AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-03-11, 19:51   Link #41
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

I've been using Torrent Storm, but I'm disapointed with there current release of Torrent Storm 1.2

doesn't seem near as fast as 1.1, and it doesn't connect to the tracker half the time.
Hyperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 13:08   Link #42
sosanimeboy
Dead and Loving it!

Send a message via AIM to sosanimeboy Send a message via MSN to sosanimeboy Send a message via Yahoo to sosanimeboy
Hey...this is my first post...Hello to all

I want to know if there is a client that can allow you to select specific files within a batch torrent to download, and if so which one it is and where I can find it. Thanks!
Old 2004-03-13, 17:30   Link #43
gohmifune

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosanimeboy
Hey...this is my first post...Hello to all

I want to know if there is a client that can allow you to select specific files within a batch torrent to download, and if so which one it is and where I can find it. Thanks!
Azureus does, and it does it effectively. I don't have a link, but do a google search, it also seems to be relatively popular amongst the board members. I don't know if there any others though.
gohmifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 05:13   Link #44
LowT

What's the best Bit Torrent Client?

there's so many and I've been hearin "this ones good for small files and blah blah"

but honestly- i think it comes down to jus the file.

so wuts the truth?

wut is the obsolete BT client and WHY?

and "because i use it" is not a valid answer.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-06-17 at 05:24. Reason: Merged into pre-existing thread. In the future please use the search function before creating a thread.
LowT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 15:02   Link #45
LowT

what's the difference between shadow experimental and shadow stable??

I don't know, I hear shadow stable and it makes me think the other one's some kind of experiment that doesn't quite work yet.

but then I see experimental is the newest verz, and you guys are noting it' speed so I'm kind of torn apart the two.

LowT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 15:18   Link #46
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohmifune
Azureus does, and it does it effectively. I don't have a link, but do a google search, it also seems to be relatively popular amongst the board members. I don't know if there any others though.
I tried a lot like ABC, PTC, and others but Azureus so far is the best in terms of options. I used to use ABC but I had problems with it using my ISP so I switched to Azureus.
________
PENNY STOCK PICKS

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:17.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 15:22   Link #47
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowT
what's the difference between shadow experimental and shadow stable??

I don't know, I hear shadow stable and it makes me think the other one's some kind of experiment that doesn't quite work yet.

but then I see experimental is the newest verz, and you guys are noting it' speed so I'm kind of torn apart the two.

Experimental is like a beta or a work in progress. It may give you the latest techology but you give up stability. Stable is the release version and has been tested.

A lot of times, developers tweak the backend to work better with trackers. Some sites actually ban older clients or clients which flood the trackers. It might get a newer version but from the end user's point of view, there's nothing different but it could mean night and day for the tracker. A flooded tracker can result in slower downloads and slower connects to peers since it cannot push client info to you.
________
J mays

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:18.
Old 2004-06-18, 01:08   Link #48
kagelump

i like azureus since i can often get around 100 kBs easily (and i think i download about 1 - 9 kBs from about 40 people, probably due to its aggressiveness to connect to other peers)

but due to that fact, azureus hogs up A LOT of resources (around 70% - 90%), so i always have to set it on idle, or else i can't do anything

but if i want to play games, i need to switch clients, since it takes up way too much resources

but still, i don't get high speeds like that from other clients often
kagelump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-08, 08:40   Link #49
Freddy C
Invincible

Send a message via MSN to Freddy C
Exclamation

shadow's for me, i don't really like the torrentstorm and Azureus layout. i used to when using kazaa, but now i prefer the simpler things, i don't really have more than 2 torrents simultaneously anyways.
Old 2004-07-08, 09:02   Link #50
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

currently using BitComet 0.53 and it works great for me.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-08, 12:49   Link #51
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
OMG I just realized that Mr. Azureus zealot himself did not post in this thread yet. Oh, well:

My favourite BT client is Azureus.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 02:19   Link #52
Orochi
8-headed Dragon.

Send a message via AIM to Orochi
Azureus problems?

Uh...Recently I've been having problems staying connected to my cable internet ISP. I more recently noticed that I only have the problems when running Azureus. Not even with KaZaA and all it's adware.

I've since uninstalled Azureus, and now have to think of how to deal with the person coming from my ISP tomorrow to fix a now non-existant problem.

Is someone going to tell me it's completely impossible this was Azureus' fault?
Old 2004-07-11, 05:43   Link #53
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi
Is someone going to tell me it's completely impossible this was Azureus' fault?
It depends on the number of connection to peers and seeds you let Azureus connect to. If it were too many this could have killed your Internet connection. You'd have been fine with decreasing the number instead of calling some ISP guy but oh well ^_^
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 16:54   Link #54
likiud

i dont know why you people are saying azureus is a resource hog.. cuz simply it duznt... it is really the best one i've tried... ive tried ABC, bit comet, and shadow.. ABC stopped updating... bitcomet was just slow.. and shadow has very bad resume support... all those crashed on me occasionally... once i tried azureus i was impressed with the speeds and stability.. very user friendly... very good resume support and queue... and.. it duznt use 50% CPU... i can even play UT2004 while running azureus...

well..... the bottom line is... AZUREUS is simply the BEST BITTORRENT CLIENT there is...
likiud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 22:21   Link #55
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Azureus WAS a resource hog with the old Java software. By upgrading to the latest Sun Java Built, the problem disappeared. It's also a lot more stable now and that's why I use it as my default BT client.
________
Ford Torino Engine Specifications Picture

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:30.
Old 2004-07-13, 22:49   Link #56
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Ive tried tons of differant BT clients and so far azureus is the best .
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 05:01   Link #57
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

bitcomet was slow, but I think from version 0.53 the speed improved a lot... at least it can saturate my 512K ADSL connection easily.

Azureus is great... only if it can work for my connection... also I kinda don't like how I have to open ports in my firewall for javaw...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 17:30   Link #58
AzrielBlack
Guardian Of Deamons

Send a message via AIM to AzrielBlack Send a message via MSN to AzrielBlack
Azureus is the best available in my opinion. I get high speed downloads where as with the other BT programmes it was painfully sloooooooooow. Also its very user friendly and looks cool....not that what it looks like really matters. Its the king of Torrent progs. Thanks to sin for pointing out how good it really is.
AzrielBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 07:47   Link #59
Shadowlord
~DESU

the reason people say azureus is a resource hog is because it loads java as well as the client. Anyway, i would recommend Azureus as well, im easily getting 150-300kbps download speed on well seeded newer releases. Also, it doesn't require alot of programming to set it up.
Old 2004-07-15, 08:44   Link #60
Late
Peelo

I'm using BitTornado and BitComet sometimes. BitComet is great when you wan't to download one or two episodes from a batch.
Late is offline   Reply With Quote