AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 21 16.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 37.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 29.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 10.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.57%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-30, 12:31   Link #181
Antera Caramichael
French Maid
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Poitiers; France
Age: 22
Well I think can summarize in saying: He cannot believe in magic, but can believe in an after life. No?^^
Antera Caramichael is offline  
Old 2009-08-30, 22:24   Link #182
June 1983
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Warwick, RI
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antera Caramichael View Post
Well I think can summarize in saying: He cannot believe in magic, but can believe in an after life. No?^^
Yes. I wonder if we can start putting that in red and bold at the start of each episode discussion, since someone winds up having to explain it to someone in every thread about 3 or 4 times ever since episode 5 aired. Come on guys ... it's not THAT complex.
June 1983 is offline  
Old 2009-08-30, 23:49   Link #183
hodil
Solve me...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
From what i gathered... The Meta-world is simply like where Rika goes after she is killed in Higurashi. Its like a large limitless store room which houses all the kakeras/gameboards. Additionally, its like the universe, and there is absolutely no need to know how it is created or what it is.
__________________
"._."._."._."._."._."._."._."._."._."._."._."._.". _."._."._."._."._."
The blog of truths.
hodil is offline  
Old 2009-08-31, 08:12   Link #184
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Yes, I think I remember that he turned into a goat.
Uhm are you sure? I don't remember this at all ; He just becomes a swarm of butterflies like in the anime.

The reason I find it hard to believe it was a goat, is because I've never seen a goat articulating any kind of word, and this dark Kanon on he contrary was quite talkative.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline  
Old 2009-08-31, 08:16   Link #185
~Diru~
SS.VDine full steam ahead
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 22
I'm pretty sure, that's why I was disturbed when he just vanished in the anime...
However, after I saw it I'm not 100% sure anymore
__________________
Endless...
~Diru~ is offline  
Old 2009-08-31, 08:51   Link #186
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Yes, I think I remember that he turned into a goat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Diru~ View Post
I'm pretty sure, that's why I was disturbed when he just vanished in the anime...
However, after I saw it I'm not 100% sure anymore
... Eh? It's the same with the VN like Jan-Poo said, Dark Kanon disappeared in/with swarm of butterflies... Nowhere did any of the description has him turn into a goat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VN Translation Quote
... And yet Kanon is nowhere to be seen.

Because he had disappeared.
He had turned into gold butterflies and scattered.
Same with the description before this-it mentions that Kanon's body 'burst' into golden butterflies.
__________________

Natsuki Hyuga is offline  
Old 2009-08-31, 08:54   Link #187
~Diru~
SS.VDine full steam ahead
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 22
Really?
Hmm strange I wonder how 3 people got that wrong
__________________
Endless...
~Diru~ is offline  
Old 2009-08-31, 09:03   Link #188
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
@Nifty: :'o It's a spoiler-delete it now D':

Other than it though, maybe because the translation mention that "Kanon jumped like a wild goat" that most of you get the impression of Dark Kanon=Goat?
__________________

Natsuki Hyuga is offline  
Old 2009-08-31, 09:20   Link #189
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Portugal, Lisbon
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Diru~ View Post
Really?
Hmm strange I wonder how 3 people got that wrong
I got it wrong too... I was under the impression he turned into a goat as well...
__________________
SOTM 2011 February -
- Couples <3


____________________

vandakiara's attic ~
pwease visit :3


____________________


Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline  
Old 2009-08-31, 09:30   Link #190
Belum_nabum
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Cool This is what I think of episode 09

In this episode the sheep analogy was interesting and I have to add that Kanon's wound picking was disgusting and disturbing not to mention the stupid censoring!:ml34:

I AM CERTAINLY not buying the BS shit of that witch and the red text. I also do not believe in her theories but I do think Battler is more logical as such that was a trick involved within the room itself where Jessica was killed. However it may be Kanon is either drugged or he is possessed. Which ever one believes: LOGIC OR MAGIC.:E5379Z:

I do admit that Aunt Rosa is dangerous with the gun and her jealousy might spur out and then BANG! Gohda and Kumasawa along with Nanjo look suspicious but I think Nanjo has yet to prove himself innocent.

I do think that:
The magic sword and spiderweb thing was just as sudden. They were both explained but not well. Going by fantasy explanation, Kinzo made Kanon with magic (furniture) so that's why he has a magic sword. Dark Kanon being destroyed by the spiderweb because butterflies hate spiderwebs. When it disappeared, it broke into butterflies just like everything else of Beatrice's

Seeing magic and witches in the meta world isn't proof that they exist in the real world. Battler also believes that Beatrice is only a half-existence. She only exists in the meta world because people believe she exists. If he can prove that magic and witches had nothing to do with the murders then the illusion that Beatrice was responsible will disappear and Beatrice will disappear from the meta world. All this was explained in the anime. Pay more attention.

Among the many scenes.......

Near the end of the episode Kanon's eyes told me HE WAS A FAKE!


