AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2003-11-28, 00:26   Link #81
Tomomi
chrno fangal
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 26
Thanks, Togabito_Ion and Rune~Grey! Hmm, so do you think that Chrno Crusade manga is a good buy?
Tomomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 00:28   Link #82
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid|J
Guh, can anyone tell me the name of the fricken ending theme? So far I've heard "Sayonara Soldier" "Sayonara Solitaire" and "Sayonara Solitude"
"Sayonara Soritia" which translates to "Sayonara Solitaire" (since "Soritia" is how they kana-ize Solitaire apparently)

Soldier can't be right since that should be something like "Sorudia-" or something. And Sayonara Solitude was used in the lyrics but isn't the name of the song.
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 02:06   Link #83
Togabito_Ion
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Dallas, Texas
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomomi
Thanks, Togabito_Ion and Rune~Grey! Hmm, so do you think that Chrno Crusade manga is a good buy?
No problem, Tomomi. :3 I honestly say it would be an excellent buy. The manga volumes themselves are very nice, and are actually a larger size than average. They're part of the Dragon Comics DX series, pretty much, so... they look really nice have very good quality work on them.

I'd go for it, myself.. but that's a given, as I've loved this series since day one. :3
Togabito_Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 04:20   Link #84
Tomomi
chrno fangal
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togabito_Ion
No problem, Tomomi. :3 I honestly say it would be an excellent buy. The manga volumes themselves are very nice, and are actually a larger size than average. They're part of the Dragon Comics DX series, pretty much, so... they look really nice have very good quality work on them.

I'd go for it, myself.. but that's a given, as I've loved this series since day one. :3
Thanks pal! I will probably buy the manga when I have the cash. I'm kinda saving my money for the other manga. Like Full Moon Wo Sagashite, Taiyou Ouji... Hehe...
Tomomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 07:11   Link #85
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Carlsbad CA
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
I personally liked this show. I have not read the manga and won't for some time to come since God only knows when ADV will release it. I liked the A-Keep version myself. C'mon give me a damn break about their mistake with the karaoke. I can't believe that a f-ing opening song would make you want to critique them and choose another group. Is the karaoke that important? I also must say that I liked some of the phrases that they used compared to some of the other versions I saw. But I still can't get over the fact that A-Keep messed up the karaoke and is now being referred to that bullshit joke AJ. Get a life please. Alright enough of this rant.

Hmm must also add; since when did so many of you become fansubbing experts. Just a question some of you should ask yourself (not directed to those of you who are actually fansubbers .
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 07:23   Link #86
Kamui-
F4
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tentacle Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiandu
I personally liked this show. I have not read the manga and won't for some time to come since God only knows when ADV will release it. I liked the A-Keep version myself. C'mon give me a damn break about their mistake with the karaoke. I can't believe that a f-ing opening song would make you want to critique them and choose another group. Is the karaoke that important? I also must say that I liked some of the phrases that they used compared to some of the other versions I saw. But I still can't get over the fact that A-Keep messed up the karaoke and is now being referred to that bullshit joke AJ. Get a life please. Alright enough of this rant.

Hmm must also add; since when did so many of you become fansubbing experts. Just a question some of you should ask yourself (not directed to those of you who are actually fansubbers .
I think peoples are upset because it is a very obvious mistake which could be seen by anyone and if it's so obvious, how come their Quality Checkers miss a so obvious mistake when like no one else did? I hope that explains why peoples are so furious all over this and it's been like this all along. You just need to tune into the fansubbing world of comparision.
Kamui- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 07:51   Link #87
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Carlsbad CA
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
Tune in????? I follow fansubbing very closely. I do have some friends that work with a couple of the groups( will not and refuse to name names). I am simply stated that a mistake in the karaoke should not warrant such critizism. It's so damn petty and ludicrous. Get off your high-horse and be grateful for free fansubbing in the first place. Amazes me that the fansubbers do this service for us and we go off about something so lame as the opening karaoke song. WTF is my feeling on that.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 09:14   Link #88
Kamui-
F4
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tentacle Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiandu
Tune in????? I follow fansubbing very closely. I do have some friends that work with a couple of the groups( will not and refuse to name names). I am simply stated that a mistake in the karaoke should not warrant such critizism. It's so damn petty and ludicrous. Get off your high-horse and be grateful for free fansubbing in the first place. Amazes me that the fansubbers do this service for us and we go off about something so lame as the opening karaoke song. WTF is my feeling on that.
I'm just curious, why are you in defence? You don't happen to be an akeep fanboy, would you?
Kamui- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 09:25   Link #89
tkcom
Killjoy-sama
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
I think Chrno reminds me of Cube from Puchi Puri Yuushi. Nonetheless, it's a great show.
tkcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 09:36   Link #90
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Carlsbad CA
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
I do like the job that A-Keep does with most of the stuff yes. Although my rant is because I hate how people rag on anything for little nonsensical things. Karaoke being one of them. Like i have stated, of the versions i saw the actually subbing of the story and episode was done best by akeep. Who cares that they messed up the karaoke which has nothing to do with the show besides open it. They didn't mess up the translation of the show itself.

