AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-21, 19:40   Link #421
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Land of tha Heartless
Age: 26
Btw, to state the obvious, the Blackbeard pirates are being built to counter and rival the Straw Hats, it would seem. BB's picking up Shiryuu as a swordsman to rival Zoro is only further proof thereto. That could be something, too, considering Shiryuu was supposedly as powerful as Magellan....
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 19:46   Link #422
29pav
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Australia
i reckon that in about 10 to 15 chapters once marines & whitebeard fleets are severly weakened we could be seeing dragon & his boys be coming to town now that the gate is open also what is the chance some of gold d rogers crew show up to save his son let us Know
29pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 07:03   Link #423
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the Sky with the Birds
I'm going to predict the match-ups.

--- I got Aokiji battling against Marco, if Kizaru and Marco's abilities don't hurt each other its no use in them fighting.
--- I got Mihawk crushing Joz, I don't think Mihawk is going to let him get away with blocking his attack like that.
--- I got Moria helping out the Vice-Admirals in taking down Oars III, since he did say he wanted him to be part of his collection.
Thats all I got for right now.
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 23:14   Link #424
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
I couldn't help but picture this scene when I really thought about the current situation and once Luffy arrives.

Luffy: Oi, Hanmock!
Hancock: Luffy-kun!(You forgot my name already?)
Luffy: Where's Ace, you have o help me get to Ace!
Hancock: O-of course I wish to help you Luffy-kun...
Luffy: Yosh! Let's go then!
Hancock: But if I compromise my Shichibukai status now, they'll destroy Amazon Lily.
Luffy: Well we can't have that, maybe if we just kick their asses hard enough...
Ivankov: Fear not Luffy-boy, I have the solution!
Luffy: Hmm, Iva-san?
Hancock: (Is that... supposed to be a Man!?)
Ivankov: Male Hormones!
...
Luffy: Huh? What happened to Hanmock? And who is this very pretty man here!?
Hancock: ...
Ivankov: Hee-haw! Now no one will be able to recognise you, do as you wish!
Hancock: ... (My lower back feels so... liberated!)
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 20:12   Link #425
longnose-kun
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sniper Island
I'm wondering if one piece is really worth it. Buggy was a part of Rodger's crew, yet he is going after johns treasure. Also shanks isn't interested in one piece either.
longnose-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 21:09   Link #426
Azncoke123
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnose-kun View Post
I'm wondering if one piece is really worth it. Buggy was a part of Rodger's crew, yet he is going after johns treasure. Also shanks isn't interested in one piece either.
Shanks is interested in One Piece, but he knows without his right arm he don't have the strength to raise to the top. He gave Luffy his dream basiclly to become the Pirate King. A lot of High-Tiers pirates and Marines have encounter Luffy and said he resembles the PK GOLD ROGER.
Azncoke123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 09:09   Link #427
kevinkong
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azncoke123 View Post
Shanks is interested in One Piece, but he knows without his right arm he don't have the strength to raise to the top. He gave Luffy his dream basiclly to become the Pirate King. A lot of High-Tiers pirates and Marines have encounter Luffy and said he resembles the PK GOLD ROGER.
Some say that Luffy was descended from Gol D. Roger.
__________________
kevinkong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 15:22   Link #428
Immolo
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkong View Post
Some say that Luffy was descended from Gol D. Roger.
We know for a fact that Luffy is not descended from Gol D. Roger. We have known for 102 episodes of the anime and 123 chapter of the manga that Luffy's father is Monkey D. Dragon and his grandfather is Monkey D. Garp.

Besides
Spoiler for Major manga spoiler from the 550s don't look unless you don't care about being spoiled:
Immolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 02:50   Link #429
Trafalgar Law
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immolo View Post
We know for a fact that Luffy is not descended from Gol D. Roger. We have known for 102 episodes of the anime and 123 chapter of the manga that Luffy's father is Monkey D. Dragon and his grandfather is Monkey D. Garp.

Besides
Spoiler for Major manga spoiler from the 550s don't look unless you don't care about being spoiled:
Spoiler for Manga:
Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 17:49   Link #430
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Will Usopp become one of the strongest fighters by the end of the series? He's the only "marksman" in the crew. There are a bunch of melee fighters but he's practically the only ranged fighter.

The "gunman" is an anime archetype. The marksmen are just like the swordsman, complete badasses.

Usopp's father is a pistolero. He's a gunfighter. Do you think he takes up guns in the future and will he become a pistol packing badass?
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 21:30   Link #431
Big Daddy
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Will Usopp become one of the strongest fighters by the end of the series? He's the only "marksman" in the crew. There are a bunch of melee fighters but he's practically the only ranged fighter.

The "gunman" is an anime archetype. The marksmen are just like the swordsman, complete badasses.

