AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-07-12, 22:00   Link #61
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
It has been three years since I have been in love...

Sigh, I wish I could find someone that will help me change my life.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 22:42   Link #62
SPINAL-BRAIN
May be a Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Yeah I was once in love but later it turned out that the chick was a dude...and you all say love hurts and all that...how do you define that?


Spoiler:
SPINAL-BRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 00:38   Link #63
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: 加拿大
Age: 28
"Have you ever been in LOVE?", yes I'm in love...with my guitar! So much so, I actually sleep with it (really I do sometimes). My Washburn D12SNM is sexy, mmm...she's got curves baby! I spend more time touching (not necessarily playing) my guitar than anything else.

But seriously, what is love? (baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more...). I'm assuming you're asking love between human beings. I gave up on that, and I don't want to touch love (between other people) at all anymore. I do not want to discuss this any farther, but it's one of the reasons why I cry myself to sleep sometimes.

Shousha, you have my sincerest support. I'm not as strong as you, so you have my admiration as well.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 00:42   Link #64
donna8157
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Yes, it's nice.
__________________
Donna

Last edited by donna8157; 2004-07-15 at 13:06.
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 07:08   Link #65
Shousha
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 35
Send a message via ICQ to Shousha Send a message via AIM to Shousha Send a message via MSN to Shousha Send a message via Yahoo to Shousha
woods: thank you. i try.

but living up things a little bit, I think imma post a pic of me and my actual gf.
let's see if this works....

Spoiler:

Spoiler:


at my sister's wedding 2 months ago or so....
Shousha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 09:22   Link #66
Rhia
shush! I was only helping
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Under ur skin
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shousha
woods: thank you. i try.

but living up things a little bit, I think imma post a pic of me and my actual gf.
let's see if this works....

Spoiler:

Spoiler:


at my sister's wedding 2 months ago or so....

Shes really pretty if i were a guy id be proud to have her on my arm..
Rhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 09:31   Link #67
Shousha
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 35
Send a message via ICQ to Shousha Send a message via AIM to Shousha Send a message via MSN to Shousha Send a message via Yahoo to Shousha
I am.

Trust me. I am proud of her.
Shousha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 09:54   Link #68
Rhia
shush! I was only helping
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Under ur skin
Age: 23
And so u shuld b well i hope everything turns out good with her..
Rhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 01:09   Link #69
xplode
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 31
I have been and still am in love and the most wonderful thing came from it, our now 2 year old daughter.
xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 09:25   Link #70
Rhia
shush! I was only helping
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Under ur skin
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplode
I have been and still am in love and the most wonderful thing came from it, our now 2 year old daughter.

Omg thats soo sweet, whats her name? your daughter and your love..
Rhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 13:50   Link #71
llama
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Arizona
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to llama
Have I ever been in love? ::sniff sniff:: YES! And I still am, but have to keep it too myself now. And I thought he loved me too...bit of advice for you all, don't tell someone that you love them unless you really mean it. I really really meant it, he said he did too. He lied. And now I'm left to watch the world dissappear around me. And then he said he still wanted to be my friend, and yet I haven't heard from or seen him at all in about 3 months. And somehow even after all he did I still care about him more than anything in this world. ::sigh:: so depressed....

EDIT (2 years later!): Wow...EMO!!! Hahaha...I wanted to slap myself around after reading this. Over two years later and it doesn't even matter to me anymore. Kindly ignore this post. It wasn't too long after the breakup when I posted that, so I was still feeling really bummed. He wasn't even worth my tears, and I found out more things about him later that made me glad it ended when it did. Good riddance to him! I was blinded by feelings at the time but now that I see what I didn't back then I'm actually really grateful we're not together.

Last edited by llama; 2006-08-27 at 13:41.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 18:42   Link #72
Secca
nya`
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by llama
Have I ever been in love? ::sniff sniff:: YES! And I still am, but have to keep it too myself now. And I thought he loved me too...bit of advice for you all, don't tell someone that you love them unless you really mean it. I really really meant it, he said he did too. He lied. And now I'm left to watch the world dissappear around me. And then he said he still wanted to be my friend, and yet I haven't heard from or seen him at all in about 3 months. And somehow even after all he did I still care about him more than anything in this world. ::sigh:: so depressed....
aww, at least you told him, that took alot of courage. ^^

my boring story, about my first love. It was in high school. I was just 2nd year when we have a new teacher, she was 5 years older than me. But she's really nice to me like a sister.

