AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-07-11, 10:14   Link #1
dC89

Problem with tracker and downloading

ok please help me. everything was fine and was downloading alright for the last year until this week when all of a sudden most downloads on the scarywater tracker didnt work. I currently use azureus and the face is red and it keeps trying to connect, but it wont connect and there are no seeders or leechers. It sometimes says something about "timeout exceeded" and "problem connecting to tracker". Other bittorrent downloads work but the ones of this tracker:
http://tracker.scarywater.net:443/announce (hope this is against the rules)
doesnt seem to work. I entered it into my explorer bar, but the page doesnt seem to exist or load. Just for your information, some of the releases i tried to download from but i couldnt were those from Lunar Anime. I dont know if the tracker is bad or what the problem is, but it seems other people have similar problems and i cant seem to fix it. if someone could answer to this and could perhaps help me it would be greatly appreciated.
thx
dC89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 10:31   Link #2
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dC89
ok please help me. everything was fine and was downloading alright for the last year until this week when all of a sudden most downloads on the scarywater tracker didnt work. I currently use azureus and the face is red and it keeps trying to connect, but it wont connect and there are no seeders or leechers. It sometimes says something about "timeout exceeded" and "problem connecting to tracker". Other bittorrent downloads work but the ones of this tracker:
http://tracker.scarywater.net:443/announce (hope this is against the rules)
doesnt seem to work. I entered it into my explorer bar, but the page doesnt seem to exist or load. Just for your information, some of the releases i tried to download from but i couldnt were those from Lunar Anime. I dont know if the tracker is bad or what the problem is, but it seems other people have similar problems and i cant seem to fix it. if someone could answer to this and could perhaps help me it would be greatly appreciated.
thx
Normally I'd suggest examining firewall and router settings etc but you are the second member to report that they cannot download from Scarywater. Also, the description you are giving points out that the tracker is not working as it should (it works for me, however). Maybe the admin of the page is blocking certain IP ranges because of DoS attacks or whatever (that is only speculation).

Well, before I jump to conclusions, go here and right click and "save as" the torrent. Execute from the HDD. Does it work that way?
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 17:35   Link #3
dC89

I downloaded the torrents before and had tried to run them from the HDD but the same problem still exists. Is there possibly a different tracker from scarywater or some reason that mine doesnt work when i enter into the url bar? I still dont know what the problem is but please help me again from the information i give you, thx!
Old 2004-07-12, 07:53   Link #4
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
I downloaded the torrents before and had tried to run them from the HDD but the same problem still exists. Is there possibly a different tracker from scarywater or some reason that mine doesnt work when i enter into the url bar? I still dont know what the problem is but please help me again from the information i give you, thx!
I just received an eMail by mxs (admin of scarywater). He said that he is not blocking any IP's and that it is most likely a routing problem. Nonetheless, try this:

Start-->Run-->"cmd" This opens the command box. Now type in:

"tracert talan.scarywater.net" <-- that is the tracker

Post your results here.

EDIT: Please post your IP as well:

1. Start-->Run-->"cmd" This opens the command box. Now type in:
"ipconfig" (real IP)

2. Go here to get the IP of the router.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?

Old 2004-07-12, 09:31   Link #5
dC89

ok i did the test, but im not sure how i can post my results for it because I had to print screen the picture. When it asks to insert a picture, it asks me for a http link so i dont know what to do. Possibly i could email the picture to you of my results or something..or you could tell me how to insert pictures other than the http way.

for the second part, again the results are saved as a picture so im not sure what to do, but by going onto the website which you gave me the link to, it showed that my ip address was: 218.38.115.55

so first help me with the picture problems so that i could show you my results and solve the problem, thx.
Old 2004-07-12, 09:52   Link #6
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Ok, "print the picture", open MS Paint (I'll just assume that you don't have any other image editing programs like Photoshop or Corel. If you have, use them). Now click on File-->New and paste the pic with Ctrl + V into Paint. Mark the area you want to keep, i.e. only the DOS windows with the results, hit Ctrl + C to copy the selection into the clip board. Again: File-->New and paste the pic into MS Paint again (Ctrl + V). Resize the canvas (the white background) to fit the image like you would with any other Windows application. Last step is to save the file with File-->Save As... The name is not important, the entension however is: pick either Jpeg or Gif and hit OK.
Go to www.imageshack.us, upload the file and link to it in your post with the [IMG] [/IMG] tags.

Old 2004-07-12, 10:09   Link #7
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
ok i did the test, but im not sure how i can post my results for it
Are you aware that you can cut & paste from the command box.

When you have the command box open, you can highlight an area (right click the mouse and drag), you then release the mouse (you should still have an area of inverse video visible at this point) and click the command box icon in the top left corner.
icon > edit > copy
You'll also notice there's a short cut

You can then past that directly into here, e.g.
Quote:
Tracing route to talan.scarywater.net [69.93.69.234]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

[snip]
13 515 ms 545 ms 498 ms car2-6-v1.dllstx2.theplanet.com [12.96.160.22]
14 140 ms 155 ms 154 ms talan.scarywater.net [69.93.69.234]

Trace complete.
Save messing around with images, etc.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 11:31   Link #8
RyonanGT

guys, i;m facing the same prob like oso....
and i have prob bout tracker thing with scarywater as well as shinsen-subs

btw, i'm not using any router...

can anyone help me plz..

thx in advanced.....
RyonanGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 18:22   Link #9
dC89

haha thx for the help, here are the results: (I think this will work?)

and

Old 2004-07-12, 22:39   Link #10
soraryu

I am not certain whether this is of some help but I had the timeout exceeded problem sometime ago as well (at some other trackers). It turns out that all I need to do is to refresh my IP lease, a few times (that's if your're also using DHCP) - the transparent proxy (at the ISP's end) is causing the tracker to detect a different IP (you can test for this by checking your IP settings and then go to a website where they list your IP - check to see if the IP is the same).
soraryu is offline   Reply With Quote