Usopp's father is a pistolero. He's a gunfighter. Do you think he takes up guns in the future and will he become a pistol packing badass?
Highly doubt it..Guns and Usopp don't match, and Usopp doesn't have the personality to be one of the strongest fighters. I think he will always be for the most part, the cowardly Usopp who somehow wins fights by running away and getting lucky :/.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 03:49   Link #432
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Highly doubt it..Guns and Usopp don't match, and Usopp doesn't have the personality to be one of the strongest fighters. I think he will always be for the most part, the cowardly Usopp who somehow wins fights by running away and getting lucky :/.
That's what I thought until I remembered Trigun. The villains Luffy will face are tough and the group is heavy on melee. Usopp fits one of the sacred anime archetypes, the marksman. Even though Usopp acts like a coward he has shown to be brave. I don't know. . . Usopp may be become Vash like. Acts like a coward and kind of silly but when things get extremely serious...

Last edited by mechalord; 2009-09-14 at 06:01.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 14:11   Link #433
sjaako
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azncoke123 View Post
Shanks is interested in One Piece, but he knows without his right arm he don't have the strength to raise to the top. He gave Luffy his dream basiclly to become the Pirate King. A lot of High-Tiers pirates and Marines have encounter Luffy and said he resembles the PK GOLD ROGER.
In what chapter is told that Shanks is interested in One Piece ?
Shanks also didnt lose strength and he already is at the top dont you think ?
sjaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 18:08   Link #434
Big Daddy
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
It honestly seems like the only people interested in One Piece are Kid, Luffy, and Blackbeard. It seems like Shanks/Whitebeard have no interest in it, or they haven't shown any if they are interested.

Also, I doubt shanks is greatly hindered by his one arm. He deflected an attack from blackbeard with one arm...so he is obviously far from weak, and his haki is very powerful.

Just because we know Luffy will end up being Pirate KIng doesn't mean no one else is interested in it...not to mention the whole reason the "Great Age of Piracy' began was because of One Piece.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 18:59   Link #435
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: τη λαnδ of веагз αnδ дг
Blackbeard's reference was mostly about pursuing someone's dreams. And depending on what One Piece is, that may take a different shape for everyone.

All the young ones, with no knowledge on One Piece may pursue only that unknown dream. However, the old and experienced ones, with knowledge on what One Piece is, may pursue a completely different one. At least, even though the target may be the same, going after an unknown dream and a known dream would result in different actions.
__________________
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 19:56   Link #436
Big Daddy
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Blackbeard's reference was mostly about pursuing someone's dreams. And depending on what One Piece is, that may take a different shape for everyone.

All the young ones, with no knowledge on One Piece may pursue only that unknown dream. However, the old and experienced ones, with knowledge on what One Piece is, may pursue a completely different one. At least, even though the target may be the same, going after an unknown dream and a known dream would result in different actions.
Has it been hinted that anyone besides Rayleigh actually know what One Piece is?
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 20:16   Link #437
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: τη λαnδ of веагз αnδ дг
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Has it been hinted that anyone besides Rayleigh actually know what One Piece is?
Since Rayleigh was not the only one traveling with Roger, even during his last days, logically there should be many others sharing the same information. And, if Whitebeard is still not aware of what One Piece is, despite his age and the amount of time he has been breathing, then he would be someone who wouldn't deserve such a title and a force behind him.
__________________
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 05:47   Link #438
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Luffy seems to come from a family with connections to the world government not just connected to the Navy. Garp walks around without anyone questioning his whereabouts or actions even though his son is a renegade revolutionary and his grandson is a pirate.

I wonder if Garp, Luffy, and Dragon are related to a member or members of the Gorousai or World Nobles.

Garp was training Luffy to join the Navy. Luffy and Dragon have higher expectations for Luffy than just Pirate King.

Will Luffy become Pirate King? I don't think so...

I think he'll find the One Piece and bury it or help his father "usher in a new age."


Luffy's father is the most dangerous man in the world. It may not be for his power but for what he knows and what he wants to do. We know that the Gorousai rule with an iron fist to maintain order. Dragon wants to upset this balance. What if Garp, Luffy, and Dragon are all nobles? Monkey D Dragon is called Dragon and the World Nobles are called Dragons too. Their bloodline may be that of one of the kings that founded the world government.

Last edited by mechalord; 2009-09-14 at 06:05.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 07:32   Link #439
Cipher
.....
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Usopp finally uses guns. Luffy unleashes most powerful technique -gear 7th---hyper version of gear 2nd---body part acceleration allowing bullet-speed finger flicking. Ok maybe not a theory but..still..i'm hoping for it.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 09:36   Link #440
Azncoke123
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaako View Post
In what chapter is told that Shanks is interested in One Piece ?
Shanks also didnt lose strength and he already is at the top dont you think ?
You really think Shanks didn't lose str missing one arm?
Azncoke123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.