AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-23, 01:17   Link #1
u43368
Disabled By Request

Vigilante

I've been reading Akumetsu and The Punisher a lot lately, I just want something similar. Basically, I just want to see the antagonists get what's coming; preferably horribly. Whiny/naive protagonists are a big nono so nothing like Death Note (Light is just a wanker kid) or Code Geass (Ledouche is too emo). Anime or manga is fine.

Last edited by u43368; 2009-08-23 at 03:07.
Old 2009-08-23, 01:54   Link #2
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

I recommend Blaster Knuckle.
Old 2009-08-23, 02:39   Link #3
Saber Cherry
Marionette

I can't think of any "batman-type" serious vigilante anime, so I'll just suggest similar things you might like.

Seirei no Moribito and Darker than Black are not vigilante, but the do feature deadly protagonists who are not whiny little snots. So you might try them. The protagonist of Moribito is a bodyguard, and in Darker than Black an assassin.

The protagonist in Berserk (manga or anime) is seeking revenge and kills a lot of people along the way, rather messily.

Lucy from Elfen Lied doesn't care at all about justice but she certainly likes killing people. A lot of the people she kills are bad people, though. She's rather sadistic.

Blade of the Immortal (manga) features a swordsman who is condemned to wander about and kill some large number of evil people. It's rather gruesome. He's not whiny or naiive, but 'adopts' someone who is. Still, it works out.

There's also the manga JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure. It's rather strange, and semi-serious. The protagonist is seeking revenge, and fights people along the way, but... he doesn't really try to kill people, like the antagonist does. Most of the characters are over-the-top GAR, which is why you might enjoy it.
Old 2009-08-23, 08:23   Link #4
npcomplete

Second Blade of the Immortal, seen the anime, haven't read the manga.

Shigurui is another one
Closed Thread