AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-17, 21:16   Link #1
ihitterdal
Twisted person

Send a message via Yahoo to ihitterdal
Sick, twisted, demented (or with that sort of humor)

I have an odd enjoyment of this sort of thing. I have no clue why.

I've liked stuff like Battle Royale and Gantz for the former category, and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei's twisted humor is very enjoyable. Can someone make recommendations to the person who may need to attend the loony bin soon?
Old 2009-08-17, 22:09   Link #2
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Dokuro-Chan and Dai Mahou Touge have sick, demented, bloody humor.

Elfen Lied and Higurashi are just plain bloody, and contain sick, demented characters. They are horror, not comedy. Gai-Rei Zero and Berserk also fit in here, but I didn't really like them... however, most people did.
Old 2009-08-17, 23:22   Link #3
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'd say the currently airing Needless fits this category. You really need to watch a few eps and surrender yourself to the sheer seeming dumbness of it before you start to realize it has an almost Python-like sense of humor.

Potemayo might not be quite as sick and twisted as you'd prefer, but it's very funny and certainly very odd. I suppose it qualifies as a slice of life, but it's a strange life indeed.

I find the original Hare + Guu series to be pretty sick and twisted in terms of humor. It's terrifically funny at times, though the sequel series aren't nearly as good.

FLCL is short - six episodes - but it may be the most perfectly realized anime ever. It's alternatively hilarious and exhausting, and the soundtrack by The Pillows is every bit the equal of the great visuals and writing.
Old 2009-08-18, 03:37   Link #4
Fevvers
a regular van veen

I'm really enjoying Dorohedoro right now, which artwork's reminds me of Blame's (and incidentally Dorohodero's author was once an assistant to Nihei), so it's gritty, cynical (but not without its fair share of black humor, and by the gods is it funny), and bizarre (for the lack of a better description).
Old 2009-08-18, 07:52   Link #5
Ash Falls Town

Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
It's a comedy series with a demon main character which masquerades as a detective story.
The manga is probably closer to what you want so read it unless you want to do both in which case watch the anime first.
(It's not bad just different)
Old 2009-08-18, 07:53   Link #6
Niji

Kousetsu Hyaku Monogatari - twisted, horror, comical mixed together. It has quite special artwork, either one likes it or not at all I guess. Give the horror part a lil time to develop.
Old 2009-08-18, 16:49   Link #7
vomitoff

aachi and sipaachi
dead leaves
funniest shit ever
Old 2009-08-18, 16:53   Link #8
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Hm, so you're not looking for the typical horror but with twisted humor too? The only anime I can think of right now is Moetan.
Old 2009-08-20, 13:54   Link #9
cerrian

Ebichu

Oh god how I hate that little furball.
Old 2009-08-20, 19:01   Link #10
Riskbreaker

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Excel Saga already. Flat out bizarre, demented at times & hilarious to boot too.
Closed Thread