AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-09, 15:51   Link #3881
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
yes
the detailed history is presented by the lawyer representing the families being evicted
its still one sided
the one detail about this case that is not subjected to debate (since even the lawyer admits it)
is that they got eviceted because they refused to payed rent
you forgot this

Quote:
Eviction orders were issued, though the authenticity of the property deeds is still debated in Israeli courts.
why should they be paying rent when neither side has proven who owns the land?
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 15:53   Link #3882
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
you forgot this



why should they be paying rent when neither side has proven who owns the land?
because so long as the family dont have proof of ownership of the land (they only claim to have it unti proven), the land defaults to being owned by the state authorities
its not rocket science
its basic Real estate
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 15:59   Link #3883
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
because so long as the family dont have proof of ownership of the land (they only claim to have it unti proven), the land defaults to being owned by the state authorities
its not rocket science
its basic Real estate
ownership is being contest in a Court of Law. How does ownership default to the State? what kind of screwy land laws does Israel have?

and it is not rocket science because in the US, no eviction order would have been issue until the ownership issue has been resolve.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 16:05   Link #3884
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
ownership is being contest in a Court of Law. How does ownership default to the State? what kind of screwy land laws does Israel have?
all land belongs to the state (by default) unless it belongs to someone who bought it from the state (or from whoever held it before the state)
if no one buys the land from the state, then the state is the landlord
if that someone buys the land, then he owns it and he becomes the landlord
and if you buy a house built on that land, you buy it from him (the landlord)
if he only rents you that house, they you dont OWN the house, but you have a claim to it so long as you pay rent
if you dont pay rent, you get evicted
its not screwy, its simple real estate

and in the US, if you dont pay the rent, you'll get evicted all the same
the fact that you CLAIM that you own the land, doesnt mean that you do
and the fact that this case has been in court for quite a while, shows you that the court had good reason to suspect that they dont have a case
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 16:09   Link #3885
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
all land belongs to the state (by default) unless it belongs to someone who bought it from the state (or from whoever held it before the state)
if no one buys the land from the state, then the state is the landlord
if that someone buys the land, then he owns it and he becomes the landlord
and if you buy a house built on that land, you buy it from him (the landlord)
if he only rents you that house, they you dont OWN the house, but you have a claim to it so long as you pay rent
if you dont pay rent, you get evicted
its not screwy, its simple real estate
current ownership is currently debated in a Court of Law. The state isn't the default owner because there is no owner, there is a owner. We just don't know who till the court resolve the ownership question.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 16:10   Link #3886
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
current ownership is currently debated in a Court of Law. The state isn't the default owner because there is no owner, there is a owner. We just don't know who till the court resolve the ownership question.
there is a default owner
the state owns the lands until proven otherwise
and the family admited this fact by paying rent for as long as they did before
they cant suddenly decide "we dont acknowledge the states ownership of this land" as an excuse not to pay rent if they dont have proof that they own it after spending years paying rent
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 16:14   Link #3887
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
there is a default owner
the state owns the lands until proven otherwise
and the family admited this fact by paying rent for as long as they did before
there is no such thing as default owner in the US. if Israel has such a law then it is one of the screwiest around.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 16:15   Link #3888
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
then who owns the land in the US ?
and how did said owner get ownership of the land ?
who did he get it from ?
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 16:19   Link #3889
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
then who owns the land in the US ?
and how did said owner get ownership of the land ?
who did he get it from ?
the government owns the land.

what i mean by no default owner is that in a case where the ownership of a piece of land is being contest in a court of law. The state does not became the default owner, the state cannot collect rent or issue eviction orders.

the state State cannot assume ownership of the contest land until it has proven that there are no legal owners.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 16:25   Link #3890
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the government owns the land.