I really look up to her, she's so smart and beautiful. She's just special to me. But I couldn't say anything that I like her. I didn't know what to do, I never felt that way before. Also I was afraid my friends will think I'm weird because she's female. But the biggest fear I had that I'm afraid if she ever find out, she will think I'm weird, and will start avoiding me. I couldn't bear that tought, so I never had the courage to say it and risk everything.

Btw, my school was an old fashion Asian Catholic school, a kiss would have been considered scandal.
__________________
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 22:19   Link #73
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Age: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
aww, at least you told him, that took alot of courage. ^^

my boring story, about my first love. It was in high school. I was just 2nd year when we have a new teacher, she was 5 years older than me. But she's really nice to me like a sister.

I really look up to her, she's so smart and beautiful. She's just special to me. But I couldn't say anything that I like her. I didn't know what to do, I never felt that way before. Also I was afraid my friends will think I'm weird because she's female. But the biggest fear I had that I'm afraid if she ever find out, she will think I'm weird, and will start avoiding me. I couldn't bear that tought, so I never had the courage to say it and risk everything.

Btw, my school was an old fashion Asian Catholic school, a kiss would have been considered scandal.


I thought that was a sweet story. However, you and I both know that wasn't love, but rather infatuation. That always wears off after a few months. I think always best not to say those three little words until.... say.... a year after both of you are dating and you both still feel like you wouldn't want to be without each other.

Someday I'd like to meet someone I could pursue like that again, I need to get my ducks in a row first.

-k
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 02:29   Link #74
Secca
nya`
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious


I thought that was a sweet story. However, you and I both know that wasn't love, but rather infatuation. That always wears off after a few months. I think always best not to say those three little words until.... say.... a year after both of you are dating and you both still feel like you wouldn't want to be without each other.
Maybe. ^^ Because I really have no idea how to describe it, I wasn't thinking about dating or anything, I just happy to be near her. And it went on for like one and a half year until I graduated then we had to go separate way.

After that I got into normal relationship with a guy, but it just feel different. I don't get the excited, or the heart beating feel anymore. Maybe I'm just weird.

Deep down I know she always has a special place inside me. And it does makes me wonder, what if....
__________________

Last edited by Secca; 2004-07-15 at 02:50.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 03:18   Link #75
AzrielBlack
Guardian Of Deamons
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: In a village somewhere in the northwest of england
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to AzrielBlack Send a message via MSN to AzrielBlack
I am in love, i know what love is...but i think its different for everyone. For me its when im with my girlfriend i have the best time ever, the feeling cannot be matched. Then when shes not with me for even a few hours i feel like a part of me is missing and i want it back. She feels exactly the same and we both want to spend the rest of our lives together. When im with her i feel like the strongest, most confident person on the planet and i am the same to her.

I said some stuff about this in another thread where i went slightly off topic....but basically said i was going to propose in the next couple of weeks.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=17056

My plan is to stay over at her house and wake up in the middle of the night making sure not to wake her. I then get everything prepared, a dozen roses, the ring and sprinkle some tulip petals over the bed where she sleeps. Ill then use a feather to stir her and ill be down on one knee watching her...when she opens her eyes i will ask her to marry me...and im sure she will say yes.
AzrielBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 09:46   Link #76
shun
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
yea I've been in love once... and probably won't ever get the same feeling again but here's what I've learned... I'M HAPPY IF I HAVE IT, BUT I CAN LIVE WITHOUT IT.
shun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 12:02   Link #77
Koshiba
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzrielBlack
I am in love, i know what love is...but i think its different for everyone. For me its when im with my girlfriend i have the best time ever, the feeling cannot be matched. Then when shes not with me for even a few hours i feel like a part of me is missing and i want it back. She feels exactly the same and we both want to spend the rest of our lives together. When im with her i feel like the strongest, most confident person on the planet and i am the same to her.

I said some stuff about this in another thread where i went slightly off topic....but basically said i was going to propose in the next couple of weeks.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=17056

My plan is to stay over at her house and wake up in the middle of the night making sure not to wake her. I then get everything prepared, a dozen roses, the ring and sprinkle some tulip petals over the bed where she sleeps. Ill then use a feather to stir her and ill be down on one knee watching her...when she opens her eyes i will ask her to marry me...and im sure she will say yes.
Aww! That's really sweet! ^_^ I'm such a sucker for romance. xP I wish you two a happy future! Awww.. Seriously, that's great. =D It's really great that you'd think of something so special to do for her. Aww. Makes me giddy. Hehe.
Koshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 12:38   Link #78
Zapaan
Kawaii Inspector
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Plane of Heck
Age: 44
I don't want to sound condescending to anyone, but based on the number of teenagers replying in this thread, honestly, I don't think many of you actually know what love is.