oh lol a fanboy.....though i can see why one might think that. but to answer your question......no not by any means. I follow roughly 7 different fansub groups. I can tell you who they are if you would like. All have done great work on one series or another.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 09:58   Link #91
Kamui-
F4
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tentacle Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiandu
I do like the job that A-Keep does with most of the stuff yes. Although my rant is because I hate how people rag on anything for little nonsensical things. Karaoke being one of them. Like i have stated, of the versions i saw the actually subbing of the story and episode was done best by akeep. Who cares that they messed up the karaoke which has nothing to do with the show besides open it. They didn't mess up the translation of the show itself.

oh lol a fanboy.....though i can see why one might think that. but to answer your question......no not by any means. I follow roughly 7 different fansub groups. I can tell you who they are if you would like. All have done great work on one series or another.
Oh, so you mean that there is no chance ur being biased at all, interresting.
Kamui- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 10:01   Link #92
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Carlsbad CA
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
I do not think that i am being biased. Anime-Keep does not do the best job on all the series they sub. However i do feel they did the best job for CC even though the stupid karaoke part was wrong.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 10:29   Link #93
holyangel
Kawaii Fantasy
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Trust me, you're bias hehe, and btw it's not the karaoke that's the main problem... the video quality itself is also a factor, and i'm speaking as a 3rd party ^^

Btw issit just me, or do anime-kraze's lines looks funny... they look sort of fake or either flat... but then again.. it could be my moniter...
holyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 10:36   Link #94
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Carlsbad CA
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
So you say that i am biased? What basis do you have to support that? How many groups do you get your stuff from.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 10:40   Link #95
holyangel
Kawaii Fantasy
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Well... I get most of my stuff from A-Keep... but mostly because of it's name hehe ^^!! I don't really go check other group's encode when they release the same ep.

However, I did downloaded all the version of Chrno Crusade after being curious over everyone's comment hehe, and I think Anime-Forever & Infusion has the best encode.

In terms of typesetting err.. I won't pass any comment on all the versions... as I'm not an expert in that area... and I don't want trouble...
holyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 11:00   Link #96
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Carlsbad CA
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
Well at least you say that you like the Inf version for a good reason. You like their encoding better while i like the akeep version. that is a logical reason

all i was getting at is that to say that one group did a bad job over the other for little stuff like a missed karaoke segment just seems very lame and overly picky
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 11:09   Link #97
holyangel
Kawaii Fantasy
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
y you don't seems to get it? Why would people deem a fansub bad just because of 1 small error like that.. apprently there's many other reason that makes them say that too... Nvm, to each his own
holyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 11:24   Link #98
Togabito_Ion
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Dallas, Texas
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomomi
Thanks pal! I will probably buy the manga when I have the cash. I'm kinda saving my money for the other manga. Like Full Moon Wo Sagashite, Taiyou Ouji... Hehe...
Just letting you know now, they're a little more expensive than the usual manga (980 yen, I believe), so... you'll pay a bit more than the average price, but... yet again, that's because it's on a DX line.

As for Holy Angel and Xiandu... Please don't make this area a flame war. @.@;; I'm enjoying this topic and seeing what people have to guess about the series. :3
Togabito_Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 11:33   Link #99
holyangel
Kawaii Fantasy
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
I'm trying not to hahaha ^^!! though I might have said too much... I just wanna explain to him that it's not the karaoke problem.. as he seems abit confused hehe ^^!!
holyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 11:34   Link #100
Tomomi
chrno fangal
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togabito_Ion
Just letting you know now, they're a little more expensive than the usual manga (980 yen, I believe), so... you'll pay a bit more than the average price, but... yet again, that's because it's on a DX line.

As for Holy Angel and Xiandu... Please don't make this area a flame war. @.@;; I'm enjoying this topic and seeing what people have to guess about the series. :3
Okie, thanks for that bit of info. Ecks, I can foretell that my wallet will be a lot emptier than usual.

Aah... I can't wait for the next episode of Chrno Crusade desu! I'm starting to be a big fan of it... Even my avatar is Chrno for now.
Tomomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.