what i mean by no default owner is that in a case where the ownership of a piece of land is being contest in a court of law. The state does not became the default owner, the state cannot collect rent or issue eviction orders.
the state did not BECOME the default owner all of a sudden because suddenly there was no clear owner
it started out AS the owner of that property
it was the owner until that point
and the family admited this fact by paying rent for as long as they did TO the state authority
the family accepted the states ownership of the land all that time

the only thing that changed is that the family suddenly said "we dont acknowledge the states ownership anymore" and made a claim that THEY owned the land (without enough evidence)
in addition, they stopped paying rent, and hence got evicted
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 16:28   Link #3891
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the state did not BECOME the default owner all of a sudden because suddenly there was no clear owner
it started out AS the owner of that property
it was the owner until that point
and the family admited this fact by paying rent for as long as they did TO the state authority
the family accepted the states ownership of the land all that time

the only thing that changed is that the family suddenly said "we dont acknowledge the states ownership anymore" and made a claim that THEY owned the land (without enough evidence)
in addition, they stopped paying rent, and hence got evicted
Quote:
In the early 1970s, a Jewish association claimed ownership of the land around the tomb, based on property deeds from Ottoman times. At first the Palestinian families agreed to pay rent to the association to continue living there as protected tenants. Mr. Abu Hussein said they stopped paying when he learned that the Jewish deeds had been forged.
so when did this Jewish Association became part of the State of Israel?
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 16:30   Link #3892
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
so when did this Jewish Association became part of the State of Israel?
who do you think formed it ?
its an administrative body that works for the state (on behalf of the state)
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 16:38   Link #3893
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
who do you think formed it ?
its an administrative body that works for the state (on behalf of the state)
so why bother with whole deed dating back to the ottoman empire when the State could have just said, "You can prove ownership so pay us rent"?
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 16:45   Link #3894
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
there is a REASON why the state owns the land
the Jewish Association was a body formed in 1891 for the purpose of buying lands in the holy land for jews to settle in (this is about 60 years before israel was created)
thats why i said that the state owns the land by default
it was the original owner of the land because the Jewish Association bought it from the owner during the times of the ottoman empire

and this whole thing is getting way past the point
and the point is suprisingly simple
the families in question got evicted because they stopped paying the rent
not because they are arabs

if i dont pay my rent, i'll get evicted too
people only chose to make this a public relations bit because they are arabs
and seeing israeli soldeirs evicting arabs out of their homes makes for good press

new topic

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/am...ing/index.html
Mexican official: Hijack suspect is alcoholic, drug addict
Quote:
Mexican official: Hijack suspect is alcoholic, drug addict
MEXICO CITY (CNN) -- A 44-year-old Bolivian drug addict and alcoholic was responsible for the hijacking Wednesday of a commercial jetliner, a Mexican official said.
Genaro Garcia Luna, the secretary for public security, told reporters that the suspect told authorities he hijacked the jet because the date -- September 9, 2009, or 9/9/9 -- held some significance for him.

The hijacking of the airliner carrying more than 100 passengers ended peacefully Wednesday when eight people were taken into custody at Mexico City's airport, officials said.

The hijackers took control of the Boeing 737 Aeromexico jet as it flew from the resort town of Cancun, Mexico. They said a cardboard box they were carrying contained a bomb, which they threatened to blow up if their demand to speak to President Felipe Calderon was not met, CNN affiliate TV Azteca said.

The jet was moved to a remote area of the airport, and passengers were allowed to deplane; clutching their hand luggage, they walked slowly down the stairway to the tarmac.

Moments later, the suspects were taken into custody and the package turned out not to contain explosives, the station said.
you'd think that with todays problems, they would get better security
__________________

Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 2009-09-09 at 17:35.
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 18:03   Link #3895
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Still, given the hostile atmosphere, you'll have thought that the PR department will emphasize the money factor, instead of letting hot air decide that it's a racial issue.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 18:07   Link #3896
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Still, given the hostile atmosphere, you'll have thought that the PR department will emphasize the money factor, instead of letting hot air decide that it's a racial issue.
no one would care

case in point
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...774220,00.html

Quote:
Egypt police kill 4 migrants at Israeli border
Security sources say African migrants shot dead while trying to infiltrate into Israel; two others also shot and wounded
Egyptian police shot dead four African migrants as they tried to slip across the sensitive Sinai desert border into Israel on Wednesday, security sources said.

The shootings were believed to be the deadliest single border incident involving primarily African migrants, and came days before Egyptian and Israeli leaders are due to hold political talks in Cairo.
Shooting Incident
Egyptian guards kill African at border with Israel / Associated Press
Security officials say migrants ignored warning shots; Eritrean woman injured in incident
Full Story

Security sources said two more migrants, both Ethiopians, were shot and wounded, and one was in a critical condition. The nationalities of the dead were not immediately known, because they carried no identification papers.

