AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-30, 00:00   Link #2261
primuler
Love For 3D
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: This planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Two things:

1. What are the chances for Hinagiku to misunderstand what he just said? Hayate was indeed clear, but he didn't say who the person he loves is (although, it should have been obvious he was talking about Athena).

2. Notice how Nagi didn't show up in the group of people Hayate thought of - unless she's below Maria, and we didn't get to see her in the spoiler pics (although that pic was big enough and looked like a full page).

Though I didn't mention it in the spoiler, Nagi's not there.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 00:00   Link #2262
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 25
oh wow....oh wow...this just makes things so much awesome
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 00:04   Link #2263
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Though I didn't mention it in the spoiler, Nagi's not there.
Yeah, I wonder if this has any particular meaning.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 00:45   Link #2264
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
thanks primuler-sama............... now that put a death sentence to the confession of hina.... poor hinatan. She's in a state of shock that she forgets what was she's about to say. Baka-butler is baka max! Even though I'm a fan of A-tan I'm also a fan of hinatan and its a BIG! development....................................... ............ My hope that the last picture wouldn't ended up with the word hayate says that she loves a-tan crumbles to dust. A-tan wins! or rather I don't know if you could call that win.... its really a spectacular conclusion if it didn't end like that I would have love it but the baka butler said it on hinatan's face.... sheesh!
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 01:26   Link #2265
Maydie
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Thanks for the spoiler Primuler!
.. The spoiler trashes my theory about Hayte and Athena relationship.
I never thought that Hayate would be so smart and mature suddenly about girl/love. It's like he becomes a different person when it comes to Athena.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Yeah, I wonder if this has any particular meaning.
I'm supposing that Nagi not being there kind of indicates that she's not even fit to be a love rivalry. xD(no offence to them Nagi fans or that Nagi represents "Athena II" or someone like her(which I really doubt...)
Maydie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 01:40   Link #2266
Maydie
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Ayumu confessed to Hayate, but he claims that Athena is his lover. (It's like if Ayumu is not even in the rivalry anymore.) I wonder if he will say that again to Hina if Hina confesses to Hayate.

Once Hina confesses, Hayate's mind will be " Hinagiku-san loves me? No! This can't be happening. She hates me and is always angry at me" It will take a month or so till he recovers his mind back from insanity. Her confession will be such a critical damage that he would not dare to love Athena freely with so much confidence from then on.
Possible theory: Ayumu&Hina's love > Athena.
Hayate wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

I can't wait till the next chapters. If the ending won't turn out to be "Everyone becomes best friends happy ending" the outcomes are too unpredictable...
Maydie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 02:21   Link #2267
primuler
Love For 3D
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: This planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maydie View Post
Ayumu confessed to Hayate, but he claims that Athena is his lover. (It's like if Ayumu is not even in the rivalry anymore.) I wonder if he will say that again to Hina if Hina confesses to Hayate.

Once Hina confesses, Hayate's mind will be " Hinagiku-san loves me? No! This can't be happening. She hates me and is always angry at me" It will take a month or so till he recovers his mind back from insanity. Her confession will be such a critical damage that he would not dare to love Athena freely with so much confidence from then on.
Possible theory: Ayumu&Hina's love > Athena.
Hayate wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

I can't wait till the next chapters. If the ending won't turn out to be "Everyone becomes best friends happy ending" the outcomes are too unpredictable...
Hayate already told Hina that he loves Athena. Curse his stupid brain. I didn't expect that Maria's simple recommendation would end up like this. Really. I'm still holding on to my first theory which I posted like 6 weeks ago(which everybody didn't care because I posted spoiler for the next chapter beneath it). I mean, as I expected, Hayate did ruin the dinner by telling Hina about Athena. I still think that Hayate and Maria will talk about the dinner with Hina.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 03:14   Link #2268
bebichocpha
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
I can't wait till the next chapters. If the ending won't turn out to be "Everyone becomes best friends happy ending" the outcomes are too unpredictable...
No ways, if u have already read To Love Ru ending u will understand "everyone ... happy ending" is the worst ending. T_T ( HnG is better than that ).

Quote:
Hayate already told Hina that he loves Athena. Curse his stupid brain. I didn't expect that Maria's simple recommendation would end up like this. Really. I'm still holding on to my first theory which I posted like 6 weeks ago(which everybody didn't care because I posted spoiler for the next chapter beneath it). I mean, as I expected, Hayate did ruin the dinner by telling Hina about Athena. I still think that Hayate and Maria will talk about the dinner with Hina.
Yes, I think so. Maybe after Hina knew everything, she will talk to Maria for advices or Hayate will do the same thing. ^_^
bebichocpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 03:46   Link #2269
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Thanks for the spoiler text, primuler!

