AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-07-13, 01:01   Link #1
melike

Er..my computer tends to reset when using Bittorrent..?

I doubt anyone can help..just thought id check.
It did work initially, but about 6 months ago it just started resetting. I tried using Direct connect but thats too frustrating..
Any ideas anyone?
Its probably just my computer..its barely holding itself together as it is.
melike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 01:44   Link #2
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

What client are you using?

What's your configuration? 98/ME/2K/XP?

Try going to BitTornado's site (www.bittornado.com) and download the memtest app. It may be a bad memory.
________
Morphine rehab forum

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:29.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 02:32   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It also might be your network card. Some can only manage a limited number of connections before they cause a reset. There are two possible solutions. First: Make sure that you have the latest drivers. Second: If that doesn't work then set maximum peer connections to 50. (Using BitTornado (at the top) click on "Prefs", then at the bottom is a button labeled "Advanced", click on advanced and you'll see a setting called "Maximum Peer Connections" set it to 50.)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 03:18   Link #4
melike

Hmmn..thanks guys. Yeah, i'll go check this out. Basically ive tried bittorrent and just tried bittornado today to no avail...but yeah i'll follow up both those leads.
Thanks again!
melike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 05:36   Link #5
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
It also might be your network card. Some can only manage a limited number of connections before they cause a reset. There are two possible solutions. First: Make sure that you have the latest drivers. Second: If that doesn't work then set maximum peer connections to 50. (Using BitTornado (at the top) click on "Prefs", then at the bottom is a button labeled "Advanced", click on advanced and you'll see a setting called "Maximum Peer Connections" set it to 50.)
I'll second that. Too many connections may cause your system to hang in the worst case scenario (instead of the "normal" internet connection that occurs). Follow NSW's advice, but psst, if you don't happen to like BitTornado, try Azureus.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote