AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-02, 08:54   Link #81
Aqua Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 22
Laws of Tsuruya were megas cute, I wonder why isn't Kyon x Tsuruya popular after all.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 08:59   Link #82
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakonboard View Post
Not reliable. The first chapter is clear, but the 2nd chapter is a complete mess. (And is missing the later pages)
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 09:01   Link #83
Kogetsu Shirogane
Crackshipper
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mitakihara
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
Laws of Tsuruya were megas cute, I wonder why isn't Kyon x Tsuruya popular after all.
That is a very good question. Even I have no problems with that, and I'm pretty much against Kyon and anyone*.

*Haruhi being an exception, but that's mainly because she'd make the rest of his life hell.
__________________
Kyouko Sakura and Madoka Kaname, Puella Magi Madoka Magica
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... well at least it's consistent...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 09:02   Link #84
Aqua Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 22
Btw, where's the sequel to this or that last page with "Angel" was the end?
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 09:18   Link #85
Triple_R
Ho Ho Honoka!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakonboard View Post
That was uproariously hilarious, and also very cute and sweet.

Tsuruya made me think of Ranma Saotome's fiances/love pursuers there, lol.
__________________
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 15:15   Link #86
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Minnesota
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
I read the version Nukerjsr sent me.

Spoiler for yeah:
Jonbob0008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 21:30   Link #87
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Does anyone think that the newest episode has said anything about Tsuruya's character? Now I can completely agree that she goes along with whatever Haruhi says (possibly anyone), but how she's very believable considering her unrealistic traits. She's SO nice that you can't really suspect her of what she does.

And still there's the debate with how she's involved with Haruhi's true purpose.
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 21:32   Link #88
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Tsuruya struck me as somewhat... evil... this last episode, given that whenever she laughed, the dark, ominous music was playing.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 04:18   Link #89
Triple_R
Ho Ho Honoka!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Tsuruya struck me as somewhat... evil... this last episode, given that whenever she laughed, the dark, ominous music was playing.
Like I said to Kogetsu earlier in this thread, Tsururya does have her flaws... just enough to keep her interesting.

Tsuruya can be playful to a fault and she's a touch oblivious, at least when it comes to helping out Haruhi and the SOS Brigade. Tsuruya was the only person that was actually smiling for a bit while Haruhi was bopping Mikuru on the head (in the lead-up to you-know-what). Now, in Tsuruya's case, there's not a touch of malevolence there (Tsuruya's smile was an innocent one)... but it does show that she can be a bit clueless at times.

However, Tsuruya gets points from me for quickly realizing her error and actually apologizing to Kyon.
__________________
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 10:29   Link #90
Heatth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brasil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
However, Tsuruya gets points from me for quickly realizing her error and actually apologizing to Kyon.
I agree with you here. She would really seens pretty 'evil'(not the right word) if was not for that.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 16:03   Link #91
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elkia
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Tsuruya can be playful to a fault and she's a touch oblivious, at least when it comes to helping out Haruhi and the SOS Brigade. Tsuruya was the only person that was actually smiling for a bit while Haruhi was bopping Mikuru on the head (in the lead-up to you-know-what). Now, in Tsuruya's case, there's not a touch of malevolence there (Tsuruya's smile was an innocent one)... but it does show that she can be a bit clueless at times.
Someone still hasn't read Intrigues (Vol 7). There's a reason people around here call her the Batman, and it's not just because she's unpowered and flthy rich. Tsuruya-san is faaar more perceptive than she lets on, likely only surpassed by Yuki in that department.
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 16:31   Link #92
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Like I said to Kogetsu earlier in this thread, Tsururya does have her flaws... just enough to keep her interesting.

Tsuruya can be playful to a fault and she's a touch oblivious, at least when it comes to helping out Haruhi and the SOS Brigade. Tsuruya was the only person that was actually smiling for a bit while Haruhi was bopping Mikuru on the head (in the lead-up to you-know-what). Now, in Tsuruya's case, there's not a touch of malevolence there (Tsuruya's smile was an innocent one)... but it does show that she can be a bit clueless at times.


(all hail tsuruya)
vedicardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 17:39   Link #93
Triple_R
Ho Ho Honoka!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Someone still hasn't read Intrigues (Vol 7).
I haven't decided yet if I want to spoil myself on all the Haruhi story that's out there (as it pertains to possible future animated material).

Quote:
There's a reason people around here call her the Batman, and it's not just because she's unpowered and filthy rich. Tsuruya-san is faaar more perceptive than she lets on, likely only surpassed by Yuki in that department.
Thanks for the info.

I still like to think of her more along the lines of the Joker. Green hair, laughs a lot... and apparently enjoys playing questionable pranks on even her best friends. If she's not clueless, then that means that she knew that what Haruhi was doing was wrong, and went along with it anyway.
__________________

Last edited by Triple_R; 2009-09-06 at 18:24.
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 17:45   Link #94
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elkia
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I haven't decided yet if I want to spoil myself on all the Haruhi story that's out there (as it pertains to possible future animated material).

Thanks for the info.

I still like to think of her more along the lines of the Joker. Green hair, laughs a lot... and apparently enjoys playing questionable pranks on even her best friends. If she's not clueless, then that means that she knew that what Haruhi was doing was wrong, and went along with it anyway.
Read at least up to Volume 7. Tsuruya-san's actions in Sigh will make considerably more sense. Even though Intrigues has multiple plots running concurrently and due to the primary plot, is the most Mikuru-centric of the single story books, Tsuruya absolutely steals the entire book in just one scene. And it's not a goofy, genki, laughing Tsuruya that does it.
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 22:29   Link #95
OkamiNoKaze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
"Why So Serious? Nyoro~n"
__________________
OkamiNoKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 23:20   Link #96
Triple_R
Ho Ho Honoka!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
"Why So Serious? Nyoro~n"
LOL!

That was great, OkamiNoKaze.

What's so funny is that I can sooo see Tsuruya saying that to Kyon after he tries to throw his punch.
__________________
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 08:01   Link #97
Kogetsu Shirogane
Crackshipper
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mitakihara
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
... Okay, how come when I did that joke, it creeped people out?
__________________
Kyouko Sakura and Madoka Kaname, Puella Magi Madoka Magica
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... well at least it's consistent...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 14:20   Link #98
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Timing. Everything with humor is about timing.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 20:49   Link #99
Kogetsu Shirogane
Crackshipper
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mitakihara
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Possible...
__________________
Kyouko Sakura and Madoka Kaname, Puella Magi Madoka Magica
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... well at least it's consistent...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 02:37   Link #100
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elkia
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... Okay, how come when I did that joke, it creeped people out?
Because it's funnier when it's not funny the first time.

Noblesse oblige. Please continue being the straight man. ^_^
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.