Egyptian police have killed at least 12 African migrants at the frontier since May, ending a six-month lull in known fatalities as police responded to what security sources have said was an increased flow of human traffic through Egypt.
the migrants are usually refugees from the massacres in Darfur
they try to sneak into Israel and pass through Egypt on the way from Sudan
they usually get sheltered in Israel
the Egyptians by contrast, shoot them on sight

you wont normally hear that reported in international media
israeli "pet the dog" moments rarely are
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 18:29   Link #3897
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Look: I think the Israeli government needs to do something about its PR department. In today's media, if you don't put forward your own line, someone else is going to do it for you. If someone is screaming and yelling as a distraction, then your megaphone must be louder than theirs.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 19:26   Link #3898
Shadow Kira01
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PMB Headquarters
I have been wondering if we should start a thread called Israel-Palestine Conflict, then get the moderators to merge some posts into that thread as that it is one of the major concerns in the Middle East for quite some time already.

----
Kumamoto man arrested after fatally stabbing his daughter’s 38-year-old boyfriend

Quote:
A 42-year-old man was arrested for attempted murder on Tuesday night, after he allegedly stabbed a 38-year-old man who was seeing his 16-year-old daughter, police said Wednesday.
I hope Snow Villiers won't share a similar fate but then again, the guy can just summon Shiva.

18-year-old Japanese woman loses Y80 mil antique violin on Austrian subway

Quote:
Austrian media reported Wednesday that an 18-year-old Japanese tourist on a trip in August left her antique violin, made in 1792 and worth 60,000 euros (80 million yen), on the subway in Vienna. Police have attempted to find the instrument but have no clues or leads to what may have happened to it.
That must be a very expensive trip...

Iran's Mousavi Urges Supporters Not to be Provoked

Quote:
Defeated Iranian presidential candidate Mir Hossein Mousavi has urged his supporters not to be provoked, hours after the arrest of one of his senior aides.
It seems that the internal conflicts of Iran will continue to degrade in the coming few weeks. Although Mousavi has asked his supporters to refrain from taking action against the arrest of his senior aide but once Mousavi himself gets arrested, I do not think his supporters will simply sit by and see it happen.

[url=http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-09-08-voa7.cfm]China Denies Border Troops Entered India[/quote]

Quote:
Indian media reported that Chinese troops came more than a kilometer into Indian territory near Mount Gya. Once in India, Chinese troops reportedly marked boulders and rocks with red spray paint.
It seems as though the Chinese military is either planning to invade India as a mean of supporting their ally Pakistan or perhaps, they were just vandalizing Indian sovereignty. However, the Chinese government has deny the actions which generally would conclude with a protest through diplomatic channels by India.

US Sanctions Two More North Korean Entities

Quote:
The two were sanctioned by the United Nations in July. Under Tuesday's action, any assets they might have in the United States would be frozen and U.S. citizens barred from dealing with them.
Took the United States long enough to make the decision, especially the fact that the United Nations has already taken action 2 months ago.

Venezuela to Shut Down More Broadcasters

Quote:
Venezuela's telecommunications chief says the government will soon close another 29 radio stations - on top of the 34 broadcasters ordered off the air in July.
This generally means that the Venezuelan government is up to no good. Speaking of which, there are reports that journalists in Xinjiang are currently getting arrested and beaten by the Chinese government for obstruction when it is obviously not the case.
__________________
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 23:36   Link #3899
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wellington, NZ
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
I have been wondering if we should start a thread called Israel-Palestine Conflict, then get the moderators to merge some posts into that thread as that it is one of the major concerns in the Middle East for quite some time already.
Maybe you can start one. No, seriously.
__________________
ZephyrLeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 00:12   Link #3900
428
封鎖された渋谷で
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
Maybe you can start one. No, seriously.
I second that, though, I think the best way for this to end, is simply to allow anarchy in the area.

Generations of leaders have fought over it, to no end in sight.
Generations of families have died over it.
So, really, it is a kind of anarchy there, and thus, let it reign in the region. I'm absolutely serious.
428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.