Please don't think I'm trying to be an asshole here, as I'm not (really!). What I'm saying is that I don't believe many of you have the life experience to actually 'know' what love is. I'm certain you all feel/felt very strongly about the relationship, but when you don't have a reasonable frame of reference (ie. life experience), what you believe to be love, is likely more to do with your psychological state based on your age, combined with puberty & hormones creating an emotional state which you believe to be this ephemeral thing called love. I'm not trying to belittle your experiences here, I'm simply making an assertion that what you believe to be love is probably more to do with the above than actual love (though it could certainly be argued that love is nothing more than an evolutionary chemical state of mind anyway).

Honestly, I don't think most people can claim to know what love is until the age of 25 (generally anyway), or has become a parent. I'm not saying they haven't experienced it, I'm saying you likely won't know for certain until you hit around the age of 25, as that age will tend to give you a certain amount of life experience which in turn gives you a certain perspective that simply doesn't exist prior to that. The perfect example is teen angst.

Ask anyone that's under 20 and they'll likely still be going through the stage in their life where they feel that no one in the universe can understand them, and that they're a precious unique snowflake, likely suffering in anguish in some way over something. Ask these same people once they hit 30 and you'll get a vastly different response because by then, they'll likely have lost the innocence of youth and have come to terms with who and what they are to a certain degree.

The phrase "Time heals all wounds" is truly a philosophical truth. What isn't so obvious is that it's only true given enough time. Not because as time goes on, the pain begins to subside (though this is generally true too), but because as you get older, you get more and more perspective on life and introspection begins to dull what you felt lo those many years ago.

Besides which, 'true' love doesn't even exist

- Z

P.S. AzrielBlack, if I could make a humble suggestion (without knowing anything about your SO), you might want to consider candles, some soft background music, and not popping the question for a few seconds after she's awoken (say until she actually says something wondering what's going on). If you do it just as she opens her eyes, she'll likely be confused, but if you wait a few seconds, she'll be in that semi-cognizent state where she's lucid, but will still have the sensation that things are a little dreamlike. The impact will probably be much more profound. Btw, very romantic
__________________
There's a fine line between genius and stupidity. Genius has limits.
Zapaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 12:44   Link #79
Koshiba
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Zapaan, That may perhaps be true for some but you don't really have to be a certain age to *experience* love. :P Some people may not *realize* the difference between love and crushes and stuff but eh.. It isn't true for all. I've known several people that met their current husband/wife when they were quite young and have had a long relationship. I guess it all depends on the person though. Supposedly being older means you're wiser but I wouldn't say it's like that all the time. Since different people have been through different things and at different times in their life. Anyways, that's my two cents or so. :P As for me, I think that I'm fairly wise for my age and I dont' judge things on my experiences alone. ^^
Koshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 12:54   Link #80
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germany
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
Well yes, i have been in love, more than once. But everything that came from it so far has been depression and self-hate.

The first one was my ex-gf, i was madly in love for her and she accepted my feelings, when i told her what i felt for her she said she was unsure ... after a few month ( very painful for me, because she totally left me in dark about what she thinks ) she accepted and we started building an relationship.

After 1 month she suddenly broke up with me and refused to tell me any reason, needless to say i got overly frustrated and sad ... a month later i found out that she was together with a good friend of mine "all of the sudden". Ive talked with him like every day and he never mentioned anything like that, so actually they had something running and that was the reason for her breakup, shortly after it they became a couple and tried to hide it from me...

=> The beginning of the end.

Ever since then ive been very depressed and completly uncaring about myself, i couldnt care less if i would die or something, i dont know, its just the way i am...

It continues, like 4 month later i found another girl that i was able to develop special feelings for ... after some time i also told her, exactly one day after my birthday ... big mistake. She said that she feels something special for me too, but starting on the next day she started to act mean, agressive and ignorant to me. After a week or so she completly broke the contact off.
2 Month later she came back saying that she made a big mistake and that the friendship is very important for her etc, but yeah. I dunno, i couldnt bring myself to talk with her the way i could before, i get rather depressed when i talk to her and tend to avoid her. I'm not entirly sure, i still feel special about her, but it also hurts because of what had happened and im not entirly sure what to do, it hurts even more when i talk to her, so im actually trying to avoid her... so yeah...

anyways, those are my experiences on the topic "love" ... and based on them i can only say that love can be a wonderful thing if others weren't that cruel.
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.