The last page is the confession part like I predicted. I guess we'll always see the last chapter page in the next spoilers if it's the same provider...

Now as for the outcome..

1. It's a serious chapter, so Hina won't misunderstand.
2. Did anyone overhear (I mentioned in one of my previous posts how they could be talking about this on the street in front of the museum)?
3. Will shock or composure prevail? Either she breaks down, which I very much doubt, or she asks for more info. Can't exclude someone interrupting them and saving her if it's not the latter... (for example, I don't expect Hayate to just walk off and leave her there petrified, or her running off crying).
4. A confession is still possible because of it being 'in the moment'. So many thoughts running in her head, like how did they meet, why does he love her, when was this, why is it her!?, ...
I said that I doubt that she'll do any mistakes, but she might conclude that she has some advantage at the moment. Athena rejected him, and even though he said that he loves her, if it's an unrequited love, she might still win if she strikes now(don't know how much that part of her not wanting to lose matters, but since it took her this long just to confess...).

Also, talking about how's the manga is going to end is even more pointless than talking about how the next chapter is going to unveil. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but with more people guessing, and stating their opinions, it's starting to become more and more like Negima. It's like you want it to end...

Well anyway, as for the chapter goes there are just too many possible outcomes for me to predict anything. Someone with a different point of view post more possibilities.
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 04:35   Link #2270
cheongzewei
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I have a sudden implication that...........

Hinagiku will say hayate no baka, Smack him with a purse or something and runs away (crying)

Hayate will be .. Eh? i made her mad again.
cheongzewei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 04:36   Link #2271
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Hayate already told Hina that he loves Athena. Curse his stupid brain.
Eh? When was that, please?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 05:56   Link #2272
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ...In America!
Well that was more than I was expecting. This will be quite an obstacle for them to overcome, in fact they may not overcome it. Still, before we start singing praises for Hayate x Athena we have to get Athena's side of things. If she decided that pursuing the stones is more important then she may completely break his heart the next time they meet. Even if she were to be more accepting later, if she turns him down cruelly anytime soon then Hayate will be crushed. Then it will be up to one of the other girls to step in and help him.

I think that it may be good if for the next arc or two Hayate is openly pursuing a girl (in this case Athena). That way all of the other girls can step up and actually develop some kind of relationship with him. If you look at things in general terms, the poor butler doesn't really have many friends...Wataru, Sakuya (kind of), Isumi (don't see each other much), Nagi (different case all together), Maria (more professional), the student council trio (barely), and Hinagiku (complicated).

If Hayate ties to hook up with Athena then the others will get a chance to help him or get closer to him in some way. Hina and Maria may try to provide advice, Isumi and Watau may get dragged in at some point, and I don't even want to know what Nagi will do when she finds out. But I see Hina or Maria (being in the 'strike zone' themselves) as becoming a lot closer to him in the upcoming chapters. They will probably talk to Hayate about his feelings for Athena, how he plans to tell her, and just being a good close friend and confidante. That way if (when, I hope) Athena turns him down or chooses the stones over their relationship he can turn to one of them for comfort and maybe he can start to develop more romantic feelings towards one of them. Hell, to really spice things up, actually introduce another guy character and see how Hayate likes Hina or Maria or somebody dating the new guy. The way I see it this new plot line has tons of possibilities for crazy antics, misunderstandings, and general chaos, more so than the original plot! Hata-sensei, you're a genius!
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 06:07   Link #2273
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Just adding this..

Hayate swore to be with Nagi forever, like he did 10 years ago with Athena. He broke that promise, but he's more mature now than he was back then. If he leaves Nagi for anyone else he's a total asshole and needs to get shot.

