AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-30, 15:53   Link #1201
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Question: Why does Sankaku Complex have such a bad reputation here on this board? Is it just because of the over-the-top attacks they sometimes make of the Haruhi fanbase? Or... is it simply that they have a poor record when it comes to getting their news stories right?
Bit of both.

Should point out that they intentionally get news stories wrong in order to draw attention. They're a sensationalist tabloid.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 16:55   Link #1202
KyonisGod
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tucson
if haruhi is set to end on oct 2
what story lines are going to be covered?

and any news if there is going to be a 'season 3'
KyonisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 17:22   Link #1203
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 25
Doesn't it end Oct. 9? [Edit - Er...I goofed counting the dates I think]

Anyway, after Sigh there should be the rest of the unaired episodes from the 2006 version.

No news on anything after TMoHS yet, just previous promotional art hinting at Vanishment. But that could be something...or nothing.
__________________
If you're interested in what I'm watching, click here.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Heminga13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 18:53   Link #1204
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Bit of both.

Should point out that they intentionally get news stories wrong in order to draw attention. They're a sensationalist tabloid.
Thanks for the info. They definitely give me a sensationalist vibe - all the hentai they typically have on their site alone is kind of telling.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
Doesn't it end Oct. 9? [Edit - Er...I goofed counting the dates I think]

Anyway, after Sigh there should be the rest of the unaired episodes from the 2006 version.

No news on anything after TMoHS yet, just previous promotional art hinting at Vanishment. But that could be something...or nothing.
Heminga... given your extensive research on the matter, what would be your educated guess as to when KyoAni/Kadokawa's most likely Announcement Date for a "SURPRISE!" real second season and/or a Vanishment movie in the winter would be, presuming they do such a thing?
__________________
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 19:04   Link #1205
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 25
I wouldn't expect any announcement until after Someday in the Rain airs merely based on the thought that Kadokawa is not trying to alienate new fans watching the series for the first time. An official announcement would spoil something more than some promo art that is only spoiled by reading other posts online detailing the reasoning behind what's depicted in the art (which you could avoid). More likely, though, something airing in December probably doesn't have to be announced until November at the latest (TMoHS 2009 was announced the month before, right? Or was it two months?).
__________________
If you're interested in what I'm watching, click here.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Heminga13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 19:09   Link #1206
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
I wouldn't expect any announcement until after Someday in the Rain airs merely based on the thought that Kadokawa is not trying to alienate new fans watching the series for the first time. An official announcement would spoil something more than some promo art that is only spoiled by reading other posts online detailing the reasoning behind what's depicted in the art (which you could avoid). More likely, though, something airing in December probably doesn't have to be announced until November at the latest (TMoHS 2009 was announced the month before, right? Or was it two months?).
That makes sense to me. Thanks for the feedback! So... if I don't hear anything concerning Haruhi by December 1st of this year, I'll assume that we won't be getting anything new until late Spring 2010 at the absolute earliest.
__________________
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 19:15   Link #1207
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That makes sense to me. Thanks for the feedback! So... if I don't hear anything concerning Haruhi by December 1st of this year, I'll assume that we won't be getting anything new until late Spring 2010 at the absolute earliest.
Unless they troll again, and have another show buy the time slot and then swap to Haruhi at the last minute.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 19:52   Link #1208
KyonisGod
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tucson
what's the typical japanese new show season?
is it fall? like it is in the usa
KyonisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 19:58   Link #1209
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
All four seasons have new shows, but most of the shows that are expected to be successful air in Fall.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 20:52   Link #1210
Jenni
B-baka!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Arizona
Age: 26
Send a message via Skype™ to Jenni
...and fall is coming up! Yay!

*is excited*
__________________

Come check out Project Haruhi!
Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 20:54   Link #1211
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
...and fall is coming up! Yay!

*is excited*
Actually every single show this coming fall seems extremely cookie-cutter and mediocre. RECESSION and all.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 00:02   Link #1212
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
And yet....does anyone know what will replace Haruhi in that time slot in October?
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 03:18   Link #1213
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
And yet....does anyone know what will replace Haruhi in that time slot in October?
Those time slots are generally reserved for reruns, I'm pretty sure.

Pretty sure.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 09:41   Link #1214
Aqua Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 21
No episode today?
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 10:16   Link #1215
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
No episode today?
I'm surprised that a new episode thread isn't up yet either. I hope it doesn't mean that this week's episode is going to be delayed...
__________________
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 10:57   Link #1216
M.Marangio
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm surprised that a new episode thread isn't up yet either. I hope it doesn't mean that this week's episode is going to be delayed...
Edit: Thread is up.
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 09:53   Link #1217
EGFontanilla
Charming General Person
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada
Age: 19
Does the Endless Eight take place before or after "Someday in the Rain"?
EGFontanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 09:55   Link #1218
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGFontanilla View Post
Does the Endless Eight take place before or after "Someday in the Rain"?
Before...this season is entirely chronological.
__________________
If you're interested in what I'm watching, click here.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Heminga13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 10:40   Link #1219
EGFontanilla
Charming General Person
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada
Age: 19
Okay. Definitely an interesting series considering all these out of order episodes and basically demolishing the fourth wall. x)
EGFontanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 10:46   Link #1220
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGFontanilla View Post
Meaning ..? Eheheh, sorry ..
Melancholy I-VI
Boredom
Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
Mysterique Sign
Remote Island Syndrome I-II
Endless Eight (...times 8 lol)
Sigh I-V
Episode 00
Live Alive
Day of Sagittarius
Someday in the Rain

That is (well, should be) the 2009 version of TMoHS. Someday in the Rain is the last chronological story animated so far and should be the end of this season barring anything crazy.

I'm not sure if that's what you wanted to know, though lol

Edit - >_>
__________________
If you're interested in what I'm watching, click here.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Heminga13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.