The sudden attack by the fake Kanon was GORE ALL THE WAY! WTF! :E81WFG:


Spoiler:


A preview of #10! MUSIC LOOKS AWESOME!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2uqBZ1CR_0

Last edited by Belum_nabum; 2009-08-31 at 10:07.
Belum_nabum is offline  
Old 2009-08-31, 09:55   Link #191
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
I want your drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Still confused like heck whenever see Battler screaming there's no magic when a) there's bloody red words flying around him b) time is frozen right at those moments c) those who were dead were revived and be killed again by magic dagger girl, mythical goat furniture, and 1st class light saber...

Those killed the mystery elements of Umineko since the start of EP II (if comparing with how it was in ep I)

However, as i watched this episode, i developed a theory for that (i should write in 1st timer speculation thread but it relate to the events of this episodes more anyway). Well it's quite a wild guess. But some one please read to see if it's flaw somewhere (up to the point of this anime episode, of course)
Spoiler for Size mostly and maybe for those who haven't watched Higurashi:


It's a super wild guess. But if such thing is true, then all of the impossible things were presented could have a way around it
I pretty much have the same theory with a few differences, tho I can't talk more about it because it also uses info from later chapters of the novels.
maximilianjenus is offline  
Old 2009-08-31, 10:02   Link #192
Orophin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belum_nabum View Post
A preview of #10! MUSIC LOOKS AWESOME!
That's "worldend dominator" and it's easily the best BGM of Episode 2.
Orophin is offline  
Old 2009-08-31, 10:07   Link #193
Belum_nabum
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
That's "worldend dominator" and it's easily the best BGM of Episode 2.
Yeah, I guess! I like the sound of it already!
Belum_nabum is offline  
Old 2009-08-31, 10:34   Link #194
Beruko08
The Shadow of Twilight
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cursed land.
Send a message via Yahoo to Beruko08 Send a message via Skype™ to Beruko08
Well, after Beatrice said he had been killed in red text the watchers should have known that that Kanon was obviously fake (not mention his red eyes).
__________________
My Last.fm Profile | My own gallery corner (Lastest Update: 3/18/2010)
____________________

Umineko no naku koro ni

_____________________

Current Playing: Oblivion IV, Recettear, Bad Company 2, Starcraft II.
Current Watching Shiki, Seitokai, Mitsudomoe, Densetsu, Nurarihyon no mago, FMP Brotherhood, HOTD, Occult
Beruko08 is offline  
Old 2009-08-31, 10:41   Link #195
Belum_nabum
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beruko08 View Post
Well, after Beatrice said he had been killed in red text the watchers should have known that that Kanon was obviously fake (not mention his red eyes).
I noticed that too also. But I think the spider web revealed a lot more when it was seen. Because I did not play the game the info from other sources of it proved even more informative about this.

One of the devils strong points are illusions so no surprised Beatrice has such powers since she is affiliated with him.
Belum_nabum is offline  
Old 2009-08-31, 10:49   Link #196
June 1983
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Warwick, RI
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belum_nabum View Post
Yeah, I guess! I like the sound of it already!
I would say it's the best BGM in the whole series, in fact. In terms of just musical excellence and impact. Whenever you hear that track, you know some major, major shit is going down.

Quote:
Well, after Beatrice said he had been killed in red text the watchers should have known that that Kanon was obviously fake (not mention his red eyes).
Well, perhaps. But saying someone was "killed" in a room doesn't necessarily mean they died in there, right? If you were fatally attacked in your living room, but crawled out into the kitchen, would you say you had been killed in the kitchen? It's weird and it might not mean anything, but it's something to think about.
June 1983 is offline  
Old 2009-08-31, 14:41   Link #197
tcaz2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
In regards to the fake Kanon = Goat thing, yes there IS a description of that in the VN, though not when he disappears.

It's something like "He leaps from the table like a wild goat, and kicks off the portrait hanging on the wall." So it's more he's described as being goat-like.
tcaz2 is offline  
Old 2009-08-31, 15:18   Link #198
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
I don't think that was to be taken literally, it's just a comparison. Plus the word used in japanese is "kamoshika" while the term used for the goats is "yagi", in other words the connection only appears in the english translation.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline  
Old 2009-08-31, 17:27   Link #199
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Netherlands / Turkey
Age: 26
Hmm, points.
This started good for me.
10 for kanon scream
9 for censor -_-
8 for another censor -_-
9 for the awesome sheep puzzle! o/
__________________
Skullchukka is offline  
Old 2009-08-31, 19:28   Link #200
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Porto Alegre, Brazil
Send a message via MSN to Akuryou Send a message via Skype™ to Akuryou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullchukka View Post
Hmm, points.
This started good for me.
10 for kanon scream
9 for censor -_-
8 for another censor -_-
9 for the awesome sheep puzzle! o/
Why are you detracting points for censors if it's not the producers, nor DEEN's, nor Ryukishi, nor Beatrice's fault that the TV station put them up?
Akuryou is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.