Unless something stupid happens and he remains on Nagi's side, but is also together with some other girl. <- Totally retarded. I'll start hating Hata as well if it happens (not like that matters...).
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 06:49   Link #2274
primuler
Love For 3D
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: This planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Eh? When was that, please?
This chapter.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 07:02   Link #2275
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
This chapter.
Ah okay, that's what you meant. I thought you were saying that he told Hina about it BEFORE.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 07:24   Link #2276
IndoViking
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Indonesia (hence my name)
Age: 23
Wow, i got class till the evening and a super detailed spoiler appears! Thanks primuler

My guess is that Hina will cry on her way home, after saying she'll help Hayate, and then Ayumu asks her what's wrong, and Hina blurts it all out, and we end up having a HinaxHamster ending instead
__________________
~Everyday is a Holiday~
IndoViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 08:41   Link #2277
primuler
Love For 3D
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: This planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Also, talking about how's the manga is going to end is even more pointless than talking about how the next chapter is going to unveil. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but with more people guessing, and stating their opinions, it's starting to become more and more like Negima. It's like you want it to end...

Well anyway, as for the chapter goes there are just too many possible outcomes for me to predict anything. Someone with a different point of view post more possibilities.
Well, how about this ending? Like, all the girls meet again like 3 years after and it's unclear who ended up with Hayate. That would satisfy and disappoint the most people.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
Well that was more than I was expecting. This will be quite an obstacle for them to overcome, in fact they may not overcome it. Still, before we start singing praises for Hayate x Athena we have to get Athena's side of things. If she decided that pursuing the stones is more important then she may completely break his heart the next time they meet. Even if she were to be more accepting later, if she turns him down cruelly anytime soon then Hayate will be crushed. Then it will be up to one of the other girls to step in and help him.

I think that it may be good if for the next arc or two Hayate is openly pursuing a girl (in this case Athena). That way all of the other girls can step up and actually develop some kind of relationship with him. If you look at things in general terms, the poor butler doesn't really have many friends...Wataru, Sakuya (kind of), Isumi (don't see each other much), Nagi (different case all together), Maria (more professional), the student council trio (barely), and Hinagiku (complicated).

If Hayate ties to hook up with Athena then the others will get a chance to help him or get closer to him in some way. Hina and Maria may try to provide advice, Isumi and Watau may get dragged in at some point, and I don't even want to know what Nagi will do when she finds out. But I see Hina or Maria (being in the 'strike zone' themselves) as becoming a lot closer to him in the upcoming chapters. They will probably talk to Hayate about his feelings for Athena, how he plans to tell her, and just being a good close friend and confidante. That way if (when, I hope) Athena turns him down or chooses the stones over their relationship he can turn to one of them for comfort and maybe he can start to develop more romantic feelings towards one of them. Hell, to really spice things up, actually introduce another guy character and see how Hayate likes Hina or Maria or somebody dating the new guy. The way I see it this new plot line has tons of possibilities for crazy antics, misunderstandings, and general chaos, more so than the original plot! Hata-sensei, you're a genius!
That's what I had in mind too. This is my speculation, and it sounds more like a fanfic than a speculation:

Hayate goes to confess, but Athena rejects him even though she likes him. Machina kicks Hayate's butt. Hayate fights back, but he loses, again. Fallen on the floor, he shouts his true feelings out to her, but Athena just turns away with Machina. Hina ignores Hayate and Hayate becomes depressed. Maria cheers him up, proving that she's a main heroine, and seeing Hayate so depressed, Hina thinks that she might have chance with him and resumes her normal activity. Hayate decides to abandon his feelings towards Athena as he had said what he wanted and it was clear that Athena still hated him(to him). They come back to Japan at this point(maybe after some plots related to Nagi and Isumi). And Athena, she will regret about her decision, but she doesn't want to show her true feelings to Hayate so she will ignore him (but starts to attend Hakuo more often).

Athena will then try to persue whatever she's trying to do with gemstones on her own, but will fail eventually. Machina tries to help, but it doesn't do her any good. Machina gets angry at Hayate, thinking that he's the cause of her depression and the two guys fight. Hayate defeats him this time, and he provides helping hand to Athena.

This would be my dream scenario, actually.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 08:58   Link #2278
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Well, how about this ending? Like, all the girls meet again like 3 years after and it's unclear who ended up with Hayate. That would satisfy and disappoint the most people.
Hope not, but let me add this. They meet again after x years, and then Hayate is shown holding / playing with his son on the last page. Whose is it? .... get the guns ready.. hahaha!



Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
That's what I had in mind too. This is my speculation, and it sounds more like a fanfic than a speculation:

Hayate goes to confess, but Athena rejects him even though she likes him. Machina kicks Hayate's butt. Hayate fights back, but he loses, again. Fallen on the floor, he shouts his true feelings out to her, but Athena just turns away with Machina. Hina ignores Hayate and Hayate becomes depressed. Maria cheers him up, proving that she's a main heroine, and seeing Hayate so depressed, Hina thinks that she might have chance with him and resumes her normal activity. Hayate decides to abandon his feelings towards Athena as he had said what he wanted and it was clear that Athena still hated him(to him). They come back to Japan at this point(maybe after some plots related to Nagi and Isumi). And Athena, she will regret about her decision, but she doesn't want to show her true feelings to Hayate so she will ignore him (but starts to attend Hakuo more often).

Athena will then try to persue whatever she's trying to do with gemstones on her own, but will fail eventually. Machina tries to help, but it doesn't do her any good. Machina gets angry at Hayate, thinking that he's the cause of her depression and the two guys fight. Hayate defeats him this time, and he provides helping hand to Athena.

This would be my dream scenario, actually.

What are you trying to copy here? I think I saw something like that already in a manga or anime.

Hmm...

Hayate x Tama end (turns out Tama is Jenny in a tiger suit).
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 09:20   Link #2279
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Okay jenny in a tiger suit. A four year old that's taller than nagi on her current age turn out to be tama oh geez. I like better kotetsu than a huge fury cat.

Quote:
Hope not, but let me add this. They meet again after x years, and then Hayate is shown holding / playing with his son on the last page. Whose is it? .... get the guns ready.. hahaha!
who needs guns? we need HATCHET. I should ask rena-sama's knowledge on this.

Quote:
That's what I had in mind too. This is my speculation, and it sounds more like a fanfic than a speculation:

Hayate goes to confess, but Athena rejects him even though she likes him. Machina kicks Hayate's butt. Hayate fights back, but he loses, again. Fallen on the floor, he shouts his true feelings out to her, but Athena just turns away with Machina. Hina ignores Hayate and Hayate becomes depressed. Maria cheers him up, proving that she's a main heroine, and seeing Hayate so depressed, Hina thinks that she might have chance with him and resumes her normal activity. Hayate decides to abandon his feelings towards Athena as he had said what he wanted and it was clear that Athena still hated him(to him). They come back to Japan at this point(maybe after some plots related to Nagi and Isumi). And Athena, she will regret about her decision, but she doesn't want to show her true feelings to Hayate so she will ignore him (but starts to attend Hakuo more often).

Athena will then try to persue whatever she's trying to do with gemstones on her own, but will fail eventually. Machina tries to help, but it doesn't do her any good. Machina gets angry at Hayate, thinking that he's the cause of her depression and the two guys fight. Hayate defeats him this time, and he provides helping hand to Athena.

This would be my dream scenario, actually.
if this scenario actually happens I might be happy and maybe not. I just like the baka butler to be not paired in the end. I mean his whole life as of now is all messed up. Theirs a promise with A-tan that the baka butler ended up destroying or maybe not because the promise is for THE FUTURE but the FUTURE BEFORE is now THE PRESENT! He got himself stuck with another promise. I mean breaking a promise from before is bad but breaking a promise again..... what kind of person is he>>>> ? This thing should be settled first for me to even acknowledge him having an ending to any of those lovely girls. I stand as for now he should be left alone or rather let him continue his butler works for nagi. Well the story originally is the story of butler and his master. As I said as always. Well it can be ichigo 100% that he ending is uncertain and I'm not sure on what's cooking on hata's head.

As for the next chapter I stand on hina being calm as usual and in a state of shock. Or rather shes in the state of shock already .Having some kind of amnesia forgetting her confession. Those LAST lovely words that's about to be spoken shattered by the baka butlers sudden confession of heart. Well I like A-tan so its okay but I also like Hinatan that's why its not really that okay to me this current scenario. Its really painful just imaging the feelings of hina.............. its soooo SAD!

BAKA SENSEI!
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 11:35   Link #2280
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Regarding his promise with Athena, Hayate never really broke it. He was actually trying to fulfil it when shit happened, and due to the circumstances, they had to part ways (although, they didn't want to do that). Even now, we see Hayate and Athena still care about each other, and that Hayate remembers their promise (and I believe we can be 100% positive Athena does as well - it's no surprise if she still keeps the ring he gave her). So, you can say, the promise still somewhat stands.

The issue here is, he's made a very similar promise with Nagi (and Yukariko - in front of her grave). So, it makes you wonder how he plans to fulfil both promises. Just because you've made a new promise doesn't mean the previous one has become void.

In the end, I think we'll see what Hayate values more, or if 3rd factors come into play and give him more options, then he may have a way to keep both promises.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.