed some new information about what that place is. I mean, is it some supernatural world we're just supposed to accept, or is it some sort of allegory?
Ugn...I hope if it is meant as an allegory or something, that fact is never stated outright. That kind of thing "Lol that was a metaphor or allegory, X never really happened" just ruins a work of fiction, IMO.

It's just a dressed up version of "All just a dream."

Btw, for those wondering about my summaries, I plan to continue them, but I've had some crap with my work come up, so I've been busy with that. I'll try to get started again soon, so please be patient.
Kamar is offline  
Old 2009-08-20, 16:45   Link #319
Ssol
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
You don't think it's ridiculous to demand a reference for someone's "thoughts"? I could go find old posts where I've talked about the meta world as being above the magic on the board, but it isn't exactly a constructive use of time.
I just believe your post served no purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
When Beatrice tells you in EP2 that she placed herself as a "piece" on the game board, I took it as a sign that the "piece" Beatrice was a separate entity. It wasn't clear that the magic was a separate "reality" until EP3, but once it was, it should have been sufficient to place the anti-mystery board as an existence parallel to the anti-fantasy one (both being below the meta-world).
That makes sense. The way I interpreted it at that time was Beatrice was an entity that could project herself on the gameboard and in the meta world. However, I didn't see magic world Beatrice and meta world Beatrice as completely different entities at that time in episode 3.

Episode 5 clearly shows this though so now it should be clear from this point foward.
Ssol is offline  
Old 2009-08-20, 16:55   Link #320
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
I just believe your post served no purpose.
I'd actually assumed everyone already believed that was the case, so I was surprised that it was considered "news", take it as you will.

It's good to have that "fact" confirmed, though.
k